Author Topic: Nets (45-32) at Celtics (40-37) 4/10  (Read 43414 times)

Re: Nets (45-32) at Celtics (40-37) 4/10
« Reply #240 on: April 10, 2013, 10:46:58 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I want to say that I think Danny has always done a good job of giving Doc what he needed to win championships since KG got here.

That includes this year. Even after all the injuries. Crawford was a good trade and Shav, Williams, and White were great pick ups. Now it's time for Doc to earn his money.

I think that is why so many are frustrated. We see the potential but Doc seems so unwilling to use what he has got correctly.

Hopefully he will figure it out.  :)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2013, 10:49:05 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
This team is garbage. I hope they blow it the eff up in the offseason. Wow this team stinks  :-X :'(

This game means nothing.

*annoyed*

this team looks nothing like the team that closed out last year, for those thinking we will turn it on in the playoffs they will be upset i am afraid.

Okay. So we're supposed to be the same team every year?

umm if doc was half as good as so many on this site claim him to be he would be implementing a points in the paint and rebounding strategy not too mention his defense sucks. it is suicide what he is trying to do.

Stop with the hyperbole.  It's thesame system that has earned us so much success in the previous years.  Defense first. 

People underestimate how much Rondo meant to this team.  You won't go far without a quarterback.  And Rondo was a great one...

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #242 on: April 10, 2013, 10:49:50 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Are you guys really surprised? Celts are missing their best player and rely on a 37 and 35 year old as their best players. Add the fact that Jeff Green doesn't show up every night and you can expect nights like this.

And that your coach likes to play small forwards at the 4 and undersized power forwards at the 5.

What options does he really have??? Everybody keeps saying Shav has all these stats in 8 minutes people act like if he played 35 minutes he would average 14 points and 20 boards, stop!
He was playing in China for a reason, he is good in spurts don't get carried away.

If you're unwilling to admit that Shav has shined in the small amounts of minutes he has seen, you're kidding yourself.

He clearly has a knack for rebounding and has been a spark of energy. If he's playing well early, to not give him minutes is completely asinine.
DKC Suns

« Reply #243 on: April 10, 2013, 10:51:43 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
And... let the negativity parade begin.  Or continue, I should say.  I'm surprised a new Jeff Green hate thread hasn't popped up yet.

« Reply #244 on: April 10, 2013, 10:52:52 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Are you guys really surprised? Celts are missing their best player and rely on a 37 and 35 year old as their best players. Add the fact that Jeff Green doesn't show up every night and you can expect nights like this.

And that your coach likes to play small forwards at the 4 and undersized power forwards at the 5.

What options does he really have??? Everybody keeps saying Shav has all these stats in 8 minutes people act like if he played 35 minutes he would average 14 points and 20 boards, stop!
He was playing in China for a reason, he is good in spurts don't get carried away.

If you're unwilling to admit that Shav has shined in the small amounts of minutes he has seen, you're kidding yourself.

He clearly has a knack for rebounding and has been a spark of energy. If he's playing well early, to not give him minutes is completely asinine.

I agree with you he has in small spurts but do you really think he could play 35 minutes a night and be effective?

« Reply #245 on: April 10, 2013, 10:53:42 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Hook 'Em

I agree with you he has in small spurts but do you really think he could play 35 minutes a night and be effective?

Never said he should play 35 minutes a night. He should see more than 8 before garbage time though, especially when he's playing well.
DKC Suns

« Reply #246 on: April 10, 2013, 10:54:36 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

He played tonight and didn't do much at all. 

Jeff Green didn't do jackEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. either.  Inconsitency he's had all year.  As a matter of fact, Jeff played terrible tonight, I'm sorry.

People like to blame Doc a lot around here but he certainly didn't have the tools

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my

« Reply #247 on: April 10, 2013, 10:55:40 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Hook 'Em

He played tonight and didn't do much at all. 

Jeff Green didn't do jack**** either.  Inconsitency he's had all year.  As a matter of fact, Jeff played terrible tonight, I'm sorry.

People like to blame Doc a lot around here but he certainly didn't have the tools

9 rebounds in 10 minutes(7 in 8 before garbage time) isn't much?

DKC Suns

« Reply #248 on: April 10, 2013, 10:56:47 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

Never said he should play 35 minutes a night. He should see more than 8 before garbage time though, especially when he's playing well.

Do you think he may not be effective if he was played more and Doc is playing him the correct minutes to get the most out of him before he is exposed?

« Reply #249 on: April 10, 2013, 11:00:19 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
This team is garbage. I hope they blow it the eff up in the offseason. Wow this team stinks  :-X :'(

This game means nothing.

*annoyed*

this team looks nothing like the team that closed out last year, for those thinking we will turn it on in the playoffs they will be upset i am afraid.

umm if doc was half as good as so many on this site claim him to be he would be implementing a points in the paint and rebounding strategy not too mention his defense sucks. it is suicide what he is trying to do.

Stop with the hyperbole.  It's thesame system that has earned us so much success in the previous years.  Defense first. 

People underestimate how much Rondo meant to this team.  You won't go far without a quarterback.  And Rondo was a great one...

Exactly! They're sharing the ball,but it's still not resulting in easy buckets and they're barely getting to the rim. Their weakness is half court offense and sadly it will be exploited in the playoffs.

« Reply #250 on: April 10, 2013, 11:00:19 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Hook 'Em

Do you think he may not be effective if he was played more and Doc is playing him the correct minutes to get the most out of him before he is exposed?
Is this a joke?

If that's a reason to not play a guy who is producing solid minutes toward your weakest area then that's some pretty p--- poor coaching logic.
DKC Suns

« Reply #251 on: April 10, 2013, 11:01:03 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561

This game means nothing.

*annoyed*

i do not give a rats behind what we did before. what he is doing now is NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!  you think points in the paint and rebounds will not = wins?

defense? our d blows for GOD's sake.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #252 on: April 10, 2013, 11:07:40 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen

This game means nothing.

*annoyed*

i do not give a rats behind what we did before. what he is doing now is NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!  you think points in the paint and rebounds will not = wins?

Considering that our best player (who was a very good rebounder) and our starting center is out, it's easy to see why most things we do won't work.  And you're using a very small sample size here to measure Doc's so called "horrible" system.  Against years and years of brilliant coaching, your argument won't stand.

« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2013, 11:13:26 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

This game means nothing.

*annoyed*

Considering that our best player (who was a very good rebounder) and our starting center is out, it's easy to see why most things we do won't work.  And you're using a very small sample size here to measure Doc's so called "horrible" system.  Against years and years of brilliant coaching, your argument won't stand.

Brilliant? The guy must have 5 or 6 championship rings.

Ever read this from a few years back? Still hold true IMO.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060112
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #254 on: April 10, 2013, 11:21:56 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

This game means nothing.

*annoyed*

Brilliant? The guy must have 5 or 6 championship rings.

Ever read this from a few years back? Still hold true IMO.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060112

I enjoyed reading that article very much.

Our team has the exact same problems as the 05-06 team, I suppose! (Except the TOs) very interesting.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"