Author Topic: Thunderous Collapse  (Read 6234 times)

Re: Thunderous Collapse
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 09:01:30 AM »

Offline paulcowens

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 79
It's funny how Danny's Defenders now live in an alternate reality where Perkins was the cause of everything that was wrong with the Celtics, until, Thank God, Ainge got rid of him, and now he's the cause of everything wrong with the Thunder.

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »

Offline jsingh1699

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
the thunder are struggling to find someone to guard dirk. do you think jeff green is better suited to guard him than the likes of perk, ibaka, collison?

the thunder might have screwed up in the trade because they brought perk in for the sole purpose of guarding tim duncan, bynum, and/or gasol. clearly that plan failed.

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, 10:43:02 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
To me, the youth and "too old" arguments are not valid or too over stated sometimes.

I think the biggest reason for breakdowns is fatigue.

When Harden fouled out, a big key component for the Thunder's bench, that took a lot of wind out of OKC's sails.

Coach Scott Brooks didn't rest his stars enough.

Young and aged veterans are not immune to physical and mental fatigue.

Even Lebron James is not immune, hence the "he quit" label last post season.

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
the thunder are struggling to find someone to guard dirk. do you think jeff green is better suited to guard him than the likes of perk, ibaka, collison?

the thunder might have screwed up in the trade because they brought perk in for the sole purpose of guarding tim duncan, bynum, and/or gasol. clearly that plan failed.

Dirk seems like too much for Green to handle.

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 11:54:08 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I know we collapsed a lot in fourth quarters but not many times did we have an epic collapse of 15 points in under 4 minutes. That was crazy. I nodded off when the Thunder went up 15, opened my eyes with 6 seconds left to see Dirk hit a tying free throw. I couldnt believe it, what an epic epic collapse bu the T men.

Didn't the Cs have one like this against Miami a couple weeks back?
 :-\
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 12:29:09 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
It's funny how Danny's Defenders now live in an alternate reality where Perkins was the cause of everything that was wrong with the Celtics, until, Thank God, Ainge got rid of him, and now he's the cause of everything wrong with the Thunder.

Uh, it seems like Danny's critics are the ones who indulge in magical thinking about how Perk would have solved every problem Boston had this past post-season, no matter what the numbers say he's producing for OKC.

Mike