Author Topic: Voting Reminder: The Western Conference Part of the FCB Draft is today!  (Read 27082 times)

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Hey IP,

I'm voting in the entire Southwest Division. Get ready for it.

Houston Rockets Take 1, Take 2, Take 3

Dallas Mavericks Presser

New Orleans Hornets Presser

San Antonio Spurs Presser

Memphis Grizzlies Presser

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Hey IP,

Dallas Mavericks Presser

So much talent, so few playoff spots left for the West...

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Hey IP,

Dallas Mavericks Presser

The best division in basketball is the Pacific vote, therefore you should vote for Pacific teams to make the playoffs. More specifically you should vote for the Warriors.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
The best division in basketball is the Pacific vote, therefore you should vote for Pacific teams to make the playoffs. More specifically you should vote for the Warriors.

Yeah, well I spoke to Sonics Vice President In Charge Of Being Gary Payton, Gary Payton, who says there's no way at least three teams don't make it in from the Northwest.

Then again, he also said this from a Harrah's lounge in Reno with Antoine Walker, so he might have been distracted.

VOTE SEATTLE, OR DEAL WITH MY ULTIMATE DRAFT ENFORCERS LINEUP:

"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Yeah, well I spoke to Sonics Vice President In Charge Of Being Gary Payton, Gary Payton, who says there's no way at least three teams don't make it in from the Northwest.

Then again, he also said this from a Harrah's lounge in Reno with Antoine Walker, so he might have been distracted.

VOTE SEATTLE, OR DEAL WITH MY ULTIMATE DRAFT ENFORCERS LINEUP:

without reading, knowing, or following a thing with this whole draft/league or whatever it is......u get my vote for ur first enforcer!

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

No doubt.

3 Northwest, 3 Pacific, 2 Southwest.  I can't see it going any other way.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Oh man, this was going to be right up there with the Jsaad thread for drama and excitement before those posts got deleted. :(

Never mind they just got moved.  :)

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Oh man, this was going to be right up there with the Jsaad thread for drama and excitement before those posts got deleted. :(

Never mind they just got moved.  :)

Yep, just trying to be fair to the other Western conference GMs.  They're entitled to their time in the sun, while the various feuding GMs duke it out elsewhere.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
vote portland
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Well since it seems to be the trend, Vote Buffalo. We have D12. Then after you vote us to win the Pacific, vote for GS and Phoenix, two other very deserving teams.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Well since it seems to be the trend, Vote Buffalo. We have D12. Then after you vote us to win the Pacific, vote for GS and Phoenix, two other very deserving teams.
The Pacific division is more of a brotherhood less of a division. You have to appreciate our camaraderie and vote our division winner #1 then the other two 4 and 5
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I just read your part B of the Seattle breakdown, and I am actually very surprised... You don't see Tim Duncan vs. Al Jefferson as a win for Seattle?

I think you should read it again, because what I say I think we can actually both agree with.

I don't think you count DUncan over Jefferson as a win. To me offensively Jefferson is a win over Duncan, while offensively Duncan is a win over whoever I have playing center. Its more complicated than just "A or B".

Jefferson as an offensive player plays better than most over Tim Duncan the defensive player. He's gotten 25pts and 9 rbs on 51% shooting. That's pretty awesome.

Now Tim Duncan is a better offensive player than Al Jefferson is a defensive player, so its kind of a "I can't stop you, you can't stop me" situation. Check out teh numbers, they bear out my thoughts on the topic.

Maybe its a TJ Ford vs Rajon Rondo situation but Tim Duncan doesn't dominate Al Jefferson when they play each other. he actually plays a little worse than he usually does.

Also, I'm not taking the leash off Dahntay Jones and letting him just chuck. I'm saying over the course of an 82 game season I expect more then 17 three point attempts when he shot 64% from distance. He will shoot more, not he will shoot nonstop until I forcibly remove him from the floor.

Yeah but when he shoots more do you still expect him to hit above 45% of his 3pters?

What about more than 35%?

Basically I'm asking how many points do you think DJ scores a game? In 06/07 in memphis, he scored 7.5 per game, playing 21 mins per. Do you think he's better than that?

And this tidbit is the reason why I didn't draft him (I think I've shown this around before)

The latest move has been the push to pay Dahntay Jones through his prime kicking and pushing years. It's an awful contract, even at the cheap price of four years and $11 million, because what Jones does is so utterly replaceable.

He gets the reputation as a defensive stopper, but last year's Nuggets were actually better defensively with him off the floor (and way better offensively). George Karl just liked the idea of starting the tough guy over the mercurial J.R. Smith, so he kept up the charade.

Kyle Korver fears no Dahntay Jones.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I just read your part B of the Seattle breakdown, and I am actually very surprised... You don't see Tim Duncan vs. Al Jefferson as a win for Seattle?

I think you should read it again, because what I say I think we can actually both agree with.

I don't think you count DUncan over Jefferson as a win. To me offensively Jefferson is a win over Duncan, while offensively Duncan is a win over whoever I have playing center. Its more complicated than just "A or B".

Jefferson as an offensive player plays better than most over Tim Duncan the defensive player. He's gotten 25pts and 9 rbs on 51% shooting. That's pretty awesome.

Now Tim Duncan is a better offensive player than Al Jefferson is a defensive player, so its kind of a "I can't stop you, you can't stop me" situation. Check out teh numbers, they bear out my thoughts on the topic.

Maybe its a TJ Ford vs Rajon Rondo situation but Tim Duncan doesn't dominate Al Jefferson when they play each other. he actually plays a little worse than he usually does.

Also, I'm not taking the leash off Dahntay Jones and letting him just chuck. I'm saying over the course of an 82 game season I expect more then 17 three point attempts when he shot 64% from distance. He will shoot more, not he will shoot nonstop until I forcibly remove him from the floor.

Yeah but when he shoots more do you still expect him to hit above 45% of his 3pters?

What about more than 35%?

Basically I'm asking how many points do you think DJ scores a game? In 06/07 in memphis, he scored 7.5 per game, playing 21 mins per. Do you think he's better than that?

And this tidbit is the reason why I didn't draft him (I think I've shown this around before)

The latest move has been the push to pay Dahntay Jones through his prime kicking and pushing years. It's an awful contract, even at the cheap price of four years and $11 million, because what Jones does is so utterly replaceable.

He gets the reputation as a defensive stopper, but last year's Nuggets were actually better defensively with him off the floor (and way better offensively). George Karl just liked the idea of starting the tough guy over the mercurial J.R. Smith, so he kept up the charade.

Kyle Korver fears no Dahntay Jones.

Let me preface this entire thing by saying I have had a raging headache all day, and it's completely within the realm of possibility that I just misread what you typed.

I get ya on the Duncan/Big Al thing, the numbers are there, I'm just surprised Duncan isn't tougher on Jefferson. I would imagine if Duncan and Jefferson played in the playoffs, noting Duncan's tendency to turn it up in the postseason, the numbers would favor Duncan more. However, that is mere speculation, and you have the numbers there as being fairly self-explanatory.

I absolutely believe Dahntay Jones can be an 8 point per game player on efficient shooting. He has worked hard at the three point shooting and defense side of his game, and I got him in a fairly late round pick. He has size, can defend, and hit threes. He's a fine backup for Gordon, and possible starter at times if matchups dictate I can bring Gordon off the bench in a 6th man role. Just keep in mind I didn't pay him $11 million or draft him early, so the critique of his real life contract means nothing to me.

JR Smith- Round 3, pick 5

Dahntay Jones- Round 9, pick 16

I would hope the Nuggets were better with Smith then Jones.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
because youre all studios.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural