Author Topic: Official 2015-16 Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread (21-59, 3rd slot as of 4/12)  (Read 572838 times)

Re: The official 2015-2016 Brooklyn Nets season watch thread
« Reply #885 on: November 20, 2015, 09:43:05 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'm starting to get genuinely excited about our chances of getting a top 5 pick while making the playoffs.  I read that Brooklyn's starting lineup is one of the best in the league but their depth is clearly not there.  It's still early and I don't want to jinx anything, but this has a chance to be epic.  Danny Ainge is a god.

OMG!!!! Someone needs to make this there new sig!

Johnson is pretty cooked, and they're running Lopez into the ground. I've always contended that pick was an almost guaranteed top-10, but now I have even higher hopes. A legit good chance at a top-5 pick and a real punchers chance at the #1 overall pick. These Nets picks seriously look like gold. God Bless DA.

Thomas, Zeller, Young, three unprotected 1sts in a row, and I think there's even more that came from that trade. All for a washed up KG and one year of a 37 year old Paul Pierce. Amazing

lol great minds thinks alike
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #886 on: November 20, 2015, 09:43:42 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
NETS LOSE AGAIN!!!  ;D
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #887 on: November 20, 2015, 09:45:03 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I know this joke has already been made but Billy King, you are truly a hero among us. You gave the Blazers Damian Lillard, bailed the Hawks out from JJ's awful contract (that was going to be amnestied anyway), and now, you've given Celtics a top-5 pick in the lottery for the next three years.

You shall be forever enshrined into Celtics history. Ted Stepien would be proud of you.

« Reply #888 on: November 20, 2015, 09:45:11 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
The great thing about this win is that it was the first of a brutal 10 game stretch for the Nets.

This spanking and another in Brooklyn will hopefully be completely demoralizing for the remaining 8 games of that stretch.

I think that's a good way to describe our defense. Demoralizing.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #889 on: November 20, 2015, 09:48:57 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The great thing about this win is that it was the first of a brutal 10 game stretch for the Nets.

This spanking and another in Brooklyn will hopefully be completely demoralizing for the remaining 8 games of that stretch.

lets hope they lose all ten games.

« Reply #890 on: November 20, 2015, 09:49:20 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I know this joke has already been made but Billy King, you are truly a hero among us. You gave the Blazers Damian Lillard, bailed the Hawks out from JJ's awful contract (that was going to be amnestied anyway), and now, you've given Celtics a top-5 pick in the lottery for the next three years.

You shall be forever enshrined into Celtics history. Ted Stepien would be proud of you.

Don't forget Favors to Utah; he's a monster.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #891 on: November 20, 2015, 09:51:21 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I remember when some people thought the Celtics and Nets might be close record-wise simply because Brooklyn allegedly had the 3 best players.

Good times.

« Reply #892 on: November 20, 2015, 09:51:42 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Do you think the clowning of Brown by Turner makes Shaqtin the fool?

« Reply #893 on: November 20, 2015, 09:51:46 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
Let's say the Nets after 20 games are 4-16. That's a winning percentage of .200. Let's also say that realistically the Nets have to get to .500 just to get into the playoffs. That means they woul have to go 37-25 the rest of the way playing at a .597 rate.

I think expecting that team to turn things around and play at that rate for the final 62 games is beyond realistic. I also don't think the Nets will continue at a .200 rate the rest of the year unless they blow it up. But if they improve and let's say play poorly but not epically bad, like at a .350 clip that would mean winning 21 more games and ending up 25-57. That's a bad record.

Over the last 10 years 25wins has netted:
7th worst record
7th worst record
3rd worst record
7th worst record
3rd worst record
7th worst record
10th worst record
4th worst record
4th worst record
5th worst record

So realistically,  I see a 5th or 6th worst record when all is said and done. If there are injuries or trades, I see this maybe getting even lower.

We will see

Yep,
I think it to get a top 3 pick we were always hoping on Lopez going down for at least 25-30 games and thus getting Simmons was going to be some draft night leprechaun luck.
I still think pick #4 or #5 are very realistic with Lopez on the court.
I really think the only two teams that are worse than the Nets are the 76ers and the Lakers (who are blatantly tanking). The Pelicans are a wildcard because once they get Jrue Holiday, Tyreke, Gordon, Davis all on the floor together they should string together some wins. They'll still be a top 8 pick but not in the bottom 3. For now I'll keep them in the bottom 3.

Right now I'd see the draft going:
#1 76ers
#2 Lakers
#3 NO
#4 between Nets, Blazers, Kings.

Either way we are getting a top 6 pick from Brooklyn at the very worst.

« Reply #894 on: November 20, 2015, 09:52:38 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald

lets hope they lose all ten games.

They really could. Should probably give them at least 2 games from some hot 3 point shooting (how they beat the Rockets and ATL).

« Reply #895 on: November 20, 2015, 09:55:00 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald

« Reply #896 on: November 20, 2015, 10:09:15 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Stefan Bondy ✔ @SBondyNYDN
Re Nets -- this is what you get when the GM gets presented ideas through ESPN trade machine. Yes that happened.
9:54 PM - 20 Nov 2015
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #897 on: November 20, 2015, 10:12:29 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Always need help from other bad teams to make the Nets record bad as possible .  Hope the Lakers can beat the Raptors .....LOL little chance but can hope.... :D

« Reply #898 on: November 21, 2015, 05:57:07 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
The Nets are truly a very, very bad basketball team.  Was at the game last night and, while they did miss some bunnies, there was no way that team could compete with the Celtics.  They are not off to just a bad start.  They have nothing to look forward to.  I am amazed that they are this bad at this time, which is absolutely perfect for the Celtics.  If they didn't have Lopez they would be worse than Philly, and Philly is trying to lose every single game.

I know Billy King is not smart enough to do this, but he has to trade whatever assets he can to get back in the drafts for 2016 and 2018, along with reconstructing the entire roster (if not what he is doing is almost criminal). 

Lopez has to be traded.  He is a quality player that they could get 2 first rounders for, and currently makes no sense on this team.  Joe Johnson could maybe even net a 1st since he is big money off the books, and he can play as a spot-up shooter on a contender. Get rid of Jarret Jack for anything.   

Find mobile, shooting/passing bigs not named Andrea to play the 5 (honestly Zeller would be perfect for them).  Heck play Thadeus Young at the 5 all game.  Play Hollis-Jefferson at the 4.  Let Kasarev/Bogdonavic shoot as many 3s as possible.  Go real small and go up and down at the fastest pace possible.

He never should have gotten rid of Plumlee or Teletovic.  Or let Daren Williams walk for nothing.  I just see no logic in anything this man is doing. 

« Reply #899 on: November 22, 2015, 08:34:57 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Welp with the Celtics losing to Brooklyn tonight...there goes another decent draft pick slot.  ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)