Author Topic: Bill Simmons says Rozier has been unhappy w/ his PT all season  (Read 2631 times)

Bill Simmons says Rozier has been unhappy w/ his PT all season
« on: November 07, 2018, 11:48:33 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Unexpected early-season Celts subplot: Terry Rozier (restricted FA next summer) has been unhappy w/ his PT all season, word has gotten around the league, and everyone now knows the Celtics need to trade him... which, of course, makes it harder to trade him.

https://twitter.com/billsimmons/status/1060210961854779392?s=21

Re: Bill Simmons says Rozier has been unhappy w/ his PT all season
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 11:51:29 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
If he's being a problem, then he should sit until he buys in. Doubt that will happen though.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 11:56:53 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
So he should be. Rozier is too good to be a 20mpg backup.

He deserves more (playing time). He'll just have to go elsewhere to get it.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 12:00:30 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
At least he is not going all Butler on us.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 12:05:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2920
Pretty much confirms what most of us here have observed with him really pressing and forcing things in his short minutes.

Phoenix would be an interesting trade partner.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 12:06:27 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Saying Rozier is going to get 16-20 mill a season. I have no doubt that Boston will move him. They cannot pay that to him.

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 12:17:17 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
So he should be. Rozier is too good to be a 20mpg backup.

He deserves more (playing time). He'll just have to go elsewhere to get it.

Agreed. TPs to who and tar.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 12:18:05 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
Saying Rozier is going to get 16-20 mill a season. I have no doubt that Boston will move him. They cannot pay that to him.
If he is staying here for this season and continue with his current play, he will not get that much.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 12:20:59 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
Looking forward to see Wanamaker!

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 12:25:58 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If he is staying here for this season and continue with his current play, he will not get that much.
agreed.  his current PT and performance will not earn him that much of a contract. 

would prefer to have him buy into the current team and play for a title (he does provide a really good piece off the bench when he's not playing selfishly) but if the need arises where Danny has to move him, I can only hope Danny is able to land a solid back up PG in that deal plus an extra piece.  I do not want to rely on Kyrie and Smart's health/availability all season and I definitely do not want to rely on Wanamaker for any major contributions.

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

And I'm sure he knows that.

We have all signalled it. Sometimes what looks great on paper doesn't work in reality. I can hardly hold this attitude against him. He hasn't made a fortune yet and potentially losing tens of millions of dollars, because of lack of playing time is a huge sacrifice. This is completely different from a veteran who takes a paycut or is willing to sacrifice his role for the team.

Hopefully Ainge can get a good deal out of this that works for everyone.

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 12:33:17 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
His frustrations are understandable considering that he was very successful in a starting role after Kyrie was shut down.  I doubt that he is upset with coaches or teammates.  It boils down to internal pressure to perform on a nightly basis in a contract year. 

My gut tells me that the market for Terry should be strong if he plays within his role and makes winnings contributions in the playoffs.  Let's assume that he gets dealt before the deadline.  How much additional money does Terry earn himself as a high volume scorer on a mediocre team?  Aren't we reaching a point where efficiency and advanced metrics outweigh raw stats?

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 12:34:51 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I wonder how Rozier felt about the Smart extension. Does he feel like Danny chose Marcus over him, especially with the news that Kyrie wants to resign long-term? Last season, Smart was obviously trying to prove himself to be worthy of an extension, but he still played witin the team concept and always put the team first. I don't get that same impression from Terry so far. Rozier seems like he's trying to prove that he is worth the money for his next team.

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 12:35:27 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
I'd like Rozier to succeed even if it's not with us and think Phoenix would be a good fit for him (dunno what we'd get back but).

It's worth noting that Simmons said this out of sync with the rest of the show. The podcast has three guests. He very briefly mentioned we have too much talent to the first guest. Then had his next guest. No mention. Then, before the third guest, he says he'd be surprised if Rozier was with the team in 10 days to no one. I've listened since 2010. It's the only time I can think of where he just slipped something in like this between guests. So he didn't hi-jack the first topic with the Terry info but felt it important enough to state what he could've just tweeted.
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 12:42:15 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
He shouldn't be complaining when shooting just 35% from the field and averaging just 2.1 assists in 23 minutes per game.