Author Topic: Would Philly help facilitate this 3 way trade?  (Read 1242 times)

Would Philly help facilitate this 3 way trade?
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:53:15 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Chicago trades:  Carlos Boozer
Chicago receives:  Ben Gordon
-Chicago does this purely to get rid of Boozer's contract next season.  Taj Gibson steps in as the starting PF next year.  Chicago goes from over the cap next summer to $13 mil of cap space.

Houston trades:  Omer Asik
Houston gets:  Carlos Boozer
-Houston gets a player on a contract of equal price as Asik's next season, but is a much better fit in Houston's front court.

Charlotte trades:  Ben Gordon
Charlotte gets:  Omer Asik
-Reports are they are buyers this month and they turn a very useless player into a very useful player.  Asik and Big Al together will have a ton of trouble guarding athletic 4's, but will also do a lot of damage on the boards like Memphis' frontcourt.

I think that 3 way trade would make a ton of sense.  Problem is that it doesn't work salary wise.  They need a 4th team to facilitate the trade by taking on some salary from Houston.  They only really expendable player with significant salary is Jeremy Lin.  The only team with the cap space to take him back is Philadelphia.

Would Philadelphia trade away Tony Wroten and take back Jeremy Lin if they also got back cash + a 1st round draft pick from Houston?  If not, what if Houston also included Terrence Jones or Montejunas?  I imagine Chicago would also include an asset of some sort if needed to make this trade happen.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Re: Would Philly help facilitate this 3 way trade?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 06:24:06 AM »

Offline BirdMchaleParish

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Ummm, you know this is celticsblog.com right?

Re: Would Philly help facilitate this 3 way trade?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 07:34:57 AM »

Offline Depalma2002

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Any Boozer to the Rockets rumors I have seen are mostly fan created

I would be surprised the Rockets had any interest because he doesn't appear to fit any of the things they have reportedly been interested in from an Asik deal which would be one or more of the following. Backup center, stretch 4, draft picks, and expiring contracts.

I just don't see them having an interest in a Boozer who, for them, would be a highly overpaid backup PF who is well into the back end of his career.