Author Topic: Kicking around keep it young ideas  (Read 4968 times)

Re: Kicking around keep it young ideas
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2019, 11:18:37 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Hayward contract killing the team .

Right now its not good to be paying 32 million for the second best sf on the team for now and the future.

Pumped for Hayward’s revenge tour.
Me and you both!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 11:20:04 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Oct. 17, 2017 - the day all of Danny Ainge's plans went up in flames. It just goes to show you how unpredictable the NBA is. Danny had been hitting homerun after homerun and this one incident made all of his efforts useless.

The season was a stinker, Kyrie is leaving, AD couldn't be traded for, and now we are hoping to trade off Horford and Hayward so we can have the kind of young core that teams like Dallas, Phoenix, Sacramento, and Atlanta have. It really is sad.

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 11:22:52 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
How about 22 pick plus yabu for Dwight Powell.
Bring the half fin back home. I am also assuming that Danny would draft a dud... so rather get a young rotation player on a expiring .
I can also be talked into 20 pick for DS Jr

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 11:40:38 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Horford opts out he isn't signing a 3 year deal at $16 million per. That is the equivalent to him staying on his current contract and playing the next two years at money less than the MLE. Say what you want about his age, but Horford's skill set is still one of the most sought after in the league and he has aged very well. If he didn't want to renegotiate and just opts in, he would command much more than MLE money after next year.

Orlando isn't trading a fully healthy, young and still room to grow Gordon for a possibly still struggling to be 100% fully healthy, both physically and mentally, Hayward. If their GM did that the Magic owner should instantly fire him.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 11:50:30 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Brogdon is the only idea I like here. Horford brings so much to the team that is hard to measure. The younger the team gets the more impact Horford has.

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2019, 11:56:52 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I wonder if we could trade him to Portland?

The Blazers have a glaring need for a wing player. And I don't know how they value Gordon Hayward right now, but he would be a good fit. As for us, I don't know what return we can get. Maybe bring back our old friend Evan Turner, along with Meyers Leonard?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Also, Brown and Tatum are untouchable in any trade. (In my opinion)

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2019, 11:59:05 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

The Blazers have a glaring need for a wing player. And I don't know how they value Gordon Hayward right now, but he would be a good fit. As for us, I don't know what return we can get. Maybe bring back our old friend Evan Turner, along with Meyers Leonard?
We might have to sweeten the deal with pick 22 and maybe semi for his defense

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2019, 12:01:10 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If Horford opts out he isn't signing a 3 year deal at $16 million per. That is the equivalent to him staying on his current contract and playing the next two years at money less than the MLE. Say what you want about his age, but Horford's skill set is still one of the most sought after in the league and he has aged very well. If he didn't want to renegotiate and just opts in, he would command much more than MLE money after next year.

Orlando isn't trading a fully healthy, young and still room to grow Gordon for a possibly still struggling to be 100% fully healthy, both physically and mentally, Hayward. If their GM did that the Magic owner should instantly fire him.

Yeah, no way Orlando deals Aaron Gordon. He's a very under the radar player who's only getting better and better.

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2019, 12:04:11 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Hayward is better than those two and we don't get out of cap faster. Yeah it's easier to move Turner and Leonard at the deadline, but who will really want them?

Plus I think Hayward is player option next summer, if he doesn't come around, he may restructure like Horford is talking about doing. Plus I interested to see a Hayward with out Irving, there were glimpses and Hayward played more like his old self.

Plus the guys been int he gym for the last three weeks, he wants to get back to his old self. So has Brown and Tatum. Wheres Irving been....Oh in NY and Jersey....

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2019, 12:05:31 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

Wouldn't touch Evan Turner with a 10 foot pole.

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2019, 12:07:52 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Right now its not good to be paying 32 million for the second best sf on the team for now and the future.

Pumped for Hayward’s revenge tour.
Me and you both!

I second, or third that? LOL

Back to All Star form, League MVP and Finals MVP! LOL

Only be sweeter if Irving joins the Lakers and he does this beating them in the finals. LOL

AH the off season summer drunk fantasy posts....:P

But really., hope Hayward gets his grove back and shuts people down.

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2019, 12:10:34 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Well two young, productive targets for our front court: Clint Capela and Derrick Favors

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2019, 12:11:10 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Hayward is better than those two and we don't get out of cap faster. Yeah it's easier to move Turner and Leonard at the deadline, but who will really want them?

Plus I think Hayward is player option next summer, if he doesn't come around, he may restructure like Horford is talking about doing. Plus I interested to see a Hayward with out Irving, there were glimpses and Hayward played more like his old self.

Plus the guys been int he gym for the last three weeks, he wants to get back to his old self. So has Brown and Tatum. Wheres Irving been....Oh in NY and Jersey....

I just thought it would solve a logjam in our wings department, as there would definitely be a hierarchy now as to who starts. Evan Turner has been good under Brad Stevens too. And if what Meyers Leonard did in the WCF can be replicated on some nights, we got ourselves a pretty decent big.

Just thinking out of the box. 
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2019, 12:48:42 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
That would be a 3yr/52M deal for Horford.  I don't see him taking that.

Why would the Magic make that trade?  Hayward doesn't make them a contender in the East and he eats up a bunch of cap space. 

The Bucks probably match Brogdon offer.  If he walks, they won't have much cap space to replace him.  George Hill is going to be gone.  They've got to keep talent around Giannis.  He only has 2 more seasons until he's a free agent.

here is ALOT of reports stating that Bucks WILL NOT match anything north of 17 mill

I'm not sure how the Bucks profit from making that information public.