Author Topic: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)  (Read 88584 times)

Re: Josh Jackson Thread (Merged)
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2017, 08:07:46 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Holy crap.

I have only watched the second half, and I have already decided this was the guy I wanted. Wow. I am beyond impressed. Everything he has done this game has been perfect. I had been and still am a big fan of Fultz and Ball, but now it even appears Jackson has fully corrected that hitch in his form. He has that intangible effect on winning like Marcus with the staggering athleticism and elite talent of Jaylen.

Nobody wears 11 on the Celtics right now, but next year I hope that changes.

Just WOW

31 pts tonight, 11 rebounds, 2-4 from the 3 pt line. 

Jackson is a winner... unfortunately at this rate , unless the Celts win the 1st pick, Jackson won't be available

There is a chance that other teams are not convinced about his shooting. Fultz and Ball are more popular than Jackson AFAIK and projected to be #1 and #2 respectively.

For a guy that can't shoot he is shooting the 3 at about 55 percent the last 6 games

Also he did this for the last shot today...    Everyone keeps bagging on his shooting and he keeps proving people wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OSowvAkRKU

Wow. triboy, that 55% from 3 the last six games is IDENTICAL to his FT% for the entire YEAR!!!!

Smitty77

Before you get too excited Mr. Fultz fan watch this Jackson highlights

31 pts, 11 reb, 4 assist, 1 turnover.. game winning ft

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=ckrxUlh-gvo

You know NOTHING about me IF you think I am a Fultz fan!!!!  I have NEVER EVER said I was a Fultz fan!!!  Not even verbally, and you of course would NOT know that!!!!  NEVER!!!

I am however an Isaac fan!!!! 

Smitty77

« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2017, 08:09:03 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Holy crap.

I have only watched the second half, and I have already decided this was the guy I wanted. Wow. I am beyond impressed. Everything he has done this game has been perfect. I had been and still am a big fan of Fultz and Ball, but now it even appears Jackson has fully corrected that hitch in his form. He has that intangible effect on winning like Marcus with the staggering athleticism and elite talent of Jaylen.

Just WOW

Jackson is a winner... unfortunately at this rate , unless the Celts win the 1st pick, Jackson won't be available

There is a chance that other teams are not convinced about his shooting. Fultz and Ball are more popular than Jackson AFAIK and projected to be #1 and #2 respectively.

For a guy that can't shoot he is shooting the 3 at about 55 percent the last 6 games

Also he did this for the last shot today...    Everyone keeps bagging on his shooting and he keeps proving people wrong

Wow. triboy, that 55% from 3 the last six games is IDENTICAL to his FT% for the entire YEAR!!!!

Smitty77

You know NOTHING about me IF you think I am a Fultz fan!!!!  I have NEVER EVER said I was a Fultz fan!!!  Not even verbally, and you of course would NOT know that!!!!  NEVER!!!

Smitty77
Isaac was a no-show vs. ND today for whatever that's worth.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2017, 08:10:00 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
This is great news. The value of our Brooklyn pick keeps climbing as a trading chip too. It is pretty much a given Brooklyn will finish with worst record and therefore guaranteed of picking no worse than 4th. If Isaac continues to play well, a team is guaranteed a stud no matter where the pick lands.

I must say, I would be delighted with any of Ball, Fultz or Jackson. And Isaac as consolation prize.

Wowzer.
yeah great news indeed. Worst case we get a potential all star, best case we land a potential superstar

« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2017, 08:14:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Holy crap.

Just WOW

Smitty77

Smitty77

Yup only 4 pts from Isaac...

He has been inconsistent the last several games...

« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2017, 08:28:51 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Holy crap.

Just WOW

Smitty77

Smitty77

I certainly did NOT expect you to apologize for YOUR BLATANT and FALSE statement of me being a Fultz fan.  Man up triboy and apologize!!!  Can you do that?????????????

Did you watch the NC State game??  I did.  He scored the first 7 points in a 7-0 start triboy.  He scored 21 points, had 7 rebounds, 1 block, and 1 steal in ONLY 24 stinking minutes!!!!!  That is inconsistent HOW triboy??????????

He did have a bad game vs. Clemson in a game they won by 48.

In the game before that, Miami, he had 15 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, and 1 block.

And the 4 point game tonight was bad, but he ONLY took 6 shots, and he did have 6 rebounds, 3 steals, and 1 block.

Now, back to that apology about calling me a Fultz fan.  I am waiting very IMPATIENTLY!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2017, 08:35:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Holy crap.

Just WOW

Smitty77

Smitty77

I certainly did NOT expect you to apologize for YOUR BLATANT and FALSE statement of me being a Fultz fan.  Man up triboy and apologize!!!  Can you do that?????????????

Did you watch the NC State game??  I did.  He scored the first 7 points in a 7-0 start triboy.  He scored 21 points, had 7 rebounds, 1 block, and 1 steal in ONLY 24 stinking minutes!!!!!  That is inconsistent HOW triboy??????????

In the game before that, Miami, he had 15 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, and 1 block.

And the 4 point game tonight was bad, but he ONLY took 6 shots, and he did have 6 rebounds, 3 steals, and 1 block.

Now, back to that apology about calling me a Fultz fan.  I am waiting very IMPATIENTLY!!!!

Smitty77

ok ok Mr Isaac Fan... how dare I say you are a fan of Fultz

« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2017, 08:35:56 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Holy crap.

Just WOW

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77
Are you gonna apologize for not knowing what inconsistent means.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2017, 08:38:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Holy crap.

Just WOW

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

Isaac is still a nice looking prospect, but can you really say he is better than Jackson at this point?

There is more to the game than a picture perfect jump shooting stroke....

While Isaacs upside is no doubt higher than Jackson's,  Jackson is amazing right now.  He is playing better and better while the season is getting more stressful.  More scouts coming to see him.  It isn't phasing him

You can laugh at his FT shooting percentage (almost identical to his 3 pt shooting percentage - last 6 games) but because he does almost everything else at a top level, this little weakness doesn't really matter at this point
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:44:49 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2017, 09:33:15 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Holy crap.

Just WOW

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

ok ok Mr Isaac Fan... how dare I say you are a fan of Fultz

If that's as close to an apology as I am going to get, I will take it:-))

Smitty77

« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2017, 09:35:29 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Holy crap.

Just WOW

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77
Are you gonna apologize for not knowing what inconsistent means.

Are you triboy's BIG brother???:-))))  I am feeling GANGED up on here:-)))  I need to find a safe zone:_)))))

I do think that triboy is a BIG boy and can really take up for himself.

Also, I will take 3 steal on a BAD night any time.  Have you watched him played perimeter D??  I have NOT seen a 6'10" play perimeter D like this in my lifetime, and I am about to turn 52.

Smitty77

« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2017, 09:37:55 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Holy crap.

Just WOW

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

Isaac is still a nice looking prospect, but can you really say he is better than Jackson at this point?

While Isaacs upside is no doubt higher than Jackson's,  Jackson is amazing right now.  He is playing better and better while the season is getting more stressful.  More scouts coming to see him.  It isn't phasing him

You can laugh at his FT shooting percentage (almost identical to his 3 pt shooting percentage - last 6 games) but because he does almost everything else at a top level, this little weakness doesn't really matter at this point

My real argument here is that we do NOT need a PG/SG (see Fultz and Ball) and we do NOT need a SF IMHO!!  Jackson is either a SG or a SF at the next level.  Why did we draft Jaylen Brown this past year?  That is my argument and where I am coming from.  I think that Isaac will put on weight and will be able to play 4 positions in his career.

That being said, Jackson is a GREAT player and he WILL become a better FT shooter!!!!:-)))))

Smitty77

« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2017, 09:58:19 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
Holy crap.

Just WOW

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

My real argument here is that we do NOT need a PG/SG (see Fultz and Ball) and we do NOT need a SF IMHO!!  Jackson is either a SG or a SF at the next level.  Why did we draft Jaylen Brown this past year?  That is my argument and where I am coming from.  I think that Isaac will put on weight and will be able to play 4 positions in his career.

That being said, Jackson is a GREAT player and he WILL become a better FT shooter!!!!:-)))))

Smitty77

Jackson is a great rebounder and could play 4 once he fill his body out.

« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2017, 10:18:41 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Holy crap.

Just WOW

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

He could play PF in the NBA, but he likely will NOT!!

From nbadraft.net:

Measured 6'7.75 (in shoes) 203 lbs, with a 6'9.75’’ wingspan at the 2016 Hoop Summit ... Also measured an 8’3’’ standing reach at the Hoop Summit, but this measurement could have been sanEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ged to get a higher vertical leap number, or simply erroneous ... He’s measured a 8’8.5’’-8’9.75’’ standing reach at various USA Basketball camps over the years.

He is listed as a SG/SF on nbadraft.net as well:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/josh-jackson

As for Isaac, he is listed as a SF/PF:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jonathan-isaac

Here are his measurements from 2015 from the same site:

Notes: Measured 6’10’’ in shoes, with a 7'0’’ wingspan and 185 lbs at the 2015 Nike Basketball Academy ...

Here are more updated measurements from 2016:

2016   Hoop Summit   NA   6' 10.5"   205   7' 1.25"   9' 0.5"   NA   NA   NA

Those are QUITE DIFFERENT!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2017, 10:49:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Holy crap.

Just WOW

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

From nbadraft.net:

Measured 6'7.75 (in shoes) 203 lbs, with a 6'9.75’’ wingspan at the 2016 Hoop Summit ... Also measured an 8’3’’ standing reach at the Hoop Summit, but this measurement could have been san****ged to get a higher vertical leap number, or simply erroneous ... He’s measured a 8’8.5’’-8’9.75’’ standing reach at various USA Basketball camps over the years.

Notes: Measured 6’10’’ in shoes, with a 7'0’’ wingspan and 185 lbs at the 2015 Nike Basketball Academy ...

Smitty77

Jackson does not have a 8'3 reach... for sure that measurement was an error

« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Holy crap.

Just WOW

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

Smitty77

From nbadraft.net:

Measured 6'7.75 (in shoes) 203 lbs, with a 6'9.75’’ wingspan at the 2016 Hoop Summit ... Also measured an 8’3’’ standing reach at the Hoop Summit, but this measurement could have been san****ged to get a higher vertical leap number, or simply erroneous ... He’s measured a 8’8.5’’-8’9.75’’ standing reach at various USA Basketball camps over the years.

Smitty77

Im not sure I buy that we dont need a SF. What Im seeing is that Jaylen has some real advantages playing the 2 with his ability to post up. I can see them keeping him there long term. In addition, i think this team is fairly small on the wing. They only have 2 guys with any size on the wing. I think that is a legit issue on this team. Another wing with length would be a great thing in my book.