Author Topic: celticsblog shirts  (Read 11069 times)

Re: celticsblog shirts
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 09:42:18 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Celticsblog has come a long way since the beginning so kudos to Jeff, Bob and crew.  Here is an idea to raise some cash:

- A donate a dollar button.  It is much easier to donate a dollar at a time than to buy a tshirt. You might even track it like tommy points.  Some may not want their donations tracked, but given some people's competitive nature on this board it could be a good thing.

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 09:49:27 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I don't know what your profit per $22 shirt sold is but if you could afford to lower the price, maybe $15, I'd bet your overall profits would be 25x what they are now. Especially if the Celtics win the title.
I don't think you understand, Chief. Those $22 t-shirts cost us way more than the $15 you are suggesting we sell them for.

Wow, if there is no profit on $15, I'm going to assume those shirts cost $18-$19 to make a profit margin. Now I know nothing about making and selling t-shirts, but I have bought quite a few on-line. As a consumer, I usually won't buy a shirt if the price tag is over $20. Especially the way the economy is right now. Now having said that, I will buy a Celticsblog t-shirt sometime this summer. Also, I'd be more than welcome to donate a few dollars yearly, in a PBS sort of way, to keep one of my favorite websites operational.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 09:57:32 AM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Im sorry the profits haven't been better, i've been on this site now for almost a year and just yesterday was the first time i even knew there was a shop on the site, but who knows you can just pretend like its just coming out all over again, make a big deal about it and trick the people like me who are oblivious to  most things in general

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 10:04:16 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I've been thinking about buying a Celticsblog shirt for a while (I've also been thinking about buying a Caped Cod shirt if you're listening Redz, and a Bassthumper CD too ;)), and I don't know if this has anything to do with Celticsblog, or this is all on CafePress, but I think it's not the most convienant system to navigate through.  The first time I ever tried to look to see what the shop had, I thought you guys didn't have much, it was only when I went back and looked again I realized there was really alot, it just took several clicks to get to.

For instance, I click on the Celticsblog Shop, and 3 options pop up: apparel, home and gifts, and fun stuff.  So I click on apparel, and then 5 more options pop up, of which I choose Men's Apparel.  So I would think this would bring me straight to the t-shirts, after all the picture of apparel was of t-shirts, and the picture of men's apparel was of a t-shirt too, so naturally I'd think I'm at the t-shirt section.  Now 3 pictures pop up and I think this is all they have, only 3 shirts!? I don't like any of these options.  But wait, that was not pictures of the shirts I could buy, but 3 more option menus: t-shirts, golf shirts, and sweatshirts.  So I click on the t-shirt button, and finally I must be at the t-shirt section, because I have now clicked a picture of a t-shirt 3 times, and again I see 5 pictures, none of which is something I really want to buy, but wait I'm still not at the t-shirt section, I'm at yet another option menu: short sleeve, long sleeve, ringer, baseball jersey, sleeveless.  So I click short sleeve, and so now I must finally at the t-shirt section right? Wrong!  I have to choose from 6 more options: value tees, white tees, light tees, fitted tees, organic tees, dark tees.  Do white, light, and dark all really need their own category, couldn't we merge that all into one and just let you pick your own color.  White is the only color option there, but Light has 3 color options, and Dark has 8, you're telling me that can't be combined and you just pick from one of 12 colors?  So I click on dark tees, and wow you guys have more options that I thought, about 12-18 shirt choices depeneding on which options you have actually navigated through.  Maybe I'm just an idiot (well no maybe about it), but I think the whole clicking through all those option menus was a little excessive.  Maybe all the other alternatives are actually worse, I don't know, but I do know the first time I ever tried to navigate through, I kept thinking I was looking at what I could buy and thought that there weren't all that many choices, when  in actuality I wasn't even looking at the items to purchase yet.  It is all written there in black and white, but I think most people don't take the time to read all the words, they just click on the picture and think that's what they're buying, so maybe some people don't realize all the wonderful buying options there are.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 10:10:47 AM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
i do like the current logo, but i feel like if you spice it up a bit you might be able to get better variety of shirts, now i understand you can't use any NBA player namer, or number but i was thinking that if you took the jersey of scalibrine no one but celtics fans would kno he played in NBA anyway but i don't know its only an idea.

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 10:28:01 AM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • El Webmaster Romántico
blake and Chief -- CafePress costs are high, but then again, they do everything for us. All I had to do was build the product designs and store, and then do the product pricing and descriptions. That's pretty much it. They do EVERYTHING else -- including production, warehousing, order processing, sales tracking, distribution, etc. -- and provide excellent service and a 100% money-back guarantee to all customers.

As Jeff has said many times before...we don't take donations and we aren't going to beg. I totally agree with his position. For one thing, as a business consultant, I don't even support the donations model for non and not-for-profits that I counsel with. I believe it to be a fundamentally flawed approach for getting the money an enterprise needs to pay its bills and build for the future. Of course, that's just my opinion on it.

beantownboy171 -- We have not done a very good job of marketing the store. Actually, that's a huge understatement. We also haven't had time to introduce any new designs or products since we launched the store in April. I would want everyone to understand that our first objective was to provide a wide range of basic, CelticsBlog-branded merchandise. Fancier-stuff to come later.

bdm860 -- Yes, the store navigation is somewhat limited, but unfortunately right now, collapsible side menus that would show sub-levels don't work through the CafePress setup. At some point I intend to create a work around for those.
Yo no soy para el delicado!

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 11:11:40 AM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
What about a raffle? I don't know what connection this blog has to the Celtics personnel, but I'm sure an autographed something or a nice framed portrait of Garnett dunking over X would bring interest. The only other blog I read (officetally.com - can I plug this?) has given away some free stuff it obtained from the cast and crew of The Office. Would raffling off items bring in some $$$ (aren't we a non-profit so this is legit?)?   

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 11:40:36 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
What about a raffle? I don't know what connection this blog has to the Celtics personnel, but I'm sure an autographed something or a nice framed portrait of Garnett dunking over X would bring interest. The only other blog I read (officetally.com - can I plug this?) has given away some free stuff it obtained from the cast and crew of The Office. Would raffling off items bring in some $$$ (aren't we a non-profit so this is legit?)?   

We're thinking of instituting a "win a date with Roy Hobbs" contest for our female members in the off-season.  It's expected to be a big money maker.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 11:42:49 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

We're thinking of instituting a "win a date with Roy Hobbs" contest for our female members in the off-season.  It's expected to be a big money maker.

I think you are cutting yourself short with the potential bidders.  I am sure there a more then a few male members that will make a bid for a chance of free diner and a night of Celtics talk. 

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 11:55:45 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

I think you are cutting yourself short with the potential bidders.  I am sure there a more then a few male members that will make a bid for a chance of free diner and a night of Celtics talk. 

I ;D  meanwhile Roy   :-[

jijijijijiji
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 12:05:29 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Folks camping out waiting for the Win A Date with Roy raffle tickets to go on sale:

A Roy Hobbs sequel coming soon?

Yup

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 11:56:34 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Not to be negative, but while CafePress is a great way to sell things, and has very little overhead costs as far as design and production go, it's a company that I've been burned by before.  The prices are too high for what is an entirely average product.  I like all the designs, but I can't shell out that much for a t-shirt.

I'd be pretty responsive to a tip jar button on the front page though.  I'm pretty grateful for the service you all provide and I'd be happy to chip in some funds.

Also...as far as the Win a date with Roy contest...I'm sure all 12 of our female members would go nuts for it.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2008, 08:27:14 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

these teanie boppers know the next big thing is roy hobbs!

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I don't know what your profit per $22 shirt sold is but if you could afford to lower the price, maybe $15, I'd bet your overall profits would be 25x what they are now. Especially if the Celtics win the title.
I don't think you understand, Chief. Those $22 t-shirts cost us way more than the $15 you are suggesting we sell them for.

Is it possible to make the shirts somewhere like Lithuania instead of America?