Author Topic: Abdel Nader (merged threads)  (Read 86030 times)

Re: nader filling up stats -a double double
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2017, 02:11:47 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
I've watched Nader a bunch of times - I briefly spoke to him once as I walked by the bench, was very pleasant - might go see the Claws tomorrow, too.

He is good at almost everything so far.

His size is impressive, as is his length.

He is aggressive attacking the rim, his speed is excellent for his size. He's a little loose with the handle sometimes, and might have some trouble splitting NBA defenses, though his raw strength should help. He is a very strong rebounder, he has a knack for it, reminds me a little of Evan Turner in that regard.

Good court vision, solid passer.

Good stroke for 3's. Can hit contested shots to an extent.

Doesn't have much of a pullup/fadeaway yet, but really a well-rounded player otherwise.

Fairly strong, can finish around the rim.

Can guard multiple positions, doesn't get pushed around by big men. Lots of potential on defense with his length and footspeed. Reminds me a little there of Tayshaun, Rick Fox, or Robert Horry.

Probably a better prospect so far than Mickey or Rozier (both of whom I like a lot). Pretty exciting, he just dominates the game.

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2017, 11:02:26 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
The thing that is appealing to me about Nader is that he is aggressive and confident about applying his basketball skills in order to make plays.  I love that he's shown a wide, versatile set of ways of scoring and creating points from all over the floor.

I suppose he may lack certain 'fast twitch' elite athletic abilities that may explain why he was nowhere near anybody's top prospects lists.

But he has measurably good length and visibly good skills on offense and he hasn't seemed shy about using those skills.   He sees the opportunities on the floor and attacks them.   And so far, against the competition he's been allowed to face, he's getting very positive results.

That's pretty much all we can expect of him to this point.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I've watched Nader a bunch of times - I briefly spoke to him once as I walked by the bench, was very pleasant - might go see the Claws tomorrow, too.

He is good at almost everything so far.

His size is impressive, as is his length.

He is aggressive attacking the rim, his speed is excellent for his size. He's a little loose with the handle sometimes, and might have some trouble splitting NBA defenses, though his raw strength should help. He is a very strong rebounder, he has a knack for it, reminds me a little of Evan Turner in that regard.

Good court vision, solid passer.

Good stroke for 3's. Can hit contested shots to an extent.

Doesn't have much of a pullup/fadeaway yet, but really a well-rounded player otherwise.

Fairly strong, can finish around the rim.

Can guard multiple positions, doesn't get pushed around by big men. Lots of potential on defense with his length and footspeed. Reminds me a little there of Tayshaun, Rick Fox, or Robert Horry.

Probably a better prospect so far than Mickey or Rozier (both of whom I like a lot). Pretty exciting, he just dominates the game.

TP for scouting report. I love first hand accounts like this. 

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2017, 12:59:09 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Back to the topic.  Wow, I thought I was back in my English class in college:-(((

Do we have rights to Nader????

Smitty77
Yes we do.  However, he is not under contract with the Boston Celtics currently and the roster is maxed out at 15. We would have to lose a guy to sign him right now.

nader scores 29 then 25
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2017, 06:14:25 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
abdel nader comes back  to score 29 playing point at 6-8 but has nine turnovers
, then back at wing scores 25 and had only three turnovers,9 assists,2 blocks ,2 steals,7 rebounds
the red claws are a 3pt machine but being a development team for the celts what about stressing defense
you can see periods when nader wants to step it up but if the whole team doesn't play it is ineffective-maybe the fans pay for points but if your going to play for celts better learn to play defense
at d league level nader shoots the three at about 40% and has little trouble in paint and getting to hoop
it seems that nader may turn into a solid bench player-over 80% from foul line,uses the glass well,fall away and mid range-elite wingspan,skilled with either hand which gives him edge over

james young-
young could continue to fill out  and become a nba player-young had length and a shooters stroke but nader has a elite 7-1 wingspan ,shoots 3 pointer with consistency,a good first step and usage of both hands getting to hoop
-he dominates in d league and other teams have taken notice as i saw a write up in a philly blog
we lost dwight powell to mavs this way as a throw in for rondo
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:26:18 AM by rollie mass »

Re: nader scores 29 then 25
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
At this point, I certainly would be willing to package Young as we did Powell.

Nader however, has a chance to be better.  Great size, uses both hands, plays defense...keep the updates coming rollie!!

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2017, 10:01:16 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
We still have the rights to Abdel Nader?

He's in Maine?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2017, 10:11:57 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Going to play devils advocate here and remind everyone that Young absolutey tore up the d league also. His struggles came at the level that matters.

Now that that is out of the way, nader excites me. I could see him being a decent bench guy on our next contender. Great length, decent build, solid mechanics, can drive in a straight line.
#JKJB

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2017, 10:55:04 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
i have noticed an oddity with nader and that his left hand layups make me believe he is ambidextrous  --on foul shots he bounces the ball with his left hand before using his right-right handers bounce the ball normally with right hand
some kids are lefty that got taught basketball as right hander-my son wrote with left played ball predominately with right but layups couldn't tell the difference and was strong with left hand dribbling

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2017, 11:25:22 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
while Nader tearing up D league is better news than if he struggled, it doesn't prove anything.  as many have noticed, pretty much all of our draft picks tear up D league but none of them have really stepped up to be real additions to the C's roster. 

on a related note, I suspect that the confidence to play at the NBA level is probably not lacking with Nader as it seems to be for Young.  Nader seems to want it more -- could be just my limited exposure to his game in summer league.

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2017, 11:26:13 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

He's in Maine?
i believe the celtics have no control over his signing rights and he is free to sign where he wishes. yet, i also believe that a "wink and nod" agreement exists where the celtics will bring him up should he excel, and, a space opens up this year or next.

if so, he has fulfilled his side of the bargain. now the celtics need the space.

finally, whether or not nader can reproduce these impressive numbers in the nba is the question. young looked very good in the dleague. in the nba? not so such.

p.s. good thread rollie. thanks for keeping nader on our collective radar. tp of course.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2017, 11:55:45 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell

He's in Maine?
i believe the celtics have no control over his signing rights and he is free to sign where he wishes. yet, i also believe that a "wink and nod" agreement exists where the celtics will bring him up should he excel, and, a space opens up this year or next.

if so, he has fulfilled his side of the bargain. now the celtics need the space.

finally, whether or not nader can reproduce these impressive numbers in the nba is the question. young looked very good in the dleague. in the nba? not so such.

p.s. good thread rollie. thanks for keeping nader on our collective radar. tp of course.  ;D
This is what I thought too, but now I think that is not quite a complete picture.  The Celtics still own rights to sign him since he is their draftee.  If he wants to sign somewhere else, C's have to give up those rights or try to sign him (most likely for more than another team can offer).  Hopefully someone smarter than me on these matters can confirm this.

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2017, 12:01:58 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Pretty sure that because he never signed a contract of any type with the C's, that they still retain his draft rights!
As far as his play, I have, and still believe he could be a rotation player in the league right now!  I think his current skills are greater than that of Jaylen Brown, though, without the upside.  A total waste having him in Maine.  Sure, if we were in TRUE contention for a title, that would be OK, but to delay his integration into this team for money purposes is ridiculous.
PICK A LANE! ;D

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2017, 12:09:22 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
Pretty sure that because he never signed a contract of any type with the C's, that they still retain his draft rights!
As far as his play, I have, and still believe he could be a rotation player in the league right now!  I think his current skills are greater than that of Jaylen Brown, though, without the upside.  A total waste having him in Maine.  Sure, if we were in TRUE contention for a title, that would be OK, but to delay his integration into this team for money purposes is ridiculous.
PICK A LANE! ;D
His integration is delayed not for money but for roster space.  To sign him to the roster, you have to lose somebody -- Young, Mickey, or Jackson most likely.

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2017, 12:47:52 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
next year with new collective bargaining rules we can sign two players beyond the roster to two way contracts and they can move freely up and back to boston -salary next year for red claw players up from 50,000 to 75,000-the two way would collect nba salary when playing for celtics

back to nader has a rj basketball type of IQ
,young could not take more than two dribbles with right hand

nader is stronger than young ,quicker first step ,better vertical,longer arms  and if you watch him in maine he is aggressive to the basket-good motor
and has nice form and touch on his shots,loves to use the glass -very little shake but nice hesitation-fade away on reverse pivot,euro step but prone to charges
-gets caught in air on kick outs leading to some bad passes,can be turnover prone but that is playing point forward
 he in my view would be a end of bench player now and he would play within himself and take what he gets and knock down open threes with consistency even close to 40+%--

he didn't sign a contract with celts but with red claws that was a concession he made for he felt good enough to go to camp and play in nba-
he turned down bigger money in europe-the celts retain his draft rights as a nba property he can not sign elsewhere