Author Topic: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI  (Read 41419 times)

Re: Super Bowl LII: NE vs. PHI
« Reply #285 on: February 05, 2018, 05:06:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Love Dion Lewis and James white but I absolutely hated how all year long McDaniels would constantly run right up the gut with a 5ft8 rb
I have no problem with that. It worked more often than not.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #286 on: February 05, 2018, 05:59:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Either way, I don't think we're doing much arguing. For the record, I think Foles was a lot better vs. Minn than in the SB... and he had a 75% completion rate vs. Atl so I don't know how you count that as mediocre; vs. Oakland he was just plain bad.

Foles had a 47.4 QBR against Atlanta; compare to 93.5 against Minnesota and 88.6 against New England.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #287 on: February 05, 2018, 05:59:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Love Dion Lewis and James white but I absolutely hated how all year long McDaniels would constantly run right up the gut with a 5ft8 rb

Lewis and White are both nice but I think they could have used a bigger power runner to play the role Blount played in previous years.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #288 on: February 05, 2018, 06:57:37 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Lewis and White are both nice but I think they could have used a bigger power runner to play the role Blount played in previous years.
Lewis can make a lot more yards between the tackles than Blount because he makes people miss. If you want someone to make a yard and not fumble the ball, you always have Brandon Bolden on the roster too.

All in all, I feel like the run is mostly a function of how well the OL plays. Remember Jonas Gray?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:50:43 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #289 on: February 05, 2018, 07:00:56 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Either way, I don't think we're doing much arguing. For the record, I think Foles was a lot better vs. Minn than in the SB... and he had a 75% completion rate vs. Atl so I don't know how you count that as mediocre; vs. Oakland he was just plain bad.

Foles had a 47.4 QBR against Atlanta; compare to 93.5 against Minnesota and 88.6 against New England.
Not a big fan of ESPN's QBR. QBs are supposed to pass and I have no use for running, penalties, and all that other crap that goes in total QBR. Foles' passer rating was 100.1 QBR vs Atl, 141 vs Minn and 105 vs NE, and that's pretty great in my book.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:07:20 PM by kozlodoev »

« Reply #290 on: February 05, 2018, 07:18:15 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Not a big fan of ESPN's QBR. QBs are supposed to pass and I have no use for running, penalties, and all that other crap that goes in total QBR. Foles' passer rating was 100.1 QBR vs Atl, 141 vs Minn and 105 vs NE, and that's pretty great in my book.

Foles was awesome. Watch the game again if you don't think so. Check out how many times he put the ball where only the receiver could get it.

« Reply #291 on: February 05, 2018, 07:52:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Foles was awesome. Watch the game again if you don't think so. Check out how many times he put the ball where only the receiver could get it.

Are we talking about the Super Bowl?  Because, again, he was barely pressured.  Most QBs look awesome when not under pressure.

Even when the Pats forced him out of the pocket, they could barely get a finger on him.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #292 on: February 05, 2018, 08:13:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Are we talking about the Super Bowl?  Because, again, he was barely pressured.  Most QBs look awesome when not under pressure.

Even when the Pats forced him out of the pocket, they could barely get a finger on him.

I disagree. Even with a relative lack of pressure, most QBs aren’t going to hit their passes with the crispness, touch and accuracy that Foles did. He put the ball exactly where it needed to be.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #293 on: February 05, 2018, 08:30:02 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

I disagree. Even with a relative lack of pressure, most QBs aren’t going to hit their passes with the crispness, touch and accuracy that Foles did. He put the ball exactly where it needed to be.

I felt like their receivers made a whole lot more plays than the Pats' too.  Which is weird to say on a day the Pats got over 500 yards in the air.  If the ball was near their hands, they caught it. 
Yup

« Reply #294 on: February 05, 2018, 08:33:14 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
There are fans who'd love to see their team lose three Super Bowls, let alone win one, let alone five. We're blessed fans, but [dang it] when we lose we lose HARD. A hard loss like this, let alone three, should grant us the right to flaunt the success when it happens again. Shore up the defense and the Pats should be right here again next year.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #295 on: February 05, 2018, 08:36:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
http://www.weei.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/details-about-malcolm-butler-situation-starting-emerge

However bad that week of practice was, it can't be worse than what Bademosi gave them. Still doesn't make any sense.

« Reply #296 on: February 05, 2018, 08:51:01 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
http://www.weei.com/blogs/ryan-hannable/details-about-malcolm-butler-situation-starting-emerge

However bad that week of practice was, it can't be worse than what Bademosi gave them. Still doesn't make any sense.

What do you think of the narrative that benching Butler crushed the morale of the defense? If so, that could explain why they weren't able to stop the Eagles at all last night.

« Reply #297 on: February 05, 2018, 09:04:38 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I felt like their receivers made a whole lot more plays than the Pats' too.  Which is weird to say on a day the Pats got over 500 yards in the air.  If the ball was near their hands, they caught it.
Alshon Jeffery's TD was absurd.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #298 on: February 05, 2018, 09:20:25 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

What do you think of the narrative that benching Butler crushed the morale of the defense? If so, that could explain why they weren't able to stop the Eagles at all last night.
I don't know about the morale, but I'm shocked that Patricia, who was announced as the Lions HC the day after the SB, didn't just put Butler in when it was clear that the D needed someone, anyone to make a play.

« Reply #299 on: February 05, 2018, 09:23:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Weird, that's how I felt about Amendola and Gronk. I can't think about a situation when I though, dang, I wish our guys made that play.