Author Topic: Cavaliers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 1 5/7/24  (Read 11553 times)

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1402
Thankfully, aside from Game 2 against the Heat, we've looed dominant at home.  That game was both a fluke and just a bad game from the C's.

If we take care of home court we will hang banner 18.  I've no clue why we've been so bad at home in the past two playoff runs.  I hope that this is a signal that that trend is over.

and all of our wins have been blowouts. if we hit on all cylinders we can beat this cavs team 140-85.

Unfortunately it's really hard to hit on all cylinders all the time, but thankfully we can beat them even if we play bad...last year I don't think we would have been able to. All starts with defense this season
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1402
JT getting lots of hate in X (twitter) now. I hope he bounces back big time next game.

I long ago stopped reading what randoms post on Twitter...I feel dumber every time I read their tweets. It reminds me of why Jack Dorsey called it Twitter...because they were considered short bursts of inconsequential information  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 133
The way Tatum played poorly, last year we would've lost this game.

Man, I love this team personnel now.

Great Win!! TPs.

Honestly he really just shot poorly.  He was trying to get that stepback three ball to drop and it just wasn't there for him tonight.

I really liked everything else he did though.  Defended his ass off.  Made smart passes.  Attacked the glass.  If that stuff is consistent out of him, we can win games even when he's not hitting shots.  And if those shots drop too, forget it.

Yup his plus minus for the game was the highest or 2nd highest on the team if I recall correctly. But obviously points is the main metric people use to gauge if someone added value or not

I especially appreciate the rebounding. 

We have two bigs on this roster (Porzingis and Horford) who are both below average rebounders at their position, so for Tatum (who is really not that big/long for a four) to be getting us 10+ RPG has been huge for this team.   

Over the past two playoff runs so far Tatum has averaged 26.1 points, 10.5 rebounds. 5.3 assists, 0.9 steals, 1.0 block over 25 games with a +5.0 BPM and a +9 net rating.  Those are really impressive numbers.

Credit to JB as well, he's been really, really good this year.  And I'm normally a serial JB hater, but I love what he's done all season long.

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 560
Thankfully, aside from Game 2 against the Heat, we've looed dominant at home.  That game was both a fluke and just a bad game from the C's.

If we take care of home court we will hang banner 18.  I've no clue why we've been so bad at home in the past two playoff runs.  I hope that this is a signal that that trend is over.

and all of our wins have been blowouts. if we hit on all cylinders we can beat this cavs team 140-85.

Unfortunately it's really hard to hit on all cylinders all the time, but thankfully we can beat them even if we play bad...last year I don't think we would have been able to. All starts with defense this season
It is like people think the players are playing against air out there.  You can't hit on all cylinders all the time because the other team is a pretty good playoff team who is trying their hardest to prevent you from doing so.  Unlike the regular season, teams actually give a lot effort on defense. 

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
I just read Cavs managed only 4 points when Mitchell was on the bench

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yep.  Play defense and maintain composure.  We didn't do either enough last year.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376
big props to Kornet too...he gets alot of hate on this board at times. but in these playoffs he is playing very well. Providing rim presence, blocking shots, holding his ground and grabbing rebounds. held bam down last series and his minutes were pretty dominant last night.

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Dude was worn out
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376
Dude was worn out

and it was only game 1. he has to keep doing this for cavs to have a chance at keeping up with our scoring.

if we keep playing tough defense, keep our composure and just play our game we should win this. last night was a good example. we shot poorly but our defense kept us about 10-11points ahead all game. and then finally our shots started falling and the lead balooned to 25.

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188
Everything continues to line up for the Celtics to cruise to the finals…playing the heat without several good players, now playing this average cavs team that couldn’t even compete on the road against Orlando, and likely the decimated Knicks next round who should be gassed by then because thibs just plays there starters the entire game.
It will be an all time epic massive fail and a career destroyer if they somehow dont win it all. We likely won’t even see a really good team until the finals and it’s lining up that we will actually be the more experienced team in the finals.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2426
Everything continues to line up for the Celtics to cruise to the finals…playing the heat without several good players, now playing this average cavs team that couldn’t even compete on the road against Orlando, and likely the decimated Knicks next round who should be gassed by then because thibs just plays there starters the entire game.
It will be an all time epic massive fail and a career destroyer if they somehow dont win it all. We likely won’t even see a really good team until the finals and it’s lining up that we will actually be the more experienced team in the finals.

Good chance to get all the way to the Finals before they meet a real opponent.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 707
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It is not about who they play now or later. It is about them. It has always been about Boston getting past Boston.

They play like they should they will win the title.

As for JT...I would rather him have a game like game 1 and win rather than him score 50 and lose. I really am not interested in his ranking among players, stats, MVP's, etc. I want to win a championship. If he averages 15 points but makes the right play and does the little things then that is great.

The Cavs cannot guard the Celtics. It is all about making Mitchell work to score. The Cavs are screwed if he goes to the bench. As for Allen, he still has not done any kind of basketball work. He cannot sleep and is having trouble breathing. I do not think we see much of him this series.

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188
It is not about who they play now or later. It is about them. It has always been about Boston getting past Boston.

They play like they should they will win the title.

As for JT...I would rather him have a game like game 1 and win rather than him score 50 and lose. I really am not interested in his ranking among players, stats, MVP's, etc. I want to win a championship. If he averages 15 points but makes the right play and does the little things then that is great.

The Cavs cannot guard the Celtics. It is all about making Mitchell work to score. The Cavs are screwed if he goes to the bench. As for Allen, he still has not done any kind of basketball work. He cannot sleep and is having trouble breathing. I do not think we see much of him this series.

I think everyone is on board with preferring to just win then lose and Tatum go off…the issue is we are asking too much to have Jaylen brown and white carry us through the entire playoffs to a title. Tatum has to play better.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1613
we just need all hands on deck to keep contributing so there is nobody who has to carry the team. the bench helps greatly. then once we get KP back oh my!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Boston players need to remain focused, in that their opponents are not their friends during the playoffs . Once the season is over they can go out and party with guys .  Winning the championship requires laser like focus and determination.