Author Topic: Logging off for good  (Read 42901 times)

Re: Logging off for good
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2010, 11:25:17 AM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
I used to be IndeedProceed .....then I had a sex change operation......I then started dating Doris Burke ...that hot ABC sideline reporter who likes to talk dirty NBA talk to me.........she especially likes to play the part of Bill Walton "just throw it down big man"

to show you how much I come into the forums I never knew nic was gone....but welcome back anyway....

« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2010, 11:35:21 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I don't think Nick (or anyone for that matter) should be disciplined or anything, but the interpretation and enforcement of the rules on this blog continues to be inconsistent at best.

What rule was enforced inconsistently, or was interpreted differently than its plain language?

Members can't have more than one active account.  That's been the case with literally every member that I can think of.  As nick admitted, when he began to use two accounts simultaneously, he was contacted by the staff and told that it was against blog rules.  The same thing happened with GuyIncognito (a funny joke), and every other member that we've noticed using multiple accounts.

I know certain members like to criticize the staff for just about everything, but these complaints seem ridiculous to me.  The staff enforced a rule, which precipitated this very thread, and yet certain members complain that the staff doesn't enforce its rules.  It's puzzling to me.

and I'll add that there was no harmful purpose on Nick or Guyincognito or whoever's part.  The rule is in place mainly so members are not being abusive, I don't see where there was any evidence of this.  Regardless, the accounts were closed and the members have been notified of their transgressions.

This is not really a big deal.
Yup

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2010, 11:41:30 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
And I missed the Dogs....

« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2010, 11:58:02 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Ahhh it all makes sense now. I remember liking what Nick wrote when I didnt post much here. Now I post alot and find myself having great conversatinos with PLamb. Welcome back Nick!

Also, this thread is so entertaining on many levels.

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2010, 12:03:41 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I used to be IndeedProceed .....then I had a sex change operation......I then started dating Doris Burke ...that hot ABC sideline reporter who likes to talk dirty NBA talk to me.........she especially likes to play the part of Bill Walton "just throw it down big man"

to show you how much I come into the forums I never knew nic was gone....but welcome back anyway....

Wow. Could you honestly be more insecure? She was mine first old man. You know that singing 'Billy the Bass'? I gave her that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WC6EbRQmJ0

You know that 1987 signed limited edition movie poster? I gave her that.

We're always going to have a history, me and Doris. Does she still call me late at night to listen to me sleep? Yes. Does she still sometimes send me inappropriote gifts at the office that make my co-workers uncomfortable? Yes. Do I still sometimes wear a trenchcoat and play songs on a boombox late at night outside her window? Not since the restraining order. Do I sometimes sit in my bathtub and cry while singing the song 'Somewhere Out There' from the american cinematic classic 'An American Tail'? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRjb8sMjYu8
No, I don't do that. Not as far as you know.

But you know what? If you ignore all that, I've moved on. I've gone to greener pastures. It's like the rapper Jay-Z said.

I got ninety-nine problems up the Burke ain't one.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2010, 12:11:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The staff did nothing wrong here, I did. I should never have gone back and used the nickagneta username, plain and simple. If any transgression happened on the part of the staff, it was that they didn't delete the nickagneta username  a long time ago, which would have made my breaking of the rule impossible.

Personally, maybe some were or someone was hoping I would return to that username and didn't want to delete it's history. I don't know, I'm guessing. But as I explained earlier, once I did break the rules, I was alerted by Roy that it had to stop and that I had to pick one and the other would be deleted.

I chose this one.

I chose to come forward and create this this in the name of honesty. My guess here is that if PLamb disappeared and nickagneta appeared simultaneously there would have been questions asked(actually from what I am told questions were already being asked) and if the truth came out, then some would have been critical of the mods saying that they were subversive and were hiding my rulebreaking ways because I belong to some clique of their's and that they did it because they didn't want to punish me.

There's no clique. Am on friendly terms with most of the mods? Sure, I have been here a long time but there's no clique. And if I am to be punished, I will be. I have been before(suspended), any good terms I have with the mods didn't stop them then and it won't stop them again.

If there is a group of people that would feel better if I get punish with a suspension or something, I will be glad to take it for breaking the rule of using the two usernames. I broke that rule and have already said I would take the appropriate punishment.

« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2010, 12:22:12 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
There are 36 guest viewing this topic...which is a discussion regarding a member of Celtics Blog not posting/still posting.

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2010, 12:30:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
There are 36 guest viewing this topic...which is a discussion regarding a member of Celtics Blog not posting/still posting.

Given the lack of afternoon soap operas on television anymore, this is filling a hole for some people that need that afternoon melodrama.

;D

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2010, 12:33:42 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I feel like I'm watching Shutter Island... ;)

thanks for the spoiler  ::)

Redz, thank *you* for the spoiler.  I wouldn't have even got it bc I was scanning through the topic quickly.  Now I got it. But at least you saved me $10.
 ;)

my bad, guys.  i figured that most who wanted to see this movie had by now (especially you guys up north, since the setting is of your locale).  but trust me...you're wise to save your money.  not impressed...  but my apologies nonetheless...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2010, 12:49:05 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
if nickagneta and PLamb get divorced are they still cousins?
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2010, 12:49:38 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2010, 12:59:08 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Given the lack of afternoon soap operas on television anymore, this is filling a hole for some people that need that afternoon melodrama.

;D
Good to have you back dog.  That Plamb was getting on my nerves.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2010, 01:08:29 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
I've been thinking about commenting on this thread all morning, but I just want to stand around the perimeter watching and waiting.

Do you think it has anything to do with my CB position changing to Rasheed Wallace today?
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2010, 01:11:34 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I've been thinking about commenting on this thread all morning, but I just want to stand around the perimeter watching and waiting.

Do you think it has anything to do with my CB position changing to Rasheed Wallace today?

Nice one.  How long have you been waiting to pull that one out?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2010, 01:14:21 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Nah...  if you were being Rasheed-like, you'd be putting up seven ill-advised posts for every three good ones.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions