Author Topic: Summer Movie Watch: "Post TDK"  (Read 1861 times)

Summer Movie Watch: "Post TDK"
« on: July 29, 2008, 01:19:59 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
My top 5 Summer Movies yet to be released.....

Tie 1.

Death Race (Aug. 22nd) - Jason Statham + Futuristic Nascar = Win!

and

Pineapple Express (Aug. 6th) - "Seth Rogen and James Franco are stoners who go on the run after witnessing a murder by a crooked cop and a dangerous drug lord."

My take: both films are going to be really enjoyable for what they are...I feel that summer is going to end on a fine note after TDK climax.

2. Tropic Thunder (Aug. 13th) - "Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey Jr. are Hollywood actors on the set of a war movie where everything goes wrong."

My take: could be the funniest movie of the year....(and quite possibly Robert Downey Jr's best movie of the year, shocking!)

3. Henry Poole is Here (Aug. 15th) - "The discovery of a neighborhood "miracle" disrupts a dying man's (Luke Wilson) plan to live out his days in seclusion and quiet desperation."

My take: sleeper film of the summer that maybe no one will watch.....

4. Traitor (Aug. 27th) - "When straight arrow FBI agent Roy Clayton (Guy Pearce) heads up the investigation into a dangerous international conspiracy, all clues seem to lead back to former U.S. Special Operations officer, Samir Horn (Don Cheadle)."

My take: Don Cheadle and Guy Pearce? Need I say more?

5. College (Aug. 29th) - Kid gets dumped by girlfriend, his friends convince him to go to freshman orientation at some college.....Staring: a bunch of people I never heard of.

My take: could suck balls....could be loads of fun....(did I just say loads?)

Honorable mention: The Wackness (July 3rd Limited) - "It's the summer of 1994, and the streets of New York are pulsing with hip-hop. Set against this backdrop, Luke Shapiro (Josh Peck) spends his last summer before college selling dope throughout New York City, trading it with his shrink (Ben Kingsley) for therapy, while crushing on his step-daughter (Olivia Thirlby)."

My take: OK, so it was released pre-TDK, but it wasn't a "wide release"...still heard really good things about this film, especially Ben Kingsley's performance.