Author Topic: Miami Heat: Don't buy into the hype! *Video*  (Read 9812 times)

Miami Heat: Don't buy into the hype! *Video*
« on: August 18, 2012, 01:29:06 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI0XEd-jUtE Sorry i cursed, i couldn't help myself :P

Re: Miami Heat: Don't buy into the hype!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 01:33:43 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
perfectly worded. you also forgot to mention we played without JO and Stiemsma had plantar fasciitis so we had to resort to playing hollins.

Re: Miami Heat: Don't buy into the hype! *Video*
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 01:46:52 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Nice video, but the truth is they aren't really being all that hyped since the Lakers signed Dwight Howard.  The fear has been shifted to the West Coast.

I bought everything you said about our chances to beat Miami.  Can you make one that makes everybody feel the same way about our chances against LA?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 01:52:46 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Nice video, but the truth is they aren't really being all that hyped since the Lakers signed Dwight Howard.  The fear has been shifted to the West Coast.

I bought everything you said about our chances to beat Miami.  Can you make one that makes everybody feel the same way about our chances against LA?

I was already planning on it. The heat vid was way overdue tho.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 02:43:08 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I was already planning on it. The heat vid was way overdue tho.

I'm giddy with anticipation.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 05:48:33 AM »

Offline 702Celtics

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI0XEd-jUtE Sorry i cursed, i couldn't help myself :P

TP. Awesome video my friend.

BTW, nice job on the Black Ops videos, those were hilarious too.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 08:28:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Who needs to buy the hype when you have Stern buying the refs though?

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 10:22:17 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Obviously hes a celtics fan, as am I....but the heat hype is pretty justified considering LeBron is by far the best player in the world and seems to have finally "figured it out" yawn @ missing guys like wilcox, green and ray and pierce on one leg (id agree the ab loss was a big one)
still, that means nothing concerning the upcoming season in terms of adding bench depth and those guys coming back...the Heat also got considerbly better on paper

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 10:36:06 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Obviously hes a celtics fan, as am I....but the heat hype is pretty justified considering LeBron is by far the best player in the world and seems to have finally "figured it out" yawn @ missing guys like wilcox, green and ray and pierce on one leg (id agree the ab loss was a big one)
still, that means nothing concerning the upcoming season in terms of adding bench depth and those guys coming back...the Heat also got considerbly better on paper

I never said the heat didn't improve but i don't think they improved more than the celtics did. Also the hype the heat are getting is definitely not justified. If i didn't know any better id say the heat ran through everybody for 3years in a row but no, they won one championship and it wasn't easy *Against the celtics anyways*. My only point is people are acting like the heat can't be touched and i call extreme BULLS*** to that.

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 10:51:17 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

How did they get better? Yeah they added an other spot up shoot(wont mention his name). But did that solve their Center and PG problem?

The way it sounds Wade will play PG to let that OTHER guy start at SG. That doesn't scar me at all. If Miami does the running of the screens plays for that guy not to be mentioned, AB has that, he can track him down. Plus it slows down their offense like we all know and thats better for us.

They also got a guy that hasn't played in like 3 years. Not sure how that will work out.

Celtics have added TWO bench scorers in Terry and Green. Got ride of the 10 screen offense and added Lee who is more well rounded right now than the guy that played last year.

Wilcox is back, they added Colinson, and got a rookie in Sully that can help out now when they are playing the bad teams to relieve to older players some this year. And he can board as well. And if by any blessing of the basketball GODS Melo can help out too. 

So they added a Center that isn't the best, but plays good pick and roll deff(which is what we need to go against Miami). A possible Center in Melo.

Fixed some of the rebounding problems with Sully and Colinson. Green can get some too.

BENCH scoring that has been missing for a couple years, with Terry,Green,Wilcox or Bass, AB or Lee. Just in the Terry,Green,Lee line up for the bench these guys can get us points in any given night. Both Lee and Terry have been getting 14-15 PPG off the bench and no reason that Green can't bring in 10 more, especially playing with Rondo. An actual PG that Miami doesn't have .

So to say "Well Miami has gotten better to" doesn't really scare me, because the Celtics improvements are WAY surpioror than Miamis and the Celtics almost beat them with that banged up, none bench of a team last year.

Lewis who hasn't played in 3 years and the guy that played here last season just doesn't seem like that much of an improvement. Especialy if some one like Wade goes down they replace with some guy, were if PP goes down we replace with Green...

Not too shabby. 

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 11:14:05 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

How did they get better? Yeah they added an other spot up shoot(wont mention his name). But did that solve their Center and PG problem?

The way it sounds Wade will play PG to let that OTHER guy start at SG. That doesn't scar me at all. If Miami does the running of the screens plays for that guy not to be mentioned, AB has that, he can track him down. Plus it slows down their offense like we all know and thats better for us.

They also got a guy that hasn't played in like 3 years. Not sure how that will work out.

Celtics have added TWO bench scorers in Terry and Green. Got ride of the 10 screen offense and added Lee who is more well rounded right now than the guy that played last year.

Wilcox is back, they added Colinson, and got a rookie in Sully that can help out now when they are playing the bad teams to relieve to older players some this year. And he can board as well. And if by any blessing of the basketball GODS Melo can help out too. 

So they added a Center that isn't the best, but plays good pick and roll deff(which is what we need to go against Miami). A possible Center in Melo.

Fixed some of the rebounding problems with Sully and Colinson. Green can get some too.

BENCH scoring that has been missing for a couple years, with Terry,Green,Wilcox or Bass, AB or Lee. Just in the Terry,Green,Lee line up for the bench these guys can get us points in any given night. Both Lee and Terry have been getting 14-15 PPG off the bench and no reason that Green can't bring in 10 more, especially playing with Rondo. An actual PG that Miami doesn't have .

So to say "Well Miami has gotten better to" doesn't really scare me, because the Celtics improvements are WAY surpioror than Miamis and the Celtics almost beat them with that banged up, none bench of a team last year.

Lewis who hasn't played in 3 years and the guy that played here last season just doesn't seem like that much of an improvement. Especialy if some one like Wade goes down they replace with some guy, were if PP goes down we replace with Green...

Not too shabby.

Now you're overhyping the Celtics. Just let the guys play the games and we'll see what happens.

Lewis has played the last three years btw.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 12:33:16 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Video was great. TP.

Miami is a good team and they deserved to win the title but they're just not as great as the media makes them out to be. Sure, they have the undisputed best player in the game but i can see them having a really tough time against the Celtics next year. Here's why.

1) The Miami Heat can't contain Rajon Rondo. It's going to be even harder with all the new weapons he has this season.

2) The Celtics are still a really good defensive team. They make Miami make mistakes possibly better then any other team in the league. Add in two great defensive players in the back court in Bradley and Lee and it's going to be even harder for Miami to get in to their sets.

3) Ray is a solid addition for the Heat but our guys and Doc know his game inside and out. He'll really struggle getting in to a groove against us.

4) Dwyane Wade is still quite good but Lee and Bradley are going to pester and frustrate him all game long. Hopefully he doesnt try to rip on of their arms off.

5) Doc Rivers coaches cicles around Eric Spoelstra

6) The Celtics front court is better. Outside of Bosh Miami is very weak at the 4/5

7) The athletisism of Green, Bradley, Wilcox, Lee gives the Celtics a whole new dimension, a dimension Miami is not accustom to seeing from them. Expect alot more fast break points.

8.) Jason Terry.

9) Very few 3's in the league have the frame and the quickness to guard LeBron. We saw how Durant struggled. We have 2 guys in Pierce and Green with the muscle and the speed to give LeBron a really tough outing.

10) The main reason we lost game 7 is that we didn't have guys good enough to give Pierce/KG proper rest. We now have arguably the deepest bench in the league.

I just don't see Miami as the biggest threat to the Celtics just year. The Lakers/Thunder will probably be tougher outings.

Let us pray to all that is good and holy in the world that Garnett and Pierce can stay healthy. If Miami is going to beat us it's going to have to be in 7 games again. Our group of guys won't go down without a fight.

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 05:22:08 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

Not too shabby.

Yeah I dont care about the heats supposed big men issue...they proved they can win small, and that potentially would come more into play with a matchup against the lakers.
The Heat, in my opinion had an equally good offseason and an impressive one for a defending championship, they were also more banged up then the celtics last season. sorry they just were.
Ill be rooting for the celtics every step of the way but I know they will have to play there best basketball in a potential playoff matchup of this era to get past the heat

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 06:09:25 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
the heat havent figured out rondo and its been years. they'll never outsmart rondo.

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 06:13:08 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I believe the hype. Miami Heat are most likely headed back to the finals thanks in large part to these guys...