Author Topic: Where does your username originate from?  (Read 27567 times)

Re: Where does your username originate from?
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2013, 09:24:26 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
When I would talk trash while playing sports or video games as a youngin I would ask my friend "What time is it?" then say it's Evantime after beating them.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2013, 10:10:14 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
When I first got on here a bazillion years ago this was the first and only blog I was involved in.  To date I really only have ever done this and Facebook.  Sooooo...when it came time to choose a name I was thinking first and foremost something anonymous, but also wanted something that might enhance my anonymity by giving people a false impression of me.  I had no clue I would end up becoming so completely absorbed by this community for several years. 

It was still pretty soon after the death of Red Auerbach , so I went with a timely, irreverent, and fairly tasteless punning of one of my favorite lines from Pulp Fiction.  And thus the line "Zed's dead baby.  Zed's dead" became my CB handle "redzdeadbabyredzdead".

A couple of years later I was asked to be a Mod and we thought it best that I shorten it to Redz.  So we did.

It's no tribute to Delonte, or even Red himself really.  I do have a red headed daughter and I am the grandson of a guy whose friends called him "Red", but I do it have red hair myself. 

...and that's my long winded story
Yup

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2013, 10:55:38 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Back in highschool, had some friends that loved the rapper Timdog, my name is Tim, so they would always call me Timdawgg emphasizing the awwwwwggggg part.....LOL
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2013, 12:54:40 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Mine is one of the more obvious ones.

NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2013, 01:04:34 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
APC, very boring, my initials plus C.
I didn't give it too much consideration at the time, I tought this blog thing will not last too long.
 :P

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2013, 01:07:27 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I gained the nickname 'IndeedProceed' when I beat Sam 'Kansas City Blue' Sparks in a high-stakes game of Texas hold 'em on a riverboat in Branson Missouri. Sam looked up at me after I went all-in in an attempt to prolong the game, my life's savings and ranch-style house in Sarasota Florida all sitting in the center of the table, while my brow glistened with sweat and terror, and he said, "Well indeed proceed then!"

We ended up being great friends. We still Skype to this day.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2013, 01:57:38 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
APC, very boring, my initials plus C.
I didn't give it too much consideration at the time, I tought this blog thing will not last too long.
 :P

Haha! Well done.

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2013, 11:34:15 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I gained the nickname 'IndeedProceed' when I beat Sam 'Kansas City Blue' Sparks in a high-stakes game of Texas hold 'em on a riverboat in Branson Missouri. Sam looked up at me after I went all-in in an attempt to prolong the game, my life's savings and ranch-style house in Sarasota Florida all sitting in the center of the table, while my brow glistened with sweat and terror, and he said, "Well indeed proceed then!"

I'm your huckleberry
Yup

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2013, 12:10:47 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
My username is pretty self explanatory. I had some horrible username that I don't even remember on the original CB forums. At some point Jeff changed the forums and everyone had to re-register. I believe Red had just passed, so I went with RIPRED.

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2013, 12:13:24 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2013, 12:20:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

That's cold, K-Cat. That's cold as ice.

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2013, 12:25:18 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQgpzUFVXqU

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2013, 12:25:57 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2013, 12:38:26 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I am a neurotic guy.

you misspelled "neurotic"

You are scaring me as I've been spelling it this way for nearly 50 years.

However, you might want to keep checking the spelling just to be sure.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2013, 06:55:34 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I am a neurotic guy.

you misspelled "neurotic"

You are scaring me as I've been spelling it this way for nearly 50 years.

However, you might want to keep checking the spelling just to be sure.

You are playing with my neuroses now. ;)

Anyway, indeed I've checked every reasonable resource and have found none that spell neurotic different than I have.  Ahhh, I think I can rest.