Author Topic: Dating question.  (Read 13663 times)

Re: Dating question.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 10:45:01 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Figured that I should give an update after all the advice that was given yesterday.

I gave her a call around 5 pm.  However, I reached voicemail..I left a msg stating that I had a very nice time & that I wanted to take her out again over the weekend.  So far, no response & it is currently 10:38 EST.  As some of you said, ad lib, "whatever will be, will be...don't go nuts and text or call 3,4,5 times" And I agree with it.  I put the ball in her court & that's where it is at the current moment.  Hopefully, I get it passed back tomorrow.

Just don't do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZChD_Gni8U
Yup

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 08:58:13 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Figured that I should give an update after all the advice that was given yesterday.

I gave her a call around 5 pm.  However, I reached voicemail..I left a msg stating that I had a very nice time & that I wanted to take her out again over the weekend.  So far, no response & it is currently 10:38 EST.  As some of you said, ad lib, "whatever will be, will be...don't go nuts and text or call 3,4,5 times" And I agree with it.  I put the ball in her court & that's where it is at the current moment.  Hopefully, I get it passed back tomorrow

Perfect.  I was actually talking to a girlfriend of mine the other day, and she was in this same situation.  The girl got really busy and forgot to call.  The guy ended up texting and leaving another message.  She said she would have actually called him back, but now she has no plans to.

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 09:43:43 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Hmm... PaulPierce34G, how about a little background on how you met her? Also, how well did you know her before you went out on the first date?

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 10:16:24 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I gave her a call around 5 pm.  However, I reached voicemail..I left a msg stating that I had a very nice time & that I wanted to take her out again over the weekend.  So far, no response & it is currently 10:38 EST.  As some of you said, ad lib, "whatever will be, will be...don't go nuts and text or call 3,4,5 times" And I agree with it.  I put the ball in her court & that's where it is at the current moment.  Hopefully, I get it passed back tomorrow

Perfect.  I was actually talking to a girlfriend of mine the other day, and she was in this same situation.  The girl got really busy and forgot to call.  The guy ended up texting and leaving another message.  She said she would have actually called him back, but now she has no plans to.

Yup, I have heard the same story several times as well.  There is nothing that turns girls off more (OK, that may be an overstatement, but its close) than a clingy guy.  I know its painful, but you have to wait it out.

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 10:23:46 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Leave her this message  :P  ;D

60% of the time it works every time. LOL 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEtx2YTcD94

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 10:24:51 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'

I gave her a call around 5 pm.  However, I reached voicemail..I left a msg stating that I had a very nice time & that I wanted to take her out again over the weekend.  So far, no response & it is currently 10:38 EST.  As some of you said, ad lib, "whatever will be, will be...don't go nuts and text or call 3,4,5 times" And I agree with it.  I put the ball in her court & that's where it is at the current moment.  Hopefully, I get it passed back tomorrow.

Wait, what happened?  You called her on Wed?  Those were NOT her instructions buddy...

Listen, cats don't eat mice because mice taste good, they eat mice because mice are fast.  You want her to get the impression you're interested, but not over-anxious (like say, the kind of guy who would seek advice on a Celtics forum).  No chase = no dice brother  ;D

I think your only hope now is the D.E.N.N.I.S. system  8)

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 10:27:28 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
And if she has something to say about that message say  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVTN5o9Kgu8

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 10:34:49 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Hmmm, I just realized that this weekend is Valentines Day.  Man, you have BAD timing for a second date.

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 05:06:36 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
Ok, well she got back to me this morning.  She texted me and apologized for not getting back sooner, which is cool.  We have a 2nd date for next Wednesday...pretty pumped.  She originally wanted to do this Sunday, but said she usually goes and spends time with her younger sister on Sundays. 

I met her at a party about a week ago.  I am very good friends, about 8 years now, with her older sister. I was hanging with the sister & her boyfriend.  The sister said she wanted me to meet "Jane" (we'll just call her that).  So Jane shows up, we're all hanging in a group, and then the party is starting to come to a close.  My friend and her boyfriend decide to goto a bar in the downtown area, with Jane tagging along, & said I should go.  So I meet them there.  We all hanging, playing music on the jukebox, drinking a few beers, you know how it is. I'm making conversation throughout the remainder of the evening with Jane, just asking her about her life post college, what she majored in, all that stuff. We all leave the bar around 2 am & hit up a place for some food. So then after that, we decide to call it a night.  I'm in my friend's car with her bf & Jane, so they need to drop Jane off home & then take me to my car.  As we take Jane home, I just bit the bullet and jumped out the car & asked her if she wanted to go out on a date.  So that's where & how it began.  You all know how the date went.  Called her yesterday...no response...but got it this morning & we are good to go for Wednesday night.  Now, her sister suggested taking her to cheesecake factory (her favorite place) and then out to play pool.  Anyone agree with that for date #2? Or any other suggestions?
Thanks, fellas

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2010, 05:26:34 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Just don't do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZChD_Gni8U

I was actually thinking of that very scene as I was typing "don't call twice in a row."

That scene is awesome, and a perfect example of what not to do!

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2010, 05:27:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Ok, well she got back to me this morning.  She texted me and apologized for not getting back sooner, which is cool.  We have a 2nd date for next Wednesday...pretty pumped.  She originally wanted to do this Sunday, but said she usually goes and spends time with her younger sister on Sundays. 

I met her at a party about a week ago.  I am very good friends, about 8 years now, with her older sister. I was hanging with the sister & her boyfriend.  The sister said she wanted me to meet "Jane" (we'll just call her that).  So Jane shows up, we're all hanging in a group, and then the party is starting to come to a close.  My friend and her boyfriend decide to goto a bar in the downtown area, with Jane tagging along, & said I should go.  So I meet them there.  We all hanging, playing music on the jukebox, drinking a few beers, you know how it is. I'm making conversation throughout the remainder of the evening with Jane, just asking her about her life post college, what she majored in, all that stuff. We all leave the bar around 2 am & hit up a place for some food. So then after that, we decide to call it a night.  I'm in my friend's car with her bf & Jane, so they need to drop Jane off home & then take me to my car.  As we take Jane home, I just bit the bullet and jumped out the car & asked her if she wanted to go out on a date.  So that's where & how it began.  You all know how the date went.  Called her yesterday...no response...but got it this morning & we are good to go for Wednesday night.  Now, her sister suggested taking her to cheesecake factory (her favorite place) and then out to play pool.  Anyone agree with that for date #2? Or any other suggestions?
Thanks, fellas

Good to hear that she got back to you.  That should provide you with some relief.

If the sister is suggesting Cheesecake Factory then I'd probably go along with her advice.  You have to think that she's gonna be looking out for her sis and odds are that they've talked about you.  Pool sounds like a pretty solid complement to dinner.  You might want to run with that.  

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2010, 06:11:30 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79

Thanks, fellas

Good to hear that she got back to you.  That should provide you with some relief.

If the sister is suggesting Cheesecake Factory then I'd probably go along with her advice.  You have to think that she's gonna be looking out for her sis and odds are that they've talked about you.  Pool sounds like a pretty solid complement to dinner.  You might want to run with that.  

Cheesecake factory is too cliche, every guy takes her to the Cheesecake factory.  Find some random resteraunt with good reviews, a place she's never been to before so she can associate that place with you, and you only. 

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2010, 06:18:08 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Thanks, fellas

Cheesecake factory is too cliche, every guy takes her to the Cheesecake factory.  Find some random resteraunt with good reviews, a place she's never been to before so she can associate that place with you, and you only. 

Agree, it is a bit cliche.  I'm just saying that if this girl's sister is throwing out the info that its this girl's favorite restaurant, you have a pretty good idea about what could work in your favor.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2010, 06:27:14 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Now, her sister suggested taking her to cheesecake factory (her favorite place) and then out to play pool.  Anyone agree with that for date #2? Or any other suggestions?
Thanks, fellas

Even though her sister recommended you take her to a specific place, I say you do what you want. It's your date, so you decide. Ask "Jane" what she might like to do. Or you could even just surprise her and take her somewhere. She might get a kick out of that  :)

Some other advice: I once dated a girl and her best friend was a friend of mine. It just got complicated taking recommendations from one, and then doing the same from the other, and then having to deal with "well she said this," yadda yadda yadda. It doesn't sound that bad, but if you let the sister get too involved it could ruin it for you.

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2010, 07:02:23 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Dinner,  then pool sounds good.  Have fun.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!