Author Topic: Vote NOW for the CB Draft Playoffs, Conference Finals (Q&A Thread)  (Read 33345 times)

Re: Vote on Monday for the CB Draft Playoffs, Conference Finals (Q&A Thread)
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2010, 03:45:38 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Some Notable Maggette Stats

7.9 fta/g. Fourth among all SFs in free throw attempts per game, trailing only Kevin Durant, LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony.

51.6% fg%. Only Nicolas Batum (51.9%) shot better from the field in 09/10 among small forwards.

66.2% at rim. Maggette's driving ability meant a significant chunk of his shots came at the rim, where he finished at a good clip,12th among all small forwards.

27 charges taken. Maggette knows how to draw charges, ranking fourth among small forwards in charges taken.

20.40 PER. Fourth among all small forwards in PER, ahead of such notable names as Danny Granger, Paul Pierce, and Gerald Wallace.

61.5% true shooting. Getting tons of free throws and shooting a high percentage from the field translated into the second-best true shooting percentage among all small forwards.

What team built around using Maggette as the go to guy has won in the playoffs?  Or made the playoffs?

He has made a career as being a stat hanger on bad teams.  How are we suppose to believe he is going to be equal to Lebron in a playoff series?

And why are you not forcing more action through your best player in this?

He isnt my number one guy so im not sure why that is even an issue.  I just think he doesnt get the credit he deserves on this board.  Course the last time he was on a team with a legit MVP candidate they made it a game away from the WCF

When was that?  05-06 when he came off the bench and averaged 24 minutes a game in the playoffs?

Yup and 15.3 ppg and 7.3 rpg in those 24 minutes.  But you can leave those minor details out, its cool.

As a bench player.  A reserve. 

Now, you are selling him as an almost equal to Lebron. 

I see a off the bench role player that can hang stats on a lotto team. 

Where is the use of your best player?

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411

7.9 fta/g. Fourth among all SFs in free throw attempts per game, trailing only Kevin Durant, LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony.

51.6% fg%. Only Nicolas Batum (51.9%) shot better from the field in 09/10 among small forwards.

66.2% at rim. Maggette's driving ability meant a significant chunk of his shots came at the rim, where he finished at a good clip,12th among all small forwards.

27 charges taken. Maggette knows how to draw charges, ranking fourth among small forwards in charges taken.

20.40 PER. Fourth among all small forwards in PER, ahead of such notable names as Danny Granger, Paul Pierce, and Gerald Wallace.

61.5% true shooting. Getting tons of free throws and shooting a high percentage from the field translated into the second-best true shooting percentage among all small forwards.

What team built around using Maggette as the go to guy has won in the playoffs?  Or made the playoffs?

He has made a career as being a stat hanger on bad teams.  How are we suppose to believe he is going to be equal to Lebron in a playoff series?

He isnt my number one guy so im not sure why that is even an issue.  I just think he doesnt get the credit he deserves on this board.  Course the last time he was on a team with a legit MVP candidate they made it a game away from the WCF
Agreed

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2010, 03:53:35 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

When was that?  05-06 when he came off the bench and averaged 24 minutes a game in the playoffs?

Yup and 15.3 ppg and 7.3 rpg in those 24 minutes.  But you can leave those minor details out, its cool.

He started 2/10 games in those playoffs.  7 of those games were against the suns who played no defense at all.  On a Clipper team with Cassel, Mobley, Brand and Kaman all playing very good basketball there was no need for a scoring threat like Maggette to start.  They started Quinton Ross who was by far one of their best defensive players. 

Maggette played 24 minutes and was extremely effective in those minutes. So that puts your,

"When was that?  05-06 when he came off the bench and averaged 24 minutes a game in the playoffs?"

remark into a little better context. 

And my stuff on Dirk is in there, Pick and rolls, Iso Plays, Posting up Ilyasova, its all in there. and in my offensive strategy.  in the 1 argument 1 rebutal thread.  But it sounds like you have your mind made up
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2010, 03:59:11 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

He started 2/10 games in those playoffs.  7 of those games were against the suns who played no defense at all.  On a Clipper team with Cassel, Mobley, Brand and Kaman all playing very good basketball there was no need for a scoring threat like Maggette to start.  They started Quinton Ross who was by far one of their best defensive players. 

Maggette played 24 minutes and was extremely effective in those minutes. So that puts your,

"When was that?  05-06 when he came off the bench and averaged 24 minutes a game in the playoffs?"

And my stuff on Dirk is in there, Pick and rolls, Iso Plays, Posting up Ilyasova, its all in there. and in my offensive strategy.  in the 1 argument 1 rebutal thread.  But it sounds like you have your mind made up

Show me where Magette was the 'important piece' you are making him out to be on a playoff team.  That Clipper team had 4 players you just listed who were better/more important to that team, and it didn't even make the conference finals. 

The stats you are throwing out are the stats he puts up playing a lot of minutes on terrible teams.  Where are those stats when he is playing on a good team? 

You are spending your time talking about a role player where you need to be spending your time talking about you best player. 

Maggette can not beat a Lebron team.  I don't care who is on either team.

But a team built around your best player, if argued right, I can see beating a Lebron team. 

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2010, 04:00:13 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Agreed

Credit for what?  Being a role player?  He is a role player that can score double digits but as a key player, is a stat hanger on bad teams. 

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2010, 04:03:26 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Agreed

Credit for what?  Being a role player?  He is a role player that can score double digits but as a key player, is a stat hanger on bad teams. 

I guess we will find out in Milwaukee this year. 

His ranks in free throws per game, Charges takes, Shooting Percentage all are individual stats that he could put up on Any team good or bad. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2010, 04:03:46 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

What team built around using Maggette as the go to guy has won in the playoffs?  Or made the playoffs?

He has made a career as being a stat hanger on bad teams.  How are we suppose to believe he is going to be equal to Lebron in a playoff series?

He isnt my number one guy so im not sure why that is even an issue.  I just think he doesnt get the credit he deserves on this board.  Course the last time he was on a team with a legit MVP candidate they made it a game away from the WCF

When was that?  05-06 when he came off the bench and averaged 24 minutes a game in the playoffs?

Yup and 15.3 ppg and 7.3 rpg in those 24 minutes.  But you can leave those minor details out, its cool.

As a bench player.  A reserve.  

He started 2/10 games in those playoffs.  7 of those games were against the suns who played no defense at all.  On a Clipper team with Cassel, Mobley, Brand and Kaman all playing very good basketball there was no need for a scoring threat like Maggette to start.  They started Quinton Ross who was by far one of their best defensive players.  

"When was that?  05-06 when he came off the bench and averaged 24 minutes a game in the playoffs?"

And my stuff on Dirk is in there, Pick and rolls, Iso Plays, Posting up Ilyasova, its all in there. and in my offensive strategy.  in the 1 argument 1 rebutal thread.  But it sounds like you have your mind made up

Maggette is a red herring. He shot 40% against LeBron during the last 2 years, he didn't pass the ball, and the only reason he rebounded so well was because nobody else on those teams helped him out. Vlad-Rad led one of those games in rebounding for goodness sake.

You want to use Maggette, its like flipping a 40% coin. You have a 40% chance of getting a bucket, but a 60% chance of getting nothing.

I mean, that's not a bad deal. That's better than house odds. Better than playing black-jack.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2010, 04:06:10 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Maggette is a red herring. He shot 40% against LeBron during the last 2 years, he didn't pass the ball, and the only reason he rebounded so well was because nobody else on those teams helped him out. Vlad-Rad led one of those games in rebounding for goodness sake.

You want to use Maggette, its like flipping a 40% coin. You have a 40% chance of getting a bucket, but a 60% chance of getting nothing.

I mean, that's not a bad deal. That's better than house odds. Better than playing black-jack.

Or better than having Brandon Jennings right.  and when you shoot 51% from the field how is that flipping a 40% coin?

Listen the fact of the matter is, Dirk and lebron are going to get their points. 

the remainder comes up to who do you trust more, Rip and Corey Maggette or Brandon Jennings? 

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2010, 04:13:42 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Or better than having Brandon Jennings right.  and when you shoot 51% from the field how is that flipping a 40% coin?

Listen the fact of the matter is, Dirk and lebron are going to get their points. 

the remainder comes up to who do you trust more, Rip and Corey Maggette or Brandon Jennings? 

Lebron.

Maggette is a stat hanger.

I like Rip as a complimentary player. 

I am a bigger fan of Jennings then others.  Of all the rookie PGs, his team had the biggest upswing and made it to the playoffs.  Throw him with a player of Lebrons skills, I can see him being even more successful.  I see him as a good number 3 guy right now. 

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2010, 04:21:12 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
You say that Jennings is a number 3 guy right now.  but he is number 2 on chicago

Maggette and Rip both averaged more points and shot for higher percentages. 

And are now playing with Kidd who will be setting them up for easy looks.  Just go vote for chicago man if your gonna look at everything through red colored glasses i dont really have a reason to argue anymore.

Jennings shot 37% from the field last year, how can this madness about him being a number 2 offensive option continue!!??!?!

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2010, 04:22:38 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
To Phoenix

How can you expect us to buy that a rookie that has never played a game in the NBA is suddenly an elite stopper? 

To Sac

How do you plan to defend the pick and roll with Howard?  I don't see your big men being able to get up high enough to stop him if he is getting good passes. 

Sacramento's defense will be focused on pressuring Davis, making sure that he doesn't get off clean passes, muscling Howard as far as possible away from the basket, and rotating (Paul Westphal was masterful in getting guys to put forth strong defensive effort).  There are two ways to contest the P&R, either focusing on the PG or the pick-setter.  Sacramento anticipates they'll have more luck with disrupting Davis (or Hedo, in the 10 minutes a game he gets before fouling out. ;))

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2010, 04:25:20 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
You say that Jennings is a number 3 guy right now.  but he is number 2 on chicago

And are now playing with Kidd who will be setting them up for easy looks.  Just go vote for chicago man if your gonna look at everything through red colored glasses i dont really have a reason to argue anymore.

Jennings shot 37% from the field last year, how can this madness about him being a number 2 offensive option continue!!??!?!

Lebron beat a better defensive team with Rip in the past with a weaker number two to get to the finals.  Billups, Rip, Prince and the two Wallace's could not stop Lebron from single handily going to the finals.  How is Rip with lesser defenders around him going to stop Lebron this time?  

Which one of these are better then Jennings?  Larry Hughes.  Big Z.  Gibson.  

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2010, 04:26:32 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
To Phoenix

How can you expect us to buy that a rookie that has never played a game in the NBA is suddenly an elite stopper? 

To Sac

How do you plan to defend the pick and roll with Howard?  I don't see your big men being able to get up high enough to stop him if he is getting good passes. 

Sacramento's defense will be focused on pressuring Davis, making sure that he doesn't get off clean passes, muscling Howard as far as possible away from the basket, and rotating (Paul Westphal was masterful in getting guys to put forth strong defensive effort).  There are two ways to contest the P&R, either focusing on the PG or the pick-setter.  Sacramento anticipates they'll have more luck with disrupting Davis (or Hedo, in the 10 minutes a game he gets before fouling out. ;))

Any hack-a-Howard?

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2010, 04:29:23 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Lebron beat a better defensive team with Rip in the past with a weaker number two to get to the finals.  Billups, Rip, Prince and the two Wallace's could not stop Lebron from single handily going to the finals.  How is Rip with lesser defenders around him going to stop Lebron this time?   

Which one of these are better then Jennings?  Larry Hughes.  Big Z.  Gibson. 

Which of the players on that Detroit team is as offensively talented as Dirk. 

Well balanced teams more often than not beat teams with one superstar and not much else

Kidd
Rip
Maggette
Dirk
Gortat

That is a well balanced team

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2010, 04:31:29 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Lebron beat a better defensive team with Rip in the past with a weaker number two to get to the finals.  Billups, Rip, Prince and the two Wallace's could not stop Lebron from single handily going to the finals.  How is Rip with lesser defenders around him going to stop Lebron this time?   

Which one of these are better then Jennings?  Larry Hughes.  Big Z.  Gibson. 

Which of the players on that Detroit team is as offensively talented as Dirk. 

Well balanced teams more often than not beat teams with one superstar and not much else

Kidd
Rip
Maggette
Dirk
Gortat

That is a well balanced team

True, but only great team defenses have beaten Lebron.