Author Topic: Jamal Murray  (Read 7493 times)

Re: Jamal Murray
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2019, 02:15:10 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
This thread hasn't aged very well...
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2019, 08:18:25 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
This thread hasn't aged very well...

Yeah, that didn't take long.

Murray still has star potential, I think, but I am really glad we're not on that roller coaster right now.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2019, 09:42:20 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Murray has gotten way more playing time....   Ill still take Brown on our team.   He fits a need better and plays better D and can rebound better.  Murray vanished again for playing so much.   
Diggles

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2019, 09:45:44 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I was a Bender / Murray guy.

Still think Bender could have had a much better start to his career if he had been drafted by a decent organization.

Murray looks absolutely great at times, but at other times he slumps hard.

Remains to be seen if he ends up better than Jaylen.

My opinion on the matter is basically the same as before they were drafted ... Jaylen has better physical tools, but it's a lot easier for guys to earn starting roles with high usage in the NBA if they are good at navigating a pick and roll and can create pull up jumpers, especially from 3.  Murray has the easier path to star-caliber production than Jaylen.

Does that mean Booker would be even better if drafted by a better organization.    Is is possible that Bender is not as good or didn't want it as bad?  Every player has to work on their game....or is the organizations fault?     
Diggles

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2019, 01:55:36 PM »

Offline alt

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 25
I was a Bender / Murray guy.

Still think Bender could have had a much better start to his career if he had been drafted by a decent organization.

Murray looks absolutely great at times, but at other times he slumps hard.

Remains to be seen if he ends up better than Jaylen.

My opinion on the matter is basically the same as before they were drafted ... Jaylen has better physical tools, but it's a lot easier for guys to earn starting roles with high usage in the NBA if they are good at navigating a pick and roll and can create pull up jumpers, especially from 3.  Murray has the easier path to star-caliber production than Jaylen.

Does that mean Booker would be even better if drafted by a better organization.    Is is possible that Bender is not as good or didn't want it as bad?  Every player has to work on their game....or is the organizations fault?     

No doubt, Booker's development was arguably more negatively affected than Bender's. The last two years were an absolute disgrace. Trying to make him a primary ballhandler/playmaker. Giving him way too much to do on offense, way too many ball-handling responsibilities. Booker must have played maybe 30 minutes of defense in his last 100 games. Increasing the share of 2 point jumpshots in his shot-selection - in his 4 years in the league, the percentage of 10-16 ft shots has increased every year. Percentage of triples has actually declined.

He was a magnificent cutter out of college - but he handles the ball so much, This season he shot 32% from 3. Atrocious for a guy who had Rip Hamilton/Reggie Miller  talent at floppy action squaring up.

Booker is so talented he still managed to increase his overall efficiency and scoring volume in spite of this, but there's a lot left on the table. He plays dumb basketball and if Phoenix was a more competitive team, I'd expect his numbers to decline as he'd face tighter defenses more time.

Booker should be developed with Ray Allen from the Bucks/Sonics as the model; instead they've been developing him as Kobe Bryant or LeBron James and that makes him a worse player.

Big organizational failure.

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2019, 02:02:41 PM »

Offline alt

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 25
Murray's talented but dreadful defensively and has a terrible shot selection if/when he's allowed to dribble instead of just catching Jokic passes. Even that 4th quarter in game 2 that he scored 24 points or whatever it was, made 8 baskets in a row, maybe 1 of those 8 shots was a good one. A worse version of Devin Booker.

Malone needs to get more minutes to that Torrey Craig guy. Not sure where that guy comes from but he's an excellent defender, the only perimeter defender on the Nuggets that isn't too small or too soft. Needs him all the time out there to slow down DeRozan and White.