Author Topic: Last Minute of Game 2 (Pacers)  (Read 3008 times)

Re: Last Minute of Game 2 (Pacers)
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 11:39:59 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
So help me god nobody turn this into a Kyrie argument but I was glad to see us get it done in a different way than leaning on his clutchness. We need that unpredictability and we need multiple guys that defenses have to worry about late. And the 4 guys involved in those 3 buckets are the main ones to do it. Especially Tatum.

The end of that game really reminded me of the end of our 3 close Sixers wins last year. We just steadily turned the screws on them until they imploded under the pressure. Indy's not as good as Philly but they are more experienced, so good to see.

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2019, 12:43:32 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Because crunchtime is a different animal. Teams shut down the passing lanes and watching on tv, you can't really tell how much space they have, and you can't tell when players fake like they don't see a pass coming only to make a steal. That's why you can't abandon iso, and I don't know why yall always say that. Plays are almost always broken, then they go to the next option while you think that was the first option watching on tv.

The number 1 weakness of the Celts with the 2017 team and earlier was they had nobody that was ABLE to iso. Now that they have multiple players that can...yall chastise them for it.

If plays always worked, you wouldn't need much talent and yall know better than that.

Where did anyone ever say plays always worked?

The rest of your post doesn't make much sense to me. You seem to be saying that abandoning the playbook in crunchtime is necessary because defenses get tougher but isn't that all the more reason to run plays, which are designed to puncture that defense?

For the life of me, I will never understand why every post is taken as an argument or personal assault against someone's intelligence or something.

Maybe I'm just adding on to what people are saying?

Gotta problem with everything...yall do know that nothing you say is gonna change a thing, right?

My goodness, man. Skin is so [dang] thin
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:49:07 PM by Triplenickle »

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 12:56:25 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Because crunchtime is a different animal. Teams shut down the passing lanes and watching on tv, you can't really tell how much space they have, and you can't tell when players fake like they don't see a pass coming only to make a steal. That's why you can't abandon iso, and I don't know why yall always say that. Plays are almost always broken, then they go to the next option while you think that was the first option watching on tv.

The number 1 weakness of the Celts with the 2017 team and earlier was they had nobody that was ABLE to iso. Now that they have multiple players that can...yall chastise them for it.

If plays always worked, you wouldn't need much talent and yall know better than that.

The rest of your post doesn't make much sense to me. You seem to be saying that abandoning the playbook in crunchtime is necessary because defenses get tougher but isn't that all the more reason to run plays, which are designed to puncture that defense?

For the life of me, I will never understand why every post is taken as an argument or personal assault against someone's intelligence or something.

Gotta problem with everything...yall do know that nothing you say is gonna change a thing, right?

Um, what? You made a point, someone else disagreed and made a counterpoint. That is how a constructive conversation works. Playing the victim card just makes it seem like you have nothing else to contribute.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 01:01:06 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622

See the things I bolded in your post. These kind of things make it personal, perhaps that is why you feel attacked.

BTW, I thought Big3323's response was pretty benign...

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2019, 01:28:11 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

I think you have me confused with your straw man.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2019, 01:37:41 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Celtics made some great plays with great ball movement, aggression and hustle at key moments. I just wish they would string together 40+ minutes of playing like that per game.