Author Topic: Anyone see pic of the Joker?  (Read 29708 times)

Re: Anyone see pic of the Joker?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 02:40:26 PM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
I like it...I want a gnarly sinister clearly and obscenely psychotic joker...I want crappy make-up and lots of guts...I want a joker with make-up like Sig Haig in House of 1000 corpses...that kind of demented less finished...more crazy/dark/twisted kind of look.

And to prepare Heath Ledger for the role Nolan gave him a a copy of "The Killing Joke" to read. Ledger described his role as the Joker as "more nuanced and dark and more along the lines of 'a Clockwork Orange' kind of feel. Which is... what the comic book was after: less about his laugh and more about his eyes". So I can't wait to see how it comes out.

I also really like that...if Nolan has any sense he won't make this joker resemble Jack nick's at all.

While I'm still not convinced that this pic is real, I'm a big fan of the scars in the shape of a smile.  It seems like something the truly psychotic Joker would do to himself. The Killing Joke is a classic, and if Ledger draws his inspiration from that, all the better.

It's real. Although I don't work at Warner Bros. so I can't have any inside knowledge of the company, I'll say it is 99.9999% certain the pic is real for a few reasons.

1) In the last couple of months there have been supposed "leaked" photos of Ledger as the Joker. In each instance, websites and people with contacts inside of Warner Bros. were able to get word from Warner Bros. within hours that those pictures were fake. This current photo of Ledger has been on the website since Saturday and the same people and websites contacting Warner Bros. haven't been able to get a response on the photo either way. Warner Bros. are playing coy. They wouldn't do that if it was fake.

2) I don't know if people know how the picture of the Joker became unveiled but this is  how it happened. Warner Bros opened a site: http://IBelieveInHarveyDent.com On the site is a campaign poster for Harvey Dent for district attorney. Three days later a site popped up IBelieveInHarveyDentToo.com. On the site was the same campaign poster but it was vandalised with black rings around his eyes and a Joker smile painted on, with the word "Too" painted over the word "Dent". Underneath that was a place to enter your e-mail address and a place to enter the verification code listed. Once you did that you got a message saying "You have 5 minutes to check your e-mail and play the game".

You receive an e-mail from tragicpast@ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com  with the message "I always say, you never know what a man is truly made of until you peel the skin off his face one piece at a time. Here is your chance to help." and the e-mail gives you a link and a set of X and Y coordinates. The link goes to the vandalised Harvey Dent poster with two boxes underneath to enter your X and Y coodinates. Once you enter it a little blood spot hits the poster on that coordinate and that 3x3 pixel area is undercoved to show that spot of the Ledger Joker picture. It took 30,000+ responses to uncover the entire picture, in about 20 hours or maybe a little less.

And a few points about the sites:
-The Ibelieveinharveydent.com site went live on May 17th.
-The Ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com site was registered on May 14th. Three days before the other site went live.
-The Ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com site went live on May 20th. Only three days after the other Harvey Dent site went live, and it used the material on the site and created a very interactive flash site with lots of cool sayings and interactions, with a very detailed design down to the font used and the blood splattering designs. It was professionally done. And it also had this very realistic picture of Heath in Joker makeup. That's very hard to do in three days. Plus the site received an insane amount of traffic and it never had any glitches, or slowdowns, or had to go offline because of excessive traffic. For a site to handle that much traffic without going down I bet it would cost a lot of money, more money than a simple pranker would pay.

Right now if you go to http://IBelieveInHarveyDentToo.com site the picture is taken down and the site says: "Page Not Found" in red letters. But if you highlight the page there is a string of "HAHAHA" throughout the entire page with an occational non-"HA" letter. When you string those letters together it says, "See you in December." The site SeeYouInDecember.com was registered a couple days ago before this "HAHA" change happened by 42 Entertainment. Here's a little blurb about them:

So who is behind all this? It looks to be 42 Entertainment, the company which previously created the "I Love Bees" promotion for Halo 2 and "Year Zero" for the Nine Inch Nails album "Year Zero." The company just registered SeeYouinDecember.com yesterday, so stay tuned.

So it seems they're doing the online promotion for the Joker and The Dark Knight.

So with all these happenings I'm very certain Warner Bros was behind all this and it is not a fake picture. With the obvious main reason being that WB hasn't rejected the picture even though it's been out for 4 days already.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 02:47:44 PM by Moneyshot »

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 02:57:34 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Could be, and personally I hope so, because I like the pic.  Still, here are some thoughts others posted at aintitcool.com

I said it last night after checking the domain names for both sites. http://www.aintitcool.com/talk back_display/32723#comment_151 8370 check that link for me sayign that. If you want to prove it to yourself. Find someone who does a WHOIS lookup for domain names, and find the registration info. for the site Ibelieveinharveydent.com it was registered on may 11th, and is registered to Warner Bros. The second site which iss the fake pic Ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com is registered to DomainsByProxy, INC. a known email spam database dead domain forwarding company. The people who actually participated in this just got themselves included in a spam database. 2.7 million people duped into giving out email addresses(this is accounting for those who may have used alternate or 10 minute mail addresses) AICN is very readily duped by these kinds of elaborate scams. They need better fact checkers on the site for the millions of pounds of crap they receive. And as for everyone out there who says "i've worked with photoshop for years, this is fake" etc. I say this: of course it's photoshopped, almost all publicity shots are to some extent. it's not like the program is completely unknown except to a few elite people with access to it.

Uh, I think the joker site is fake for a simple reason. If you go to the harvey dent site, it is ibelieveinharveydent.warnerbro s.com. The joker site is just ibelieveinharverydenttoo.com If warner bros put that on the first site, the "hacked" site would still have it too. take it from an novice web designer

I already told you it was fake, the site is nothing more than a mass email collection scam by a dead domain fowarding company in scottsdale arizona. THe registration info for the original dent site is for warner brothers, so is the admin contact, anyone who knows how to use a WHOIS look up could tell you that. The second is registered to a company called DomainsbyProxy, Inc. They are known email collectors. An elaborate hoax is not beyond spam kings. And AICN is historically easily duped into thinking something's official. They need to have better source checkers on this site, Especially if it is web based. And of course it's photoshopped. All publicity shots, fake or real are photshopped a bit. Some more extensively than others. God, you people will believe anything... CHECK YOUR SOURCES!

oh and the registar info states the sites were registered almost 4 days apart, the supposed joker site was registered less than 24 hours after the dent site from warner brothers launched. Dent site: May 11th launched same day, Fake Joker site: May 14th, launched May 16th. IT'S FAKE

Here's an article on the issue, as well.

EDIT: Also, a possible reason why the site may have been taken down is due to a cease and desist letter from Warner.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 02:59:53 PM by Roy Hobbs »

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 03:01:50 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Also, here's a short fake trailer with no sound:

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 03:12:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
It's real. Although I don't work at Warner Bros. so I can't have any inside knowledge of the company, I'll say it is 99.9999% certain the pic is real for a few reasons.

1) In the last couple of months there have been supposed "leaked" photos of Ledger as the Joker. In each instance, websites and people with contacts inside of Warner Bros. were able to get word from Warner Bros. within hours that those pictures were fake. This current photo of Ledger has been on the website since Saturday and the same people and websites contacting Warner Bros. haven't been able to get a response on the photo either way. Warner Bros. are playing coy. They wouldn't do that if it was fake.

2) I don't know if people know how the picture of the Joker became unveiled but this is  how it happened. Warner Bros opened a site: http://IBelieveInHarveyDent.com On the site is a campaign poster for Harvey Dent for district attorney. Three days later a site popped up IBelieveInHarveyDentToo.com. On the site was the same campaign poster but it was vandalised with black rings around his eyes and a Joker smile painted on, with the word "Too" painted over the word "Dent". Underneath that was a place to enter your e-mail address and a place to enter the verification code listed. Once you did that you got a message saying "You have 5 minutes to check your e-mail and play the game".

You receive an e-mail from tragicpast@ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com  with the message "I always say, you never know what a man is truly made of until you peel the skin off his face one piece at a time. Here is your chance to help." and the e-mail gives you a link and a set of X and Y coordinates. The link goes to the vandalised Harvey Dent poster with two boxes underneath to enter your X and Y coodinates. Once you enter it a little blood spot hits the poster on that coordinate and that 3x3 pixel area is undercoved to show that spot of the Ledger Joker picture. It took 30,000+ responses to uncover the entire picture, in about 20 hours or maybe a little less.

And a few points about the sites:
-The Ibelieveinharveydent.com site went live on May 17th.
-The Ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com site was registered on May 14th. Three days before the other site went live.
-The Ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com site went live on May 20th. Only three days after the other Harvey Dent site went live, and it used the material on the site and created a very interactive flash site with lots of cool sayings and interactions, with a very detailed design down to the font used and the blood splattering designs. It was professionally done. And it also had this very realistic picture of Heath in Joker makeup. That's very hard to do in three days. Plus the site received an insane amount of traffic and it never had any glitches, or slowdowns, or had to go offline because of excessive traffic. For a site to handle that much traffic without going down I bet it would cost a lot of money, more money than a simple pranker would pay.

Right now if you go to http://IBelieveInHarveyDentToo.com site the picture is taken down and the site says: "Page Not Found" in red letters. But if you highlight the page there is a string of "HAHAHA" throughout the entire page with an occational non-"HA" letter. When you string those letters together it says, "See you in December." The site SeeYouInDecember.com was registered a couple days ago before this "HAHA" change happened by 42 Entertainment. Here's a little blurb about them:

So who is behind all this? It looks to be 42 Entertainment, the company which previously created the "I Love Bees" promotion for Halo 2 and "Year Zero" for the Nine Inch Nails album "Year Zero." The company just registered SeeYouinDecember.com yesterday, so stay tuned.

So it seems they're doing the online promotion for the Joker and The Dark Knight.

So with all these happenings I'm very certain Warner Bros was behind all this and it is not a fake picture. With the obvious main reason being that WB hasn't rejected the picture even though it's been out for 4 days already.

I believe that. I think its real, or at least the image is.

Uh, I think the joker site is fake for a simple reason. If you go to the harvey dent site, it is ibelieveinharveydent.warnerbro s.com. The joker site is just ibelieveinharverydenttoo.com If warner bros put that on the first site, the "hacked" site would still have it too. take it from an novice web designer

That guy was just dumb..thats not true at all.

oh and the registar info states the sites were registered almost 4 days apart, the supposed joker site was registered less than 24 hours after the dent site from warner brothers launched. Dent site: May 11th launched same day, Fake Joker site: May 14th, launched May 16th. IT'S FAKE

I fail to see a correlation that would be conclusive to one site being fake here either.

EDIT:
Also, I did a whois search and it (ibeleiveinharveydenttoo.com, seeyouindecember.com) is registered to domainsbyproxy.com

What is domainsbyproxy.com? They register the name on godaddy or whatever then lease you the name at a premium. The advantages of using this service is nobody can tell who the site is registered to or who controls it, as domainsbyproxy.com keep thier name on it to the public. Yes, spammers use this service, but Im sure other people do too (like ****ographers). The fact that the site is registered to domainbyproxy.com is by no means a logical deterrent in any way that the site is somehow endorsed by warner bros. com or that the heath ledger pic is a fake. This could full well be an elaborate, extremely targeted underground marketing scheme. Kudos to whoever thought it up if this is the case.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 03:27:34 PM by IndeedProceed »

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 03:23:12 PM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
Yeah, I saw that trailer thing. Some kid on a message board made it.

But, the Joker site was purposely not put up on a Warner Bros site. They were trying to give the effect that the Joker actually made the site. Also, the couple sources that always get the inside info on Warner Bros Batman movie related news are saying with 100% certainty that the pic is legit. I'll trust them with this unless soemthign new comes up.

Plus if it was a mass e-mail collecting scam I bet Warner Bros would have immediately released something denouncing the site and distancing themselves from it for obvious reasons. And that site used an image straight from the WB site to collect e-mails with. I bet Warner Bros would take some kind of legal action against that (the WB has been known to threaten and have sites taken down for using stuff from their movies without permission). Also, they have yet to say the image is a fake (and an original image used for the manip, if it is a fake, has not been found yet, which always happens within a day). If this whole thing was a giant scam Warner Bros, for business reasons, would have to say something. That's my opinion at least.

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 05:35:06 PM »

Offline aQua

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
I have it on good authority that this is a picture of ManUp, taken on the draft lottery night, held this past week.  :D
Sitting on a park bench....

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 12:36:14 AM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
Here's a another new pic of the Joker being shot with an IMAX camera from usatoday.com:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/default.htm

Here's one in his mask before you see his Joker face for the first time:

Here's the entire article:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2007-05-28-dark-knight-firstlook_N.htm

Apparently they are going to be filming four scenes in IMAX, the first film to be partly shot in the IMAX format. One scene being the introduction of the Joker. "You can't do this on any home theater," Nolan says. "Batman has some of the most extraordinary characters in pop culture. We wanted the Joker to have the grandest entrance possible."

Man, I can't wait for this movie.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 12:38:39 AM by Moneyshot »

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 03:14:29 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Im not usually a superro movie fan, but i honestly am looking foward to this movie now. From what i've seen (not much) its seems like an extremly dark potrayal, i like.

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007, 07:17:13 PM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
For anyone who is still interested in the Joker's look here are some fan pics of the Joker during shooting that have been posted online in the last couple days. Also, they are going to be attaching a teaser for The Dark Knight with some of the showings of the Simpsons movie on July 27. I'm sure that'll make it's way online very soon around that time. I also posted a pic of the Joker's vehicle, which is a semi. I've heard some cool things about the shoot they did with it. And I also included a link to the video of Heath as the Joker that was shown on a local Fox channel in Chicago. Batman fans should get a kick out of these pics:

And here is the first video of the Joker, it was on a Fox news channel in Chicago. It's Heath talking and laughing between scenes with crew members. I think the big (gashed) smile looks great from this distance when he laughs. The video you can select to the right of this one doesn't work for me but it is the first 10 seconds of the report and it has Heath fooling around riding a skateboard between scenes in his Joker makeup:

http://stage6.divx.com/user/odiin/video/1422953/Heath-Ledger-as-the-Joker-02

EDIT: removed pics since official ones are out.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 07:14:00 PM by Moneyshot »

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007, 07:28:31 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Nice.  This is one of those movies that I'm genuinely excited to have come out.  Hopefully, they don't kill the Joker off at the end of this one.

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 10:01:15 PM »

Offline Bigredfan33

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 26
I was floored when they choose Heath Ledger.  I was like can a pretty boy like him pull off the Joker?  I too want to see this film badly as I enjoyed the first one immensely and have always enjoyed Bale's work and the intensity he brings to his characters.

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007, 09:19:52 PM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
There is a new viral marketing site that has been posted, like the ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com site which showed the first picture of the Joker. G4 was doing a report from Comic Con and gave out the site address. It is: http://www.whysoserious.com

There is a countdown which I assume will have the Dark Knight teaser at 9am tomorrow. Although it doesn't say what will happen at the end of the countdown but the message is cool. It also give coordinates which someone looked up and said was in San Diego which is where Comic Con is at. Overall I like the viral marketing campaign they are doing, it's pretty creative.

I saw the teaser that will be shown at some Simpson movie premiers tonight online but it was filmed with a cellphone camera so the quality is poor, and it keeps getting taken down for copyright violations. It has no video from the movie but you here a couple lines from Ledger, and he sounds weird. I just want to hear it in good quality though.

EDIT: the coordinates given is in San Diego.

EDIT: This was added to the whysoserious.com site under the "Uncle Sam/ Joker poster":
"Listen friends. Jobs like this have to be earned. You will need to commit about an hour of your time. There will be challenges online and on the ground - You will need to work in crews with people on the streets talking to people online. Anyone applying for this position will have to show up when the countdown hits zero."

Very cool marketing campaign going on. Can't wait to see what happens.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 12:07:11 AM by Moneyshot »

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 02:43:44 PM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
This game that is going on on that site and at that location is awesome! There is only a couple more checkpoints and they have used telephone numbers, Morse code, and many riddles and questions to get the answers. And the site has give on this pic of the Joker and Rachel. Looks to be the first pic taken from the movie:

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 07:15:17 PM by Moneyshot »

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 07:55:01 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Here's the teaser trailer:

[youtube=425,350]boIhrBtsj-Y[/youtube]

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 09:41:16 PM »

Offline Moneyshot

• Brad Stevens
Here are some new stills from the movie that no one knows where are from. Someone just started posting them on message boards and no one knows if WB leaked them or someone else. They look like the stills they post on their official pages. But they are pretty awesome:
[EDIT: WB has notified the comic message board where the pics were first posted and told them that they cannot post these pics. It seems that they were not meant to be leaked onto the web. So I've removed the links to the pics here]

[EDIT 2: here's the explanation for the leaked photos:
These were to be used on some of the upcoming viral marketing sites. Instead, they leaked.

Someone at Warner Bros. had them on their computer, copies were made, they were originally posted on someone’s MySpace page, the Brazillian site got them and then fan sites started posting copies.

Warner Bros. went [nuts] and started sending cease and desists to the fan sites all within the course of about four hours. It is amazing how quickly in an evening their legal team jumped into action to suppress the leak.

Well I guess this spoiled the surprise/rewards that the viral sites give out. But, the sites are still very cool on there own without the rewards so they will still be enjoyable to see.]

All of these images were in the footage showed at Wizard World Con in Chicago last week where they showed 3 minutes of footage (but it never leaked to the web). Here is a description from the footage in Chicago:

The footage started with a silhouette of a dark figure in front of one of Batman’s armored vehicles before quickly cutting to Bruce Wayne and Alfred delivering the brief lines heard in the “Dark Knight” teaser trailer.

“Some people just want to watch the world burn,” advises Alfred before the camera jumps to Batman in action on the Batpod, the new iteration of his motorcycle.

The action built up as the Joker was seen in full for the first time with a mess of white face, smeared red lipstick and sweaty, straggly green hair. Apparently, the clown prince of crime gets arrested at one point in the film, as the montage presented Jim Gordon (complete in SWAT gear) at the Joker’s booking, saying, "no prints, no ID, custom clothes, no tags.” The clown smiles with what appears to be blood over his face from the inside of an interrogation room.

Checking back in with Bruce Wayne, the billionaire playboy has a brief scene with Eckhart’s Harvey Dent where he says “Rachel’s told me everything about you.”

“I truly hope not,” responds Wayne.

The footage sped up at that point into an intense montage of action, featuring the following clips:

- The new batsuit rising up from a trap door in the ground and held in a chain metal case.

- Rachel Dawes (played by Maggie Gyllenhaal) close to an unidentified man either kissing him or being threatened by him as the camera rotates around them.

- The Joker and Batman battling in close quarters (possibly a holding cell). Batman throws Joker over a table and crashing into the ground while the clown smiles at him. It should be noted that the Joker was done up in his signature purple suit.

- Plenty of big, bold Batmobile action including a shot where the tank-like car drives through a wall of flame. In fact, flames were pretty much everywhere in the footage as it appears Joker does actually make the world burn.

- There is also a shot of a somewhat grim-faced Joker walking across a city street mercilessly firing a machine gun as well as a television close-up of the Joker laughing hysterically.

- The Joker destroying the Bat signal with an axe.

- A frightened person's shirt is lifted up and a blinking light can be seen through his skin (a bomb).

- Two major additions to the speculation that Two Face will appear in the film came in the form of a single shot of a spinning 50 cent piece and the final image: after the action montage has slowed down, the camera cuts to a bartender looking at Harvey Dent, whose only onscreen presence is his left shoulder and a bit of a reddish-purple scarred neck. “Dent! I thought you were dead!” the man gasps, to which Harvey replies, “Half.”

Also, everything coming out about Ledger's performance is VERY positive. Everyone who has seen him acting on set has been gushing about it. Here are some reactions by people  who've seen him act:

As regards to how Heath Ledger *seemed* as the Joker, he seemed like he WAS the Joker, and didn't need to let anyone know it - rather contained, but ready to explode at any moment in an unexpected fashion. Menacing, but more because he seemed like he was probably crazy, and maybe violent, rather than that he was TRYING to scare you. (and by the way, all he did during the scenes I was in was sit in his holding cell, reacting and listening...so, he's a very fine actor if I imbibed all this from just watching him sit there...) He didn't talk a lot between takes, but he also wasn't "Don't approach me!" in his manner - a real pro, in other words.

In short, he seemed just like the Joker SHOULD seem.

Christian Bale's take:

"It's much more anarchic, punk rock, almost junkie version of it," says Bale of Heath Ledger's disturbing take on Batman's deadliest foe. "He's that kind of psycho kid that just will do anything and has absolutely no conscience and morals — I think they've done a real nice job with his look. It's certainly a whole lot more dangerous; there's a bit of Clockwork Orange there, a bit of Sid Vicious, a whole lot of great, anarchic personalities blended within The Joker.

Ledger himself says he'll be playing it "very sinister", while the Nolans —- now completely trusted with Warner Bros' iconic property — have the freedom to explore even shadier areas of Batmans' psyche, as waging a vigilante war takes it's toll. With Alan Moore's excellent graphic novel Batman: The Killing Joke also informing the ethos, expect The Dark Knight to be lean and mean.

And a bunch of media was allowed on set to witness some shooting and to interact with the cast and crew but they cannot talk about what they've seen until the WB gives them the ok (which took several months during the Batman Begins shooting) so the only remarks one of the people who was present there has said is: "Ledger is going to blow everybody away with his performance," and "I have no idea how they are going to be able to top this one." The expectations are indeed being set very high.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 01:27:14 AM by Moneyshot »