Author Topic: Cavs pursuing George Hill  (Read 5391 times)

Re: Cavs pursuing George Hill
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 01:12:15 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So IT is heading back to the Kings...JK
no. They want Hill to back up and play with Thomas.

My guess is something like Thompson and Shumpert for Hill and Randolph.

That sounds really exciting for Sacramento. Why would they even consider this?
because George Hill is still owed 40 million after this year and he has been terrible for them.  Randolph is stillness 25 million after this one and isn't worth that either.  Shumpert can opt out this summer bit either way is way cheaper than Randolph.  Thompson is overpaid a bit, but isn't as overpaid as Hill, is younger, and is far more likely to revert back to prior years form.

Put it this way, which team is going to give them anything of greater value than that for those two guys?

I'm not even sure Thompson cares about basketball anymore to be honest. He has a god awful contract
his per36 numbers are essentially identical to last year and that is with him being rusty from the injury.  I think if you get him a change of scenery he should bounce back a bit.  And I'd rather pay Tristan Thompson 16 million for the next two seasons than George Hill 20 million for the next two seasons from a purely contract standpoint (though Hill fits better from the Cavs perspective than Thompson does).

No, from a purely contract standpoint Thompson is owed more money. TT's contract is guaranteed through 2019-2020 (two more seasons). Hill is only guaranteed 1 million for 2019-2020.

I like the Sacramento Kings' structure w/George Hill $20m, $19m, $18m, last year only $1m guaranteed @BBallInsiders

https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/884841842742763520
I am aware.  I just don't think the Kings are going to do better than someone like Tristan Thompson for George Hill given his age and his contract number. 

It makes zero sense for the Kings to take on more long-term money, especially for a player that is of no use to them. Effectively, Hill is only under contract for one more year, if Thompson is the best they can do, then the Kings would be better serve to just keep Hill.

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 01:29:12 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I don't think LeBron was ever committed to IT. How long has it been rumored Cav's looking for a PG now? They should just add IT to the package of hill

It really would be fascinating if they moved him, but I honestly believe it is impossible give his impending free agency and lack of production since coming back

He is an expiring contract, so a team will take him for that reason alone.

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 01:50:54 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst
Here it is.  Picks need to sweeten it up, but Sacto gets better salary/contracts, LAC gets young pigs and rids themselves of Beverly, and Cavs get DJ and Hill.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7y7o67j
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 01:54:03 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Here it is.  Picks need to sweeten it up, but Sacto gets better salary/contracts, LAC gets young pigs and rids themselves of Beverly, and Cavs get DJ and Hill.

"young pigs"?  Why would the clippers make that trade? 

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2018, 01:56:48 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I don't think LeBron was ever committed to IT. How long has it been rumored Cav's looking for a PG now? They should just add IT to the package of hill

It really would be fascinating if they moved him, but I honestly believe it is impossible give his impending free agency and lack of production since coming back

He is an expiring contract, so a team will take him for that reason alone.
Teams will take IT but no one is going to give up anything significant for him. 

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2018, 02:06:24 PM »

Offline miraclejohan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • Green 18 or Burst

"young pigs"?  Why would the clippers make that trade?

Lol my fault. Young BIGs. LAC does it to get younger while remaining competitive and turning the page on Jordan’s contract. LAC isn’t beating gsw and needs to look to 2-3 years from now imo. Also gets rid of injured Beverly too. Sacto gets better, shorter contracts back instead of Hill.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:15:12 PM by miraclejohan »
Green 17 vol. 1-4  available here: https://miraclejohan.bandcamp.com/

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
When I look up cancer and when I look up punk the same picture comes up

Who would want him?

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2018, 02:33:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
So IT is heading back to the Kings...JK
no. They want Hill to back up and play with Thomas.

My guess is something like Thompson and Shumpert for Hill and Randolph.

That sounds really exciting for Sacramento. Why would they even consider this?
because George Hill is still owed 40 million after this year and he has been terrible for them.  Randolph is stillness 25 million after this one and isn't worth that either.  Shumpert can opt out this summer bit either way is way cheaper than Randolph.  Thompson is overpaid a bit, but isn't as overpaid as Hill, is younger, and is far more likely to revert back to prior years form.

Put it this way, which team is going to give them anything of greater value than that for those two guys?

I'm not even sure Thompson cares about basketball anymore to be honest. He has a god awful contract
his per36 numbers are essentially identical to last year and that is with him being rusty from the injury.  I think if you get him a change of scenery he should bounce back a bit.  And I'd rather pay Tristan Thompson 16 million for the next two seasons than George Hill 20 million for the next two seasons from a purely contract standpoint (though Hill fits better from the Cavs perspective than Thompson does).

No, from a purely contract standpoint Thompson is owed more money. TT's contract is guaranteed through 2019-2020 (two more seasons). Hill is only guaranteed 1 million for 2019-2020.

I like the Sacramento Kings' structure w/George Hill $20m, $19m, $18m, last year only $1m guaranteed @BBallInsiders

https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/884841842742763520
I am aware.  I just don't think the Kings are going to do better than someone like Tristan Thompson for George Hill given his age and his contract number. 

It makes zero sense for the Kings to take on more long-term money, especially for a player that is of no use to them. Effectively, Hill is only under contract for one more year, if Thompson is the best they can do, then the Kings would be better serve to just keep Hill.

I agree with this. Thompson is a net negative given his terrible contract. They would be better off letting him expire