Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)  (Read 88579 times)

Re: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2017, 02:14:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Uh oh...is Josh Jackson being a Jerk!

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2017/02/24/josh-jackson-kansas-basketball/98364078/

"Kansas star freshman Josh Jackson (Detroit) has been charged with misdemeanor criminal damage after allegedly vandalizing a woman’s car outside a Lawrence bar."

Old news

« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2017, 02:24:55 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Does Josh Jackson have the highest ceiling in this draft? He really sounds like a Danny Ainge guy. I'm thinking if the Celtics get the #1 pick, it would be Jackson, while others may be crying for Fultz or Ball. It would be such an Ainge move, and maybe again, the right one.

« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2017, 02:32:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Does Josh Jackson have the highest ceiling in this draft? He really sounds like a Danny Ainge guy. I'm thinking if the Celtics get the #1 pick, it would be Jackson, while others may be crying for Fultz or Ball. It would be such an Ainge move, and maybe again, the right one.

Not the highest... That belongs to Isaac, Fultz

But ceiling plus has 'it' now..he is ahead of the race

« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2017, 04:52:57 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I think JJ has jumped ahead of Fultz. The decent chance that we get either of them is very exciting.

Upside:
Jackson- Kawhi/Wiggins
Fultz- Harden/Lillard

I feel that Lonzo Ball, Isaac, Monk, and Tatum are in the next tier for the Celtics.

« Reply #229 on: March 04, 2017, 05:02:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I've been saying this for weeks. TP for agreeing with me!!

« Reply #230 on: March 04, 2017, 05:29:18 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

I've been saying this for weeks. TP for agreeing with me!!
Feel the same way. Jackson strikes me as a "Celtics type" player. He fits the mold of what they look for. Tough, physically mature, explosive defender, issues shooting (lol). I think the C's would be very happy to draft this guy and it would totally be an Ainge move. Seeing a threesome of Smart-Brown-Jackson terrorize opposing offenses one day might be worth the wait of developing this young players.

« Reply #231 on: March 04, 2017, 05:42:43 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Tp to trifboy. You've been on his bandwagon since the beginning. Would still rather have fultz, but Jackson is my number 2.

« Reply #232 on: March 05, 2017, 12:07:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Vs okc state ...19 pts, 9 reb, 4 assist

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=jkWRPxD8OZI

« Reply #233 on: March 05, 2017, 12:07:53 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Tp to trifboy. You've been on his bandwagon since the beginning. Would still rather have fultz, but Jackson is my number 2.

:laugh:

« Reply #234 on: March 05, 2017, 12:22:04 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
I have to admit that I have been really impressed with JJ's improvement through the year, and his play has been super impressive.  I haven't watched Fultz or Ball play as much as I have Jackson, so maybe I am biased, but the trio of Smart / Brown / Jackson seems like a great trio for the future. 

Great size & strength, great desire to win, lots of intangibles, athleticism off the charts.  All 3 seem to be able to play multiple positions which in the event of us losing either AB or IT in the next few years due to whatever reason.

Jackson completely seems like a Danny Ainge / celtics type player.  If he can keep improving like he has this year, I would say his ceiling has to be close to that of Fultz / Ball with better defense right now, and better size.  He seems like he could play interchanging from 2, 3 or even 4 in small ball after a couple years of bulking up.

« Reply #235 on: March 05, 2017, 01:37:35 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I have to admit that I have been really impressed with JJ's improvement through the year, and his play has been super impressive.  I haven't watched Fultz or Ball play as much as I have Jackson, so maybe I am biased, but the trio of Smart / Brown / Jackson seems like a great trio for the future. 

Great size & strength, great desire to win, lots of intangibles, athleticism off the charts.  All 3 seem to be able to play multiple positions which in the event of us losing either AB or IT in the next few years due to whatever reason.

Jackson completely seems like a Danny Ainge / celtics type player.  If he can keep improving like he has this year, I would say his ceiling has to be close to that of Fultz / Ball with better defense right now, and better size.  He seems like he could play interchanging from 2, 3 or even 4 in small ball after a couple years of bulking up.

I'd love Jackson, and would take him over Ball for a few reasons.  But Fultz still has to be number 1, and viewed with a higher ceiling.  He's been the better player over most of the season, and is also nearly 16 younger than Jackson (who is much closer to Jaylen Brown in terms of age).  One really needs to remember that age gap when comparing the two, especially in terms of ceiling.  Jackson is older than many sophomores despite officially being a freshman.

But Jackson seems to be an easy fit on the Celtics in terms of style of play, unquestionably.

« Reply #236 on: March 05, 2017, 02:14:37 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Heard a great NBA comparison for Josh Jackson,

Scottie Pippen/Josh Smith hybrid

Thoughts?

« Reply #237 on: March 05, 2017, 05:43:49 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
But Fultz still has to be number 1, and viewed with a higher ceiling.  He's been the better player over most of the season, and is also nearly 16 younger than Jackson (who is much closer to Jaylen Brown in terms of age). 

For all Fultz greateness his team still stinks.   9-21

http://www.gohuskies.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

And he has missed he last three games with sore knees,

Washington last played on Feb. 18 and Fultz had a week to rest his knee, but was unable to receive medical clearance.

“He hasn’t done much,” Romar said Friday when asked about Fultz. “We just want to keep him calm. With this being a long week. … He’ll probably do a little more today (Friday), but we haven’t had him do a whole lot.”

Pressed a further, Romar said it’s difficult for Fultz to play in games with little rest between them.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-basketball/washingtons-markelle-fultz-misses-third-game-due-sore-knee/

Great stats when he plays, though

http://www.gohuskies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3418

But sore knees, and losing team mean pass!   Those are big warning signs

Oh I forgot this is Celticsblog and everything will be hunky-dory once he comes to Boston, those knees will heal, he will instantly be transformed into a winner.   Gimme a break!

« Reply #238 on: March 05, 2017, 06:50:38 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I officially pass on Fults now
Even if his talent is true i don't want a player with knee problems at this young age
(especially it's not accidental injury)

« Reply #239 on: March 05, 2017, 12:15:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Heard a great NBA comparison for Josh Jackson,

Scottie Pippen/Josh Smith hybrid

Thoughts?

Interesting comparison

I would say more like a Pippen/AntawnJamieson. .. or Iggy/Jamieson hybrid