Author Topic: Celtics (5-1) at Hornets (4-3) Game #7 11/7/19  (Read 32915 times)

Re: Celtics (5-1) at Hornets (4-3) Game #7 11/7/19
« Reply #495 on: November 08, 2019, 12:23:28 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Celtics are somehow a 'quiet' 6-1.  The media said absolutely nothing after this Celtics team beat the Bucks.

Coming up we have a bit tougher schedule with Spurs, Mavericks, Wizards, and Warriors.  If the Celtics can go 3-1 through that stretch, I'd say this team is for real and the media better not fall asleep at the switch.

The Spurs and Mavs are certainly tough, the Wizard and Warriors should be layups.

Some tough games coming up but all 4 games should be fun to watch with this team! Go Celtics!

« Reply #496 on: November 08, 2019, 12:38:06 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'd consider playing Grant Williams on Aldridge, his strength would come in handy, plus he has the brains to hang around with Aldridge's experience and guile.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #497 on: November 08, 2019, 02:44:51 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I'd consider playing Grant Williams on Aldridge, his strength would come in handy, plus he has the brains to hang around with Aldridge's experience and guile.

Aldridge abused Horford in San Antonio last season.

« Reply #498 on: November 08, 2019, 09:03:14 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Yes I know, but that doesn't mean that Grant will get abused by Aldridge. Williams is insanely strong - look at the big centres he guarded failing to back him down.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #499 on: November 08, 2019, 09:12:40 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Make Aldridge a passer, not a scorer. Also, force him to score on hard moves in the low post, not 17 footers. Easier said than done, but that's the recipe.

« Reply #500 on: November 08, 2019, 09:25:19 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Make Aldridge a passer, not a scorer. Also, force him to score on hard moves in the low post, not 17 footers. Easier said than done, but that's the recipe.
That's what Grant can do - he's strong enough to force Aldridge to shoot those midrange turnarounds in the post.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #501 on: November 08, 2019, 10:26:57 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Yes I know, but that doesn't mean that Grant will get abused by Aldridge. Williams is insanely strong - look at the big centres he guarded failing to back him down.

I hope so.

Horford is one strong dude, but Aldridge just kept shooting over him.

« Reply #502 on: November 08, 2019, 10:33:27 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

I hope so.

As strong as Horford was he wasn't able to do what Grant Williams did - guys like Gasol couldn't back Williams down. It's one thing to bump someone off balance and shoot over him, it's another thing to throw up a wild shot when you can't create separation through contact.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #503 on: November 08, 2019, 10:58:00 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

I hope so.

As strong as Horford was he wasn't able to do what Grant Williams did - guys like Gasol couldn't back Williams down. It's one thing to bump someone off balance and shoot over him, it's another thing to throw up a wild shot when you can't create separation through contact.

We'll find out soon.

I'm really hoping for a Celts win in San Antonio.

San Antonio has been beating the Celts in the Brad Stevens era.