Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?  (Read 251714 times)

2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?
« on: August 24, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The purpose here is to show your team and get feedback while also starting to describe how your idea of the way that your team will work, regarding rotations, minutes, sub packages, etc. etc. For reference here is a link to the Roster Post in the main CB Draft Thread:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=67286.msg1537683#msg1537683

A couple of quick rules and guidelines:

1. The rules of the draft and the blog are still in place. Be respectful and give opinions in a manner that isn't insulting or demeaning and also take the critiques of your team like a grown mature adult. Its constructive criticism, take it as such and don't take it personal. Also don't make it personal.

2. Post your team's roster and depth chart here and explain how it will work. This should help you considerably when it comes time for preparing the pressers after Labor Day.

3. If you want feedback on your team and get feedback on your team, be good enough to do the same for others. One back scratches the other, or so they say.

And that's it. Have fun.

Re: 2013 CB Draft: How's my CB Draft Team look?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 03:40:04 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
I guess I'll start:

Jrue Holiday
Danny Green
Shawn Marion
David Lee
Tyson Chandler

Sixth Man: J.R. Smith

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 03:44:24 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I guess I'll start:

Jrue Holiday
Danny Green
Shawn Marion
David Lee
Tyson Chandler

This to me seems like a team missing a star and instead is surrounding David Lee. Chandler can be a difference maker on a title team but without great offensive weapons around him he's not as effective. Green is a great 5th man on a contender. Marion provides veteran savvy and flashes of his old self that would help a contender. Jrue is a going to be a very good PG, but he doesn't put a team over the top. Lee is an all star and you could even convince me that he's a 2nd banana on a contender but I don't buy him as a team's best player.

This team reminds me a lot of the 2010 Mavs but swapping Dirk for David Lee.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 03:48:18 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
THE HEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Gordon Hayward
SF: Chandler Parsons
PF: Josh Smith
C: Chris Bosh
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:54:38 PM by KCattheStripe »

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 03:58:05 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

PG: Steve Nasg
SG: Gordon hayward

I really like the fit of your starting 5. Despite a down year, Nash is still one of the better point guards in the league and would strive with this roster. You won't have any troubles scoring and shooting, that's for sure. I can see Bosh going back to his 20-10 days now that he is a first option and Nash would make it easier for him and Smith to find easy shots. Your wings in Hayward and Parsons will do what you need them to do, defend and shoot. Each player compliments each other very well. Good job!
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 04:00:55 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

The floor spacing on this team is tremendous. This team looks like it can run and I can see Nash putting up some nice numbers. My only issue with this team is on the defensive end as Nash is a liability and I'd assume Hayward and Parsons are probably average. I like this team a lot and can see it beating alot of small ball teams, but think it will struggle against teams that don't go small.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:07:16 PM by ronaldo943 »

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 04:08:51 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

I really like the fit of your starting 5. Despite a down year, Nash is still one of the better point guards in the league and would strive with this roster. You won't have any troubles scoring and shooting, that's for sure. I can see Bosh going back to his 20-10 days now that he is a first option and Nash would make it easier for him and Smith to find easy shots. Your wings in Hayward and Parsons will do what you need them to do, defend and shoot. Each player compliments each other very well. Good job!

Thanks Big Al! FWIW, I think you're one move away from being my favorite to win the West.

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 04:11:12 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I guess I'll start:

Jrue Holiday
Danny Green
Shawn Marion
David Lee
Tyson Chandler

Not to piggy back off of what KC said, but I think this team lacks a star. I love where you get Chandler and thought it was great value as he is still one of the premier defensive anchors in the game.

I know you love your Marion/Green combo from DKC and it works well. However, I feel they may be asked to do a bit much in this offense.

Holiday is a very good PG but I'm not sure he can be "the man". Same for Lee.

All in all, lots of good hard workers and high IQ but when this team really needs a bucket, who is going to take it?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 04:18:33 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Okay, I've been hesitant to ask people what they think of my team all draft because I wanted to finish my roster before I do that. But I changed my mind.

PG: Goran Dragic
SG: James Harden
SF: Nic Batum
PF: Al Jefferson
 C: Marcin Gortat
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2013, 04:19:13 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
I guess I'll start:

Jrue Holiday
Danny Green
Shawn Marion
David Lee
Tyson Chandler

Not to piggy back off of what KC said, but I think this team lacks a star. I love where you get Chandler and thought it was great value as he is still one of the premier defensive anchors in the game.

I know you love your Marion/Green combo from DKC and it works well. However, I feel they may be asked to do a bit much in this offense.

Holiday is a very good PG but I'm not sure he can be "the man". Same for Lee.

All in all, lots of good hard workers and high IQ but when this team really needs a bucket, who is going to take it?

Now I don't have a superstar, but I have a bunch of nice players as for scoring I have 3 guys in the top 25:
David Lee #15 (18.5)
J.R. Smith #17 (18.1)
Jrue Holiday #22 (17.7)

As for a closer I'm still trying to get one, but I don't see scoring as a problem.

(Actually I don't know if you want people to talk about your team so I'll wait to see if you put up your roster.

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2013, 04:21:45 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Gordon Hayward

This is a very deadly offensive team. A ton of room for Nash to work around with all players able to hit mid range to long bombs.

My only concern is size in the interior. While Smoove is a good shot blocker and Bosh is long and has shown to be a terrific defender, they may not be physical enough to battle the burly bigs grinding guys the other teams have and that might take a toll on the team all together, whether it is fatigue or foul trouble.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2013, 04:25:13 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I guess I'll start:

Jrue Holiday
Danny Green
Shawn Marion
David Lee
Tyson Chandler

This is a well built team. I still think you're better of with LMA to keep the opponent defense on their toes because they have to double team him. Holiday and Lee, while good offensive players doesn't command that much attention.

This team will rebound with Chandler and Lee, it'll be hard to outrebound this team.

But overall, it's a very good built team.

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 04:26:34 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Okay, I've been hesitant to ask people what they think of my team all draft because I wanted to finish my roster before I do that. But I changed my mind.

PG: Goran Dragic
SG: James Harden
SF: Nic Batum
PF: Al Jefferson
 C: Marcin Gortat

I love your wings, like Dragic, and like Big Al and Gortat, but hate them together.

As a cohesive team, I worry about the defense.  I'm not sure that Dragic or Harden play enough defense to stop penetration, and Big Al is going to get killed playing defense at power forward.  Because of that, your team is going to struggle to win games.

I'd move one of Big Al or Gortat, and find a better complement for the other.  You really need a more mobile PF defender.  I think that would really help bring your entire team together well.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 04:27:35 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Placeholder for when LA is ready to hear about themselves ;)
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 04:28:01 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Me, me... How about mine...  ;D

Nuggets

Damian Lillard
TBD
Wilson Chandler
Greg Monroe 
Andrew Bogut

Bench: Anderson Varejao, Kyle Lowry

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 04:36:33 PM by Yoki_IsTheName »