Author Topic: Shams: Kyrie Traded to Mavs (Dinwiddie, DFS, #1)  (Read 27747 times)

Re: Shams: Kyrie Requests Trade
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2023, 11:06:47 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The Nets are proceeding in talks as though they’re determined to find a deal for Irving ahead of Thursday’s trade deadline, sources said.

Adrian Wojnarowski

That is interesting. Exciting too.

« Reply #196 on: February 05, 2023, 08:50:48 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I don't think the Nets are remotely interested in what the Lakers have to offer, and I think finding a trade with the Clippers where the salaries match and both parties end up happy is unlikely. The Mavericks, which make sense on paper, are probably too worried about Luka and Kyries personalities clashing to take a swing. Ultimately, I see KI landing in Miami or Phoenix.

« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2023, 10:59:31 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Woj says the Clippers have also emerged as a frontrunner for Kyrie.

Mavs, Lakers, Clippers and Suns seem to be the four teams in on him

Clippers to me are very interesting. If Kyrie buys in and PG13+Kawhi can reign him in, that is an amazing Big-3 to have with a decent amount of depth too. They do have a handful of moderate-sized contracts on their sheet, and can easily deal 1 or 2 of those guys to facilitate a trade

I think the Clippers make a ton of sense. They can package Powell and Covington. That's not a terrible return for Brooklyn, especially if they can wrangle a future draft pick - maybe they can convince LA to give up their 2027 1st rounder if its protected.

That's better than taking on the corpse of Russell Westbrook.

Yeah, the Clippers have several mid-range salaries.  Powell, Covington, Morris, Kennard, Jackson.

The question with the Clippers is if management can talk themselves into believing they can reign Kyrie in. Can Doc reach into his Rondo-whisperer days? Does he want to? It would almost certainly fall on Doc because neither Leonard or PG seem to have the personalities to deal with him.

Doc Rivers? He’s on the Sixers lol

Oh man. That just goes to show how much attention I pay to the rest of the league (hint: none at all).

Lol no worries, just teasing  :laugh:

Ty Lue though has experience coaching Kyrie obviously so that could potentially help. Feels like him and Lebron are the only guys who could get through to him really
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #198 on: February 05, 2023, 11:00:37 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
It’s always lots of drama when kyrie is in the news

Glade Boston has nothing to do with him , so we can laugh , relax and watch him destroy another team .  I’m pulling for Lakers to sign him

« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2023, 11:01:12 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Honestly, BKN should not want another headcase/diva like Westbrook back in a trade and they should just focus on getting back solid players and a handful of picks back in a trade. LAL can't really offer that.

Clippers can. Suns can. Heat probably could.

I agree with @perks-a-beast, I think he'll land with either of those 3 teams (LAC, PHO, MIA)

« Reply #200 on: February 05, 2023, 11:19:12 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

Clippers to me are very interesting. If Kyrie buys in and PG13+Kawhi can reign him in, that is an amazing Big-3 to have with a decent amount of depth too. They do have a handful of moderate-sized contracts on their sheet, and can easily deal 1 or 2 of those guys to facilitate a trade

I think the Clippers make a ton of sense. They can package Powell and Covington. That's not a terrible return for Brooklyn, especially if they can wrangle a future draft pick - maybe they can convince LA to give up their 2027 1st rounder if its protected.

If I were the Clippers I’d do it, I don’t think they are really a title contender right now, and adding Kyrie for only Powell and RoCo could get them into the mix. But if I’m BK I don’t know why those 2 guys would entitle me to trade Kyrie. You won’t get back any premium picks anytime soon, so why not just wait till KD gets back and see if you can play Kyrie and make it to the off-season?
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2023, 11:22:05 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

If I were the Clippers I’d do it, I don’t think they are really a title contender right now, and adding Kyrie for only Powell and RoCo could get them into the mix. But if I’m BK I don’t know why those 2 guys would entitle me to trade Kyrie. You won’t get back any premium picks anytime soon, so why not just wait till KD gets back and see if you can play Kyrie and make it to the off-season?

Kyrie is threatening to sit out the rest of the season if he’s not traded.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2023, 11:25:22 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Then the Nets should just not pay him for the rest of the season. He already sat out practically an entire season for not getting vaccinated.

« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2023, 11:28:10 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Then the Nets should just not pay him for the rest of the season. He already sat out practically an entire season for not getting vaccinated.

What good does that do the Nets franchise though? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #204 on: February 05, 2023, 11:33:05 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Kyrie traded to Clips for Reggie Jackson, Norm Powell and Zubac. Maybe a pick or two to the Nets. I think that makes both teams better. Makes the Clips very small but quick with a ton of offense. It rebalances the Net's roster.

« Reply #205 on: February 05, 2023, 11:40:25 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

What good does that do the Nets franchise though?

I don't see them getting much of a return for him either way, so screw him

« Reply #206 on: February 05, 2023, 11:55:59 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Guess it’s not an “if” he will be traded, but a “when.” For the Nets, feel like a trade centered around Herro and Lowry is probably the best they can do.

Chris Haynes: Brooklyn Nets intend to keep Kyrie Irving sidelined until a trade is finalized ahead of the Feb. 9 deadline, league sources tell @NBAonTNT, @BleacherReport.
Source: Twitter @ChrisBHaynes
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #207 on: February 05, 2023, 12:16:18 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Kyrie traded to Clips for Reggie Jackson, Norm Powell and Zubac. Maybe a pick or two to the Nets. I think that makes both teams better. Makes the Clips very small but quick with a ton of offense. It rebalances the Net's roster.

LOL I thought you posted this like it’s been official and was like “huh why isn’t this on social media”  :laugh:

« Reply #208 on: February 05, 2023, 01:10:57 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Are they going to put Paul George at Center to cover Jokic, Ayton, Sabonis, Adams?  They’d eat him for breakfast.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 01:45:29 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #209 on: February 05, 2023, 01:26:06 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
An interesting side issue regarding the Irving drama as it pertains to the Celtics.  Kyrie has been having a terrific on-court season, but will his antics cost him with the media and All-NBA votes, potentially helping Jaylen to secure the All-NBA spot he needs for a supermax?  In the All-Star voting, the media voted Kyrie 4th among guards in the East and Jaylen second, and it’s easy to imagine his quitting on the Nets only further costing him All-NBA votes at the end of the year.