Author Topic: Ellis Hobbs on ESPN  (Read 1390 times)

Ellis Hobbs on ESPN
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:32:02 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
My impression of Ellis Hobbs increased measurably as a result of his not taking parting shots at the Pats or BB.

From Mike Reiss:
Former Patriots cornerback Ellis Hobbs was a guest on ESPN's "First Take" program today, and ESPN.com AFC East blogger Tim Graham posts video of the appearance.

While Hobbs now says his heart is in Philadelphia, he didn't take any parting shots at the Patriots. Instead, in what was one part of the interview that stood out, he unexpectedly jumped to Bill Belichick's defense (with 1:10 left in segment).

After answering a question about how he'd some day like to be an animator for Disney, Hobbs was asked by host Dana Jacobson what type of Disney character Bill Belichick would be.

"Bill gets a hard time amongst the media, amongst you guys, and in the public," he said. "If anything, I'd say he's like the Hunchback of Notre Dame without the face and the hunchback. Rough exterior, but he has a kind heart and he means well. He just goes about it differently. ... Everybody has him all wrong."

Looking back, Hobbs also said he regretted one situation from his time in New England -- when he called out the team's fans.

"I didn't handle that situation the right away, now looking back on it," he said.
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2009/04/hobbs_belichick.html
Celtics fan for life.

Re: Ellis Hobbs on ESPN
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:45:38 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
why would he take shots? he's a third string CB that was starting under BB and the Pats.