Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)  (Read 88589 times)

Re: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)
« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2017, 11:37:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #196 on: February 21, 2017, 10:03:42 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
He have the poise, tenacity and defensive IQ. Definitely the most NBA ready among the top prospects.
just to reinforce your point, here is a post from SoSH about jackson. i officially want the celtics to draft this guy.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/2017-nba-draft-thread.16589/page-7

...this Marc Spears article from last June with a few quotes to make this possibility even more tantalizing: http://theundefeated.com/features/hes-got-a-game-to-match-his-mouth/.

(1) Toughest player Josh Jackson has ever had to play against: Jaylen Brown (its in the video, not the article.

(2) Fran Fraschilla compared Jackson's competitive drive to: KG. And does this sound like anyone from the Cs: “Every drill, he wants to be first. . . . . Every scrimmage, he wants to be the best. He just has an alpha dog mentality. He still has things he has to work on to improve. But in this class going into college next year, he’s as intense a player as there is in terms of his attitude as I’ve seen in the last five to 10 years. . . . Kevin Durant took my breath away with his talent. But this kid, he wants to win every single drill. Whoever is on the court who is considered at his level, he wants to guard them and dominate them.”

(3) In a pickup game in Detroit two years go. [Draymond] Green chose to guard Jackson and made a point to trash-talk to him and stop him from scoring. While Green accomplished his defensive goal, he respected Jackson for never backing down. They’ve been close ever since.

(4) Jackson even started a chess club so he and Brown can play on the road together.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2017, 07:32:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Looks like he sprained ankle in first half of TCU game. Hope not serious.

« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2017, 07:37:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Back in game.

« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2017, 08:47:32 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
This kid is looking more and more like what we need. He's incredibly athletic, tries hard on defense and plays sound basketball. I'm as sold on Jackson as I am on Fultz, I would hate for the Lakers to have him.

« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2017, 11:29:24 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
"Duke freshman Jayson Tatum is one of the best one-on-one scorers in the country, and Jackson made his life miserable when the two faced off at the practices for the McDonald’s All American Game last year. One Eastern Conference executive told me that the top players in his class are scared of what Jackson can do defensively."

https://theringer.com/kansas-jayhawks-bill-self-josh-jackson-big-12-titles-576e5191c5ac#.pv4ec1jr7

If we don't trade this year's pick...take this kid PLEASE.

« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2017, 11:35:02 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Makes a great consolation prize if one and two go elsewhere - as they inevitably will.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2017, 11:38:52 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
Jackson has grown on me. I used to think he was premium Matt Barnes, but now I think he is more.

What it comes down to for me is: Is he good enough of a player to pick early even if he never develops a consistent outside shot?

My answer: Yes. He is. His passing, driving, finishing, defense, and rebounding are all pretty impressive. The intangibles continue to be heralded as well.

His shot has been coming along lately, but I seriously wonder if, with that form, he will ever be consistent. More likely that he will be just good enough to make defenders respect him, with occasional hot games thrown in.

I'm a little concerned about three things: 1) What was the deal with that vandalism thing? Does he have questionable maturity/character? 2) Every year there is a guy with great intangibles who gets taken too early and becomes a role player instead of a star. Is he that guy? 3) Ball and Fultz are both elite prospect. It's ballsy to take him over them.

« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2017, 11:49:41 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If DA doesn't make a move today, Jackson is some one I'd be happy with going forward. If Brown continues to improve in a few years we could have a core of Smart,Brown,Jackson, and this doesn't include our stashes over seas.

I can see why DA and Stevens may not make a move right away.

« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2017, 12:08:08 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
"Duke freshman Jayson Tatum is one of the best one-on-one scorers in the country, and Jackson made his life miserable when the two faced off at the practices for the McDonald’s All American Game last year. One Eastern Conference executive told me that the top players in his class are scared of what Jackson can do defensively."

https://theringer.com/kansas-jayhawks-bill-self-josh-jackson-big-12-titles-576e5191c5ac#.pv4ec1jr7

If we don't trade this year's pick...take this kid PLEASE.
I'm in total agreement.  Love this kid.

« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2017, 12:23:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Me too. Keep the pick. He will contribute right away.

« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2017, 12:25:02 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jackson fills a need for Boston but have a feeling if they get #1 they take Fultz

« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2017, 12:33:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Jackson fills a need for Boston but have a feeling if they get #1 they take Fultz

Disagree. I don't think Fultz is a Celtic. Doesn't make his teammates better. If Ball or Jackson were on that Washington team they would be better. Fultz doesn't have personality to lead team. Reminds me of Derek Rose.

« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2017, 04:28:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
15 pts/11 reb...congrats Kansas

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=EnKFjeC9P6E

« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2017, 04:34:39 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Disagree. I don't think Fultz is a Celtic. Doesn't make his teammates better. If Ball or Jackson were on that Washington team they would be better. Fultz doesn't have personality to lead team. Reminds me of Derek Rose.

I prefer Ball...a bigger guard who adds another demension to them or Jackson. Fultz to me is just more of what they have