Author Topic: Luka Doncic is unreal- Official Doncic Thread  (Read 11072 times)

Re: Luka Doncic is unreal- Official Doncic Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2018, 07:58:01 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
How come everyone fails to forget that Trae is so far 4th in assists?

Because he can’t shoot a lick and isn’t much on defense.

Possibly also because the only time we really saw him was when the Hawks played the Cs and in that game he was a complete nonfactor. He made so many bad decisions in that game - early 28-foot heaves from 3. A Celtics d that has had real trouble containing even mediocre point guards shut him all the way down.  Obviously, a one-game sample, but hard for us, if we aren’t hawks-watchers, to balance that.

I think that Trae is a great shooter.
Just needs some more sample size, exp, and better teammates.

Luka has made Dallas a really fun team to watch and he can score in all three areas. I think Doncic is the kind of player that really haunts the teams that pass on him.
Uh-huh.  Trae will become a nice player but Doncic is a generational talent.

« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2018, 09:27:51 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
A rainbow goes through! 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAo_pspomLE

Sick buzzer beater to force overtime at 2:08 of the video. Unfortunately for him, the Mavs lost the game.

23 points, 11 rebs, 6 assists, 1 t/o last night. I know the West is stacked and all, but he's already playing like an All-Star in my book.
That play should never have worked.  Down 3 with 0.6 seconds left the only thing the defense should have been defending was the 3.  The out of bounds guy isn't a threat so its 5 on 4.  Doncic was the only guy above the arc.  He should have been double teamed. 

I thought Doncic would be good but not this good, this early.  His game is so mature for his age.  It'll be interesting to see if he hits the rookie wall.  82 games is a tough grind but he should be more ready for it than college players. 

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2018, 08:19:39 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Over his last eight games: 22.9 points, 6.8 boards, 7.4 dimes and 1.3 treys while going to the line 10.1 times per outing. That's all-star status, and he's still 19 years old for 2 more months. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2018, 09:56:31 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Just as i predict before draft, if you want an perennial allstar take Doncic, if you want a potential superstar draft Bamba

I was so happy when stupid Kings passing on Him

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2018, 10:27:09 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Over his last eight games: 22.9 points, 6.8 boards, 7.4 dimes and 1.3 treys while going to the line 10.1 times per outing. That's all-star status, and he's still 19 years old for 2 more months.
Far out. He’s really on another level.

Best rookie season since Blake Griffin?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2018, 11:09:32 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I love Dončić. (Don-tcheech)
But I'd love him even more if he was born some 100 km towards me.
He even has the soft letter Ć (ch) at the end of his surname. Something that is more in the spirit of Croatian tradition. Slovenian last names often finish on letter Č (tch), which has a sharper sound.

If all this makes any sense to you guys.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:18:44 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2018, 11:21:24 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think it's pretty cool that the Mavs ended up drafting the best Euro prospect in years right at the tail end of Dirk's career.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2018, 11:22:38 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Just as i predict before draft, if you want an perennial allstar take Doncic, if you want a potential superstar draft Bamba

Man, centers have to be SO GOOD in order to be superstars in today's league.

You think Bamba is gonna shoot threes, pass, post-up, attack closeouts, protect the rim, and dominate the boards?

Rudy Gobert is pretty much the ideal version of a player like Bamba and I think he falls short of making a superstar impact.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2018, 12:18:54 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Uh, what?

In what universe of NBA are you seeing to deduce that Bamba could become a superstar, but Doncic is only an Allstar?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2018, 10:55:56 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Luka scored 34 points on 10/16 shooting (with 7 treys) tonight, and he was only 7/13 from the FT line.

Why can't he be ours? I want to share his tale (as a Celtic) with other peoples' grandkids.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2018, 01:18:47 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
HIs talent is better than Brown and Tatum combined...And im a Tatum fan.

He is a superstar in the making, Tatum is an All-star in the making...and Brown is a Jeff Green in the making...lol

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2018, 01:40:58 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Doncic is legit.... you have talent like that and he should handle the ball in crunch time.

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2018, 02:56:28 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Uh, what?

In what universe of NBA are you seeing to deduce that Bamba could become a superstar, but Doncic is only an Allstar?
He is limited on his physical, means he is very close to his ceiling from the get go
If you put him on a team with no other stars and give him the ball all the time he can get  allstar number from year 1, even get superstar numbers in some year but he will never be a true superstar

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2018, 03:08:10 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Uh, what?

He is limited on his physical, means he is very close to his ceiling from the get go
If you put him on a team with no other stars and give him the ball all the time he can get  allstar number from year 1, even get superstar numbers in some year but he will never be a true superstar
Yes, just like Larry Bird could never reach that superstar status.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2018, 04:28:21 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Uh, what?

Yes, just like Larry Bird could never reach that superstar status.
To be frank Bird was way more athletic than doncic, both in traditional run and jump as well as eye-hand coordination. Doncic has had a start that blew my socks off though, although I still believe the Hawks got an excellent haul for trading down the Mavs have no longer lost the trade lol, eating that sweet crow.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA