Author Topic: This player puts Cs over the top  (Read 2680 times)

This player puts Cs over the top
« on: November 15, 2023, 08:09:09 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If this player agreed to a bench role to win a chip, you have to seriously consider this.  If he could look Brad and Joe in the eye and say I'm comfortable with being the 7th man or even 8th here to win a championship. 

It would be amazing for this players career. A former nine time All Star, All Star Mvp, and A Leave MVP,

Russell Westbrook.  Available for 3.8 million dollars,  a couple of scrubs and Draft picks, Hopefully 2nd rounders.

Russ, I have disliked for years but also he's a H.O.F. potential player that could ice his career with the Celtics In a reserve role,

Credits to Celtics fan that brought this up in the other thread.  I think it's a good idea and Brad might wanna gamble here. He'd be easy enough to release if he goes nuclear here, I think he could excel with the Celtics if he can handle the role.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 08:23:31 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: This player puts Cs over the top
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 08:27:19 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
Pass. Can’t shoot and his decision making is suspect. Can’t play off ball at all, either. I don’t think he’d be a good fit.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 08:31:43 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Just like all the other teams he's put over the top!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 08:50:26 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

On this particular team. Understanding he's the 3rd point guard. Here to complete with Hauser and Prichard.  You don't think he could help a team with one of the weakest benches I'm the leauge.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 09:14:35 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yup.

Chalk me in for "hell no"

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 09:15:26 AM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Wrong type of player.  He is a diva.  I HIGHLY doubt he would or could play the good soldier.  This team needs PP to start hitting 40% of his threes(and big AL as well) as they have done for years, and a 3rd big.  We have PLENTY of alpha and Beta players on this team, and they will have at least 2 of the guys on the floor all the time unless a blowout.  They need the glue guys that can fill a role with effort and efficiency.  A big to do 2 of these 4 things above average: score, rebound, rim protection, closeouts/perimeter defense, or all 4 decently.  Basically suck up 10-25minutes(10 most days, up to 25 with blowouts and other big rest days without being a huge negative.  Break even.  Be solid, if unspectacular. 

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 09:28:30 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
If Marcus Smart drove us crazy with his erratic play,  i would imagine Westbrook would be on 10x crazier.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 09:30:48 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Team seems to have a really good chemistry & vibe right now.

Why the hell would you risk that & bring in Westbrook?

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 09:52:42 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Fairly low risk at under 4 million dollars and High reward in that we may need one more bench player capable of contributing every night.

I'm open to other players,  but he's available,  affordable,  and playable abg 14ppg 7rpg 6apg.if he comes here and gives us 70% of those numbers and plays defense which he does, he could be the final piece.

.Curusso is very complicated to get with Pruchards poison pill contract in play.

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2023, 09:53:37 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

To try and win more basketball games, we presume. I think the question is, or should be, is a third guard our most pressing position of need? Probably not.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 09:59:24 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
There are plenty of bench players that aren't a guyvlike Russ.  He just isn't a good fit here. He was actually a pretty good fit in LA until they brought in Harden.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2023, 10:01:54 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

To try and win more basketball games, we presume. I think the question is, or should be, is a third guard our most pressing position of need? Probably not.

Definitely not.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023, 10:08:17 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Definitely not.

I don't mind adding a third guard.  I just don't trust Westbrook even a small bit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2023, 02:34:21 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
I have a question for everybody saying, they wouldn't want Westbrook.  Why? 

He hasn't caused any issues since going to the Clippers.  He's accepted a smaller role and is playing within what the Clippers are asking him to do.  He took less money to stay with a team he thought could win.  Also he's a player that plays with heart and will give a team everything he has.  Right now I'm watching a bench unit besides Horford and maybe Hauser who doesn't have that kind of heart.  Pritchard is looking like he's forgotten how to play basketball.  If you have a chance to get a former all-star and someone still putting up his stats for penny on the dollar, why wouldn't you take a chance.  If he doesn't work after the season you get rid of him. 

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2023, 02:40:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Definitely not.

I don't mind adding a third guard.  I just don't trust Westbrook even a small bit.

Me either , last thing we need is whining malcontent Diva in the locker room or bench  one who dorsn’t follow plays or listen to coaches .