Author Topic: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/17  (Read 104758 times)

Re: Heat (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Round 1 Game 1 4/17
« Reply #735 on: April 17, 2010, 11:40:26 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
glad to see that Sheed was nowhere to be found in the 4th qtr

Yep.

This is ridiculous--it was a big win, there's no need to scapegoat the guy for anything. Sheed actually played very well. Miami went small and BBD went off, that was the only reason.
Agreed -- Sheed wasn't a problem tonight.  He played with some effort.

Ray, Perk and 1st half BBD were the downsides of the game

that's my point. Sheed only played 14 min and BBD played 24. Sheed should have been benched along time ago, his minutes need to go elsewhere,  I think he should be playing even less, 10 min a game for that bum---BBD showed the guts & heart it takes to win along with TA, sheed cant be a problem if he plays limited minutes
Sheed played ok in his minutes.  I think BBD played better in the 2nd half and was the better choice in the 2nd half but I don't necessarily think that Sheed would have hurt this team had he played more.

lol, you've been watching this team all year??  sheed's been killing them since day 1. The more he plays the more liberties he takes-- the bad 3's while shooting 29%, his lazy D, even tonight, 1 reb in 14 min, he's 1 of the worst celtics ive seen ever-  i like DOc's rotation tonight for once as long as sheed is an afterthought
I watched him play crappy ball all year.  that's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about tonight.  Tonight, he played ok--he put some effort into his play tonight. 
I'm not saying he's going to put the team on his back and carry them through the playoffs nor am I excusing the garbage play from this season but, for this game, he didn't hurt them because he didn't take lousy shots and he moved his feet on defense.

stick to the topic under discussion before you get condescending in your tone

« Reply #736 on: April 18, 2010, 07:56:02 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Dwyane Wade's teammates combined to go 20-60 from the field and 6-7 from the free throw line for a measly total of 50 points.
  • Jermaine O'Neal was 3-14 for 8 points.
  • Udonis Haslem was 3-8 for 6 points.
  • Beasley was 3-8 for 6 points.
  • Wright was 1-7 for 2 points.
  • Chalmers was 2-7 for 7 points.
  • Arroyo was 3-5 for 6 points.
Quentin Richardson was the only role player who came to play. He finished with 15 points on 10 shot attempts. The only other Heat player to finish in double digits. The rest of the team had 35 points on 50 shots + 4 FTs. That is awful.

On the downside, Miami's offense will not struggle this badly throughout the series so Boston is going to have to play better themselves to keep on beating Miami.

« Reply #737 on: April 18, 2010, 12:23:57 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Best part about this game was the emergence of some championship level defense by the C's.  Mediocre teams can't handle that and that's what the Heat are.  

The big question now is whether the C's can play this level of D consistently through the playoffs.  If they can, then it's going to be interesting from here on out.

I think there is still work to be done in areas like boxing out, rebound positioning and to a lesser extent closing out on shooters. But the Celtics did a nice job defending the perimeter in the last 18 minutes of the game and wore down Miami a bit. In Game 2, a lot will depend if KG is suspended for Game 2. He did the right thing by protecting Pierce but unfortunately, no good deed goes unpunished. Quentin Richardson ought to be pummeled by our enforcer (I guess Perkins is the closest one to that but he has regressed). Perhaps Baby can knock him on his tail.

Rasheed Wallace seems clueless out there. His slow feet are just not helping matters in defense and rebounding. Perhaps Doc will get a revelation and use Marquis Daniels instead of the Sheed this series. That is one switch I would like to see flipped.
The beatings will continue until morale improves