Author Topic: What trade do you think Danny is working on?  (Read 30182 times)

Re: What trade do you think Danny is working on?
« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2019, 11:39:04 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Love for Hayward and a late 1st

think you have it backwards.  I would think about hayward for love sand a first
i think ainge loves all the celtics players.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2019, 04:13:50 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Brown for Griffin!

« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2019, 04:34:38 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I'm hoping its for a young talented big. I'm not I'm the club that wants Jaylen traded, but if he is the centerpiece I want someone who can play for the Celtics for years. Maybe a Myles Turner (picks to even it out.) Somebody who could space the floor and lock the paint out.
#JKJB

« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2019, 05:33:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Finding Haywards next team that will let a decent center go

« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2019, 07:51:48 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Ainge will always listen and if he thinks it will be an upgrade, Ainge will pull the trigger.

Right now the Celts can't do anything major because there's not enough cap space for a big trade.

So maybe in January or February, when guys like Theis, Poirier, and Wanamaker can be traded, Ainge will make a move to upgrade the team.

« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2019, 09:30:25 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
If Romeo shows well right off the bat.

Brown for Sabonis

« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2019, 09:45:05 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
If Romeo shows well right off the bat.

Brown for Sabonis

I've also brought up that trade idea in the past.
It's a trade that helps both teams.

But I don't think it will depend on how Romeo plays.
I think it will depend on how much money Jaylen Brown wants.

There's ZERO chance Ainge will give Brown max money.
So only way Brown stays with the Celts is if Brown settles for what like LeVert got from Brooklyn.
If not then Brown will be gone on or before the trade deadline.

« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2019, 10:10:19 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Probably none.

Ainge hasn't made a big trade since the Kyrie deal back in the summer of '17.

Before that, he hasn't made a big trade deadline deal since the Perk/Green fiasco in 2011.

There was the Isaiah trade in 2015, but that one also kinda fell in his lap since the Suns were just giving guards away and he practically didn't have to give anything up.

I'm thinking the team we have now is one we'll have for a little while. And I'm okay with that, except we need one more big.

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2019, 11:40:52 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Probably none.

Before that, he hasn't made a big trade deadline deal since the Perk/Green fiasco in 2011.

There was the Isaiah trade in 2015, but that one also kinda fell in his lap since the Suns were just giving guards away and he practically didn't have to give anything up.

I'm thinking the team we have now is one we'll have for a little while. And I'm okay with that, except we need one more big.

Ainge didn't make any big moves since 2011 because he was all in on Anthony Davis.

Unfortunately that didn't work out.

« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2019, 11:42:17 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Probably none.

Right on Target. I want to see us stay with this group and let them grow together like Golden State did after drafting Curry, Thompson, Green, etc.
We do need to add a couple of pieces to eventually win titles, but don't be stupid about it like the Perk/Green fiasco that I believe cost us Banner 18.
We also need Robert Williams to develop into a starter-level talent.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2019, 11:47:25 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Probably none.

Right on Target. I want to see us stay with this group and let them grow together like Golden State did after drafting Curry, Thompson, Green, etc.
We do need to add a couple of pieces to eventually win titles, but don't be stupid about it like the Perk/Green fiasco that I believe cost us Banner 18.

That would've been possible if Ainge didn't sign Kemba.

Kemba is 29 years old.

Celts are in win now mode.

There's very little time to grow together as Hayward and Kemba are all approaching 30.

Celts must be fighting for a championship within 2 years.
Otherwise the Celts will have to start another quasi rebuild.

This season the Celts are one piece away from being an elite team.

« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2019, 11:51:50 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
That does seem strange.  Let me offer this:

Towns and Wiggins for Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward, Robert Williams, Romeo Langford, Carson Edwards, and Yabusele.

We may need to include more salary to get that to work. Theis? Other?

I'll get killed for that, but what the heck....

It's not that crazy.  If you believe Towns is a generational talent he's worth taking on Wiggins.  Wiggins could always be dumped at some point if necessary.

A trio of Towns/Tatum/Kemba could be pretty nasty.  Figure out the rest later.

I want no part of Karl Townes. He is lazy, does not play defense and is not a competitor.

By saying I want these guys to grow together, I meant we should be solid title contenders within 2 years, absolutely. Tatum, Brown and Smart already have 2 years together - they are not starting from scratch. Last season was a setback for their development individually and as a team. I just don't want Danny Boy to panic and make a destructive trade, which he has done in the past.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 12:00:56 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2019, 10:46:21 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Probably none.

We also need Robert Williams to develop into a starter-level talent.

I would agree. May sound crazy but I wouldn't mind Stevens starting Enes at the 4 and Robert at the 5. JB and Hayward start and Tatum is the sixth man.

« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2019, 10:48:32 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
That does seem strange.  Let me offer this:

Towns and Wiggins for Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward, Robert Williams, Romeo Langford, Carson Edwards, and Yabusele.

We may need to include more salary to get that to work. Theis? Other?

I'll get killed for that, but what the heck....

It's not that crazy.  If you believe Towns is a generational talent he's worth taking on Wiggins.  Wiggins could always be dumped at some point if necessary.

A trio of Towns/Tatum/Kemba could be pretty nasty.  Figure out the rest later.

I want no part of Karl Townes. He is lazy, does not play defense and is not a competitor.

By saying I want these guys to grow together, I meant we should be solid title contenders within 2 years, absolutely. Tatum, Brown and Smart already have 2 years together - they are not starting from scratch. Last season was a setback for their development individually and as a team. I just don't want Danny Boy to panic and make a destructive trade, which he has done in the past.

I must respectfully disagree. KAT is definitely a franchise player and someone who would be a championship piece. But, I've begun giving up on trade targets (like the failed AD pursuit) and just seeing how things play out. That way you don't get your hopes up and then get disappointed. One thing I do find interesting this season is we'll see out of JB/JT/GH who plays well and who's not quite up to par. One of the 3 will be the odd man out because they all play the same position (though Jaylen can also play the 2.)  Time will tell.

« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2019, 10:51:40 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
A trio of Towns, Tatum and Walker would be awesome..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin