Author Topic: Celtics chances of making the Playoffs increasing even more.  (Read 8353 times)

Re: Celtics chances of making the Playoffs increasing even more.
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 12:36:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

One last thing......does anyone on this board have anything good to say about the C's or is this some kind of disguised Laker board?????

Yup..."I do ....our team sucks ......but the Lakers team sucks even more .

Lottery team on both coasts

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2014, 12:55:18 PM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Lol.

That's all I have to really say but I'll expand just for fun.

Thinking the Cs would make playoffs this year prior to his injury seemed idiotic to me. Thinking PG's injury makes the chances better just sounds plain stupid. I fear for the Celtics this year. I don't know how many times I have to pull one of these out of my hat but here's a "realistic" prediction for the playoffs this year based off last year and off-season additions IMO:

CHI
CLE
ATL
CHA
WAS
MIA
TOR

That's seven. Indy was always in there for me. W/Out Lance and PG I doubt they can make the playoffs...Ewing Theory doesn't account for two all-star level players like that. Still, Celtics are far from assuming that spot. BKN, NYK, and even DET are ahead of us. Frankly, I've lost faith in DA but I'm reserving my full-out giving up until next summer if we don't make a splash.
Lol Detroit... LOL BROOKLYN?!?!

Yes. I'm laughing that you think it's incorrect. Please, stop being a homer. Be a realist.

Who was in playoffs last year? Brooklyn. Who's record was eerily similar to Boston's last year? Detroit. Who has a better organized team? Detroit. People make me laugh on this board, they seriously do.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2014, 01:20:28 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't think it's completely ridiculous to think the Celtics make the playoffs, particularly since it's the east.

i'm not happy with the off-season. but this team does have a lot of things going for it regardless of weather we think so or not.

- Brad Stevens 2nd season. still an unknown as to just how good or bad of a pro coach he may be.
- Sully, KO, Smart, Young. all are unknowns, no one knows yet how good or bad they'll be. as much as they may think they know.
- Rondo healthy. I personally think Rondo will have one of his best seasons because he kind of has to for a number of reasons.

the success or failure of this team lays squarely on those factors imo.

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 01:47:15 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
what fun is it to make the playoffs just because everyone else sucks?

watching the playoffs is fun if you think theres a chance your team could run the table and go all the way.  that wouldnt be the scenario here, we'd be in the playoffs to fill a slot.
Greg

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2014, 02:03:30 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Lol.

Thinking the Cs would make playoffs this year prior to his injury seemed idiotic to me. Thinking PG's injury makes the chances better just sounds plain stupid. I fear for the Celtics this year. I don't know how many times I have to pull one of these out of my hat but here's a "realistic" prediction for the playoffs this year based off last year and off-season additions IMO:

CHI
CLE
ATL
CHA
WAS
MIA
TOR

That's seven. Indy was always in there for me. W/Out Lance and PG I doubt they can make the playoffs...Ewing Theory doesn't account for two all-star level players like that. Still, Celtics are far from assuming that spot. BKN, NYK, and even DET are ahead of us. Frankly, I've lost faith in DA but I'm reserving my full-out giving up until next summer if we don't make a splash.

Yes. I'm laughing that you think it's incorrect. Please, stop being a homer. Be a realist.

Who was in playoffs last year? Brooklyn. Who's record was eerily similar to Boston's last year? Detroit. Who has a better organized team? Detroit. People make me laugh on this board, they seriously do.

The nets barely made the playoffs last year.   Now Pierce is gone,  KG is (sad as it is to say)  to old to be effective,  while the guys who are arguably their best players (Deron and Lopez) still can't get healthy.  Even when he is healthy, Deron is a shadow of his former self.   Joe Johnson is petty much the only player in that team worth anything right now.   

Rajon Rondo is an upgrade over everybody on the nets roster, Marcus Smart could very well have a better season that Deron,  and Joe Johnson these days Isnt much better than Jeff Green.   

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2014, 02:12:18 PM »

Offline DarkAzcura

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 100
Lol.

CHI
CLE
ATL
CHA
WAS
MIA
TOR

You aren't being a realist, though.

Your posts reek of typical "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. You are not giving the Celtics a fair shake because of some unknown expectations you had for Danny Ainge one year out of rebuilding.

You even had the mentality to say Detroit, a team who signed Josh Smith as a SF and recently hired a coach with no GM experience as president, a more organized team. Whatever that means. It's pretty clear you aren't being realistic, and you are really pessimistic and clouded for whatever reason.

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 02:19:01 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
I feel that Washington's the new Indiana...they will give LeBron's Cavaliers a challenge.

Chicago has never been ready healthy.

fixed.

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
I feel that Washington's the new Indiana...they will give LeBron's Cavaliers a challenge.

Chicago has never been ready.

The Bulls NEVER had World Champion Pau Gasol either!!!

Smitty77

*World Champion Pau Gasol that played alongside Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum.

Now that he's a few years older past his championship days, he looks fragile, injury prone and about to become a washed-up. I mean, if it was MARC Gasol, then I can see the Bulls picking teams apart in the East!!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2014, 04:11:06 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Paul George suffered a compound fracture of both his right tibia and fibula, underwent surgery for two hours, and will be hospitalized for 2-3 days according to the Indy Star.

Multiple reports have indicated the surgery went well and that there was no additional damage on top of the broken bones. That said, Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports reported that he was likely out for the season, which isn't terribly surprising as most folks have been wondering how he'll look in the following season and not this upcoming one. Rodney Stuckey, C.J. Miles, Solomon Hill and C.J. Watson are all going to be called on to fill the void by George's potentially career-altering injury.

Source: Candace Buckner on Twitter

Efff that. I feel terrible for him.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.