Author Topic: Due to the way LA teams choked their leads away at home today...  (Read 6168 times)

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I feel better about the celtics last night.

Clippers choked away a 20+ pt lead by letting the spurs go on a 24-0 run.

Lakers just crumbled in the 4th and let OKC pull out the victory in a game where they trailed 10-15 all night.

Both of those were at home.

I now feel better about last night. At least our team was on the road. Maybe now we'll come back Monday with a strong home victory and make this a 3-2 series.

Re: Due to the way LA teams choked their leads away at home today...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:25:35 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
Agree. Everyone was on the panic mode after the loss. Now I feel better too. I wouldn't want to face the Thunders in the finals. I'll be either rooting for Spurs of Thunders if ever we don't manage to make it.

That said, I'm sure we will make it to the finals. GO CELTICS!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 01:33:17 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
It's still NOT good both LA teams will be fishing soon
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 01:36:55 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
It's still NOT good both LA teams will be fishing soon

true, but not only are we in a better position than both those teams, its not just the celtics that fumbled away a game. Everyone is, its playoff intensity. My point is watching these games I realized that we can't expect our team to be flawless, but I have faith they'll finish this series and hopefully go as far as they can in these playoffs

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 02:02:38 AM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I don't feel better tbh... Both the Lakers and the Clippers are teams who are gonna get eliminated this round. there's nothing about that which should make me feel better.

We win game 4 and we were gonna be resting our players by this time on Monday, cuz there's no way we lose game 5 on that occasion. Now... I don't know really, the Sixers are so confident right now. There's no question they are an inferior team, but man, that game 4 loss was just heartbreaking!

I hope and pray for a win on Monday, but can't say I'm not still shocked by the way we lost yesterday. I feel like momentum has changed, but I'll be more than happy to prove myself wrong on this.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 02:51:09 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Impressive win by OKC today.  LA controlled the game for except the last 1/2 of Q4, and that was enough for the Thunder to slip through and get the win.  That series is all but over, not to mention the Lakers run with Kobe...

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 06:57:52 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I guess the counter-argument is that really good teams (Thunder, Spurs) make comebacks on the road, they don't choke 18 point second half leads.

Right now, the Thunder andSpurs are playing at a much higher level than the Celtics are.  Hopefully they can get that straightened out.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
The big difference in our game is even when we were playing great defense, we lost a bunch of crucial defensive rebounds, allowing them more opportunities to score. If we have grabbed some of those rebounds, especially when we were rolling offensively, we would be up by 20 points and that could've been the dagger.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 11:04:06 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I guess the counter-argument is that really good teams (Thunder, Spurs) make comebacks on the road, they don't choke 18 point second half leads.

Right now, the Thunder andSpurs are playing at a much higher level than the Celtics are.  Hopefully they can get that straightened out.

Yep.  The Spurs swept the 8 seed.  Thunder swept the 7 seed.  Celts are now in a dog fight with 8 seed.
Yup

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 12:00:30 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley

And thats a great counterargument lol... idk im just trying to make some lemonade out of the lemons the celtics left us at the end of that game 4 (if that makes any sense)

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 12:24:20 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Lakers just crumbled in the 4th and let OKC pull out the victory in a game where they trailed 10-15 all night.

I now feel better about last night. At least our team was on the road. Maybe now we'll come back Monday with a strong home victory and make this a 3-2 series.

It's a good point, and you are correct.  Our 2008 Championship squad was pushed to 7 games by an 8-seed with an under .500 record in the first round.  You get no style points for sweeps.

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 01:03:49 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

I'm always in a better mood when the fakers lose.   ;D

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 06:17:32 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243

And in watching Indiana and Miami play, the would both kick Boston to the curb in the ECF very easily. Boston must bring their A game to the table from now on to have a chance.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 07:05:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Side Note:   Kobe Bryant is a terrible teammate.  Seriously.  He's constantly throwing his teammates under the bus.  MOst recently he's calling out Pau Gasol.  http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221127/Bryant_Blames_Gasol_For_Costly_Turnover

That's completely bushleague.  If it weren't for Gasol, Kobe would still be leading a 35 win Laker team to the lottery.  Gasol was the true MVP the year they beat us.  I'd desperately want to be traded if I were Pau Gasol.  Kobe's an ungrateful little prick.

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 07:33:25 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Games 3 and first half of Game 4 in Philly were owned by the C's.  We fell apart (as the C's have done oftenr when up and cocky) in the 2nd half. 

We continue to be without any semblance of Ray Allen and an impaired Pierce and Bradley. C's are showing to be a team that will battle when their backs are against wall and talented enough to strike fear in any team when operating on all cylinders.

I can't be too confident nor can I give up.  One thing I am pretty sure of is that this team will get us really excited then they will disappoint.  We should neither get too up nor too down based on the latest performance. I am hoping for better health and expecting a rocky road.