Author Topic: An Idea to Make CelticsBlog Better!  (Read 3508 times)

An Idea to Make CelticsBlog Better!
« on: March 16, 2010, 07:23:25 PM »

Offline irish_celtic_fan

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 23
Don't get me wrong, I love CelticsBlog.  I visit it far more than is healthy (even more often now that they are giving away so many tickets), and it is the third window I see on my Chrome start page (Firefox is for sissies and Lakers fans).

That being said, I have an idea.  More of a combination of other ideas that have already been initiated, but a unique combination nonetheless.  Given the huge influx of free-tickets (70 and 52 at a time?!?!  Are you kidding me?!?!), why not use them to better the site.  I suggest that Jeff give a pair of tickets to any Blog Member who writes a fan post that makes its way onto the front page.  This should increase the volume and quality of fan posts at a cost that won't even be noticed by the average viewer (who will notice the difference between 70 tickets and 60 tickets available).

This isn't out of my own self-interest (I don't really have the time to write fan posts myself), but I would enjoy reading more of what other fans have to say, and I think this new system would encourage an increased volume of cogent ramblings by CelticsBlog members.  Make it happen, Jeff!  Or tell me I'm an idiot...  It's your blog, you can do what you want...

Re: An Idea to Make CelticsBlog Better!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 06:18:31 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
I've got a creative way for giving away tickets to an upcoming game - to be announced soon
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Re: An Idea to Make CelticsBlog Better!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 06:53:06 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I've got a creative way for giving away tickets to an upcoming game - to be announced soon

TP to Jeff for making this place great!