Author Topic: TRADE IDEAS  (Read 15551 times)

Re: TRADE IDEAS
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2020, 06:12:34 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Hayward our three firsts this year Langford and Edward to Indy.

Oladipo and Turner to Boston.

I've seen versions of that suggested. As a Celtics fan, I love it. Not so sure about the Pacers fans...

Mike
Honestly curious: why are so many people so high on Oladipo? He’s had one great year and been dealing with some serious injuries the last two seasons. If they do trade Hayward to Indy, I’d rather they try and pry Brogdon somehow tbh.
Yeah, I don't get the love for Dipo. He hasn't shown that he'll return to that All-Star form

If he had then Indiana would certainly not be interested in trading him for Hayward.

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2020, 08:11:56 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hayward our three firsts this year Langford and Edward to Indy.

Oladipo and Turner to Boston.

I've seen versions of that suggested. As a Celtics fan, I love it. Not so sure about the Pacers fans...

Mike
Honestly curious: why are so many people so high on Oladipo? He’s had one great year and been dealing with some serious injuries the last two seasons. If they do trade Hayward to Indy, I’d rather they try and pry Brogdon somehow tbh.
Yeah, I don't get the love for Dipo. He hasn't shown that he'll return to that All-Star form

If he had then Indiana would certainly not be interested in trading him for Hayward.

You’re all right, of course.  That said, he’s shown flashes, and Hayward is an injury risk himself.   Langford + three #1s might be too much, but I’d explore the possibilities.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2020, 11:45:24 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I got a crazy one but want people's thoughts on it. It's an all in trade and very unlikely to happen. It's based on rumors KAT is still unhappy and wants out. So if the Wolves want to get Wiseman, move KAT and rebuild how about ...

KAT and Johnson
for
Smart, Hayward, VP, all three first this year, a future first, and swap rights in another future year.

It's an all in move but KAT fits the team's window and a need.

Starters
Walker, Brown, Tatum, GW, KAT

Bench
Wanna, Langford, Johnson, RW, Theis.

Hopefully one could get some ring chasing FAs to sign and improve the bench. Given the cap after Covid it might be more options of guys coming in for a run.

So is it too much for KAT? Do you feel KAT will never be moved? Would you be on board for this trade? Also do you like a Russell and Smart backcourt with boat load of picks for Wolves + the cap relief?

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2020, 12:16:38 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I got a crazy one but want people's thoughts on it. It's an all in trade and very unlikely to happen. It's based on rumors KAT is still unhappy and wants out. So if the Wolves want to get Wiseman, move KAT and rebuild how about ...

KAT and Johnson
for
Smart, Hayward, VP, all three first this year, a future first, and swap rights in another future year.

It's an all in move but KAT fits the team's window and a need.

Starters
Walker, Brown, Tatum, GW, KAT

Bench
Wanna, Langford, Johnson, RW, Theis.

Hopefully one could get some ring chasing FAs to sign and improve the bench. Given the cap after Covid it might be more options of guys coming in for a run.

So is it too much for KAT? Do you feel KAT will never be moved? Would you be on board for this trade? Also do you like a Russell and Smart backcourt with boat load of picks for Wolves + the cap relief?
I don't think we can get KAT for that sort of package - he's just a rung or two down from the best offensive players in the league as a big man with GOAT level three point shooting for a 7 footer, strong scoring overall and good playmaking.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2020, 07:22:22 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Which teams are good trading partners for the Celtics or have assets that we might want?

Detroit Pistons have the 7th pick, Derrick Rose and Svi Mykhailiuk as potentially interesting assets.

Could we trade up to 7 with our 3 first rounders and snag Rose in the process?

14 + 26 + 30 + Daniel Theis + Carsen Edwards + Vincent Poirier for 7 + Derrick Rose?

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2020, 07:23:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Which teams are good trading partners for the Celtics or have assets that we might want?

Detroit Pistons have the 7th pick, Derrick Rose and Svi Mykhailiuk as potentially interesting assets.

14 + 26 + 30 + Daniel Theis + Carsen Edwards + Vincent Poirier for 7 + Derrick Rose?
I feel like they'd probably ask for Langford and let us keep Theis and VP in such a deal. Not sure I'd do it as Rose is not quite the bench-shooter I want (definitely a good bench scorer though)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2020, 10:09:26 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I feel like they'd probably ask for Langford and let us keep Theis and VP in such a deal. Not sure I'd do it as Rose is not quite the bench-shooter I want (definitely a good bench scorer though)
Massive overpay either way unless Terry/whoever our FO rates to be a lottery talent is getting picked at #7 or so and won't last until #14.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2020, 12:16:20 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Let's go bat manure crazy.

Assuming Anthony Edwards is the #1 overall pick.

To GSW:
Gordon Hayward, #26

To Boston:
Andrew Wiggins, #2

Yeah, the Andrew Wiggins contract is extremely terrible, and he's another wing, who's flawed, but getting the #2 means we are in line for James Wiseman.

The Warriors replace Wiggins with Hayward, who's probably a better fit for them, but not as much upside that Wiggins offers. And since he's an attractive expiring deal, too, we only have to let go of the 26th pick instead of the 14th.

Who do you think says no? Full disclosure, I did say this trade could be bat manure crazy, so tread as you must.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2020, 01:27:05 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

To GSW:
Gordon Hayward, #26

To Boston:
Andrew Wiggins, #2

Yeah, the Andrew Wiggins contract is extremely terrible, and he's another wing, who's flawed, but getting the #2 means we are in line for James Wiseman.

The Warriors replace Wiggins with Hayward, who's probably a better fit for them, but not as much upside that Wiggins offers. And since he's an attractive expiring deal, too, we only have to let go of the 26th pick instead of the 14th.

Who do you think says no? Full disclosure, I did say this trade could be bat manure crazy, so tread as you must.
Both say no.  We don't want Wiggins or his bad contract and Wiseman would take years to develop.  Ainge will be looking to improve our chances for making the finals next season not reduce them. 

Boston's Hayward isn't much of an upgrade on Wiggins.  His expiring contract isn't beneficial to GSW since they have so much money on the books.  Someone like Jrue Holiday would be a better target.  They've also got the Minny 2021 1st (top 3 protected) so they could try to pry a top level  star loose. 

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2020, 03:01:10 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I've got a different one.

Celtics get: Lavert, Allen, and Prince.
Nets get: Kanter, Hayward, and a 2021 first

Kyrie Irving wanted to play with Hayward back to the Cleveland days before Lebron went back. Hayward is a better professional than Lavert and Prince, giving the Nets a more reliable wing for the playoffs. Unlike Lavert he can play comfortable off ball and is a reliable defender.

The Celtics get Allen, a player who has shockingly lost his starting position to DeAndre Jordan. They also get a rotation player in Prince.

I imagine a deal like this would divert Lavert to a third team in need of wing scoring. Maybe the Cs could get back a future pick or another rotation guy that fits better with the core.

Even without Lavert, getting a 3D wing and good big like Allen would fill out the roster much better for the Cs. This also gets them out of the luxury tax for another year.

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2020, 03:11:02 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I've got a different one.

Celtics get: Lavert, Allen, and Prince.
Nets get: Kanter, Hayward, and a 2021 first

Kyrie Irving wanted to play with Hayward back to the Cleveland days before Lebron went back. Hayward is a better professional than Lavert and Prince, giving the Nets a more reliable wing for the playoffs. Unlike Lavert he can play comfortable off ball and is a reliable defender.

The Celtics get Allen, a player who has shockingly lost his starting position to DeAndre Jordan. They also get a rotation player in Prince.

I imagine a deal like this would divert Lavert to a third team in need of wing scoring. Maybe the Cs could get back a future pick or another rotation guy that fits better with the core.

Even without Lavert, getting a 3D wing and good big like Allen would fill out the roster much better for the Cs. This also gets them out of the luxury tax for another year.

Actually, change that. If we could work a sign-and-trade with Harris instead of Lavert, I think both teams would be more interested. It would also mean no Kanter because Harris' value is going to be closer to 10m than Lavert's 16m.

Harris, Prince, and Allen for Hayward. Both teams would be better.

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2020, 03:22:37 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Reality check, there aren't any trades out there that anyone is going to take, unless we are giving up JB or JT.  Probably, our best trade chip is MS, and no one wants to get rid of him at this point!

We have to hope, that, RWill, Romeo, and GWill develop further and Kemba's knee is healthy.

Kemba, JB, JT, GH, RWill is a really nice starting five.

MS, GWill, Romeo, Theis, and others are the bench and maybe you move MS into the starting five and GH to the bench, 6th man style.

I don't know, but I'm still happy with this team.  They need to get lucky on some injuries, or should I say, not having any.

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2020, 03:36:03 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
If Robert Williams is our starter, then we in deep trouble
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2020, 05:03:01 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174

To GSW:
Gordon Hayward, #26

To Boston:
Andrew Wiggins, #2

I think The Warriors say no. It's probably a very good trade for the Celtics but it makes the Celtics salary situation untenable.

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2020, 08:00:59 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
No way we can afford Wiggins.  We would have to trade Kemba Walker to make this trade work from a cap standpoint.  It is too much to take on in order to get the 2nd pick.

No chance.