Author Topic: Starting Rotation  (Read 2451 times)

Starting Rotation
« on: May 24, 2008, 04:03:30 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Well, this is mainly stemming from not seeing good performances by Wakefield, so I'm wondering about your thoughts of the Red Sox's rotation.

What players should for part of it? 4 of them are quite clear, Buchholz, Lester, Becket, and Matsuzaka.

What about that 5th spot? Is Masterson the real deal or is he ready? I liked what I saw from Bartolo Colon, but surely we need to see more starts to see what we have here.

Personally, I'd bench Wake, and promote Bartolo for the time being... of course, once Buccholz comes back.

Got to admit that with the Celtics, I haven't been paying much attention to this team, so your input would be appreciated.

Re: Starting Rotation
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 04:24:02 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
It sure looks like Wake will be headed back to the pen.  They need the long man in there anyhow with Tavarez gone.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 01:00:12 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Seems like Wakefield took personally my post, and came back with two very strong outings since I started this thread.

I have to say I'm very happy with our depth with our starting rotation, pitchers keep getting injured, and we don't seem to lose a beat.

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 02:48:15 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Sorry ... but I miss Papi already ... and it's just gonna get worse!  :'(

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *