Author Topic: 2014 Pick 2: General Commentary  (Read 260389 times)

Re: 2014 Pick 2: General Commentary
« Reply #855 on: March 14, 2014, 07:04:49 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Los Angeles Clippers

Chris Paul | Kirk Hinrich
Wilson Chandler | JR Smith | Kent Bazemore
Nicolas Batum | Matt Barnes
Blake Griffin | Amir Johnson
Robin Lopez | Zaza Pachulia | Jermaine O'Neal

The "Core 4" of this team is just gorgeous: Paul-Batum-Griffin-Lopez fits together about as well as any 4 starters can. I would love to watch this team.

Kirk Hinrich is a great fit, too. Too soon? ;)

While I had my eyes on another guy, I definitely don't mind the Hinrich pick. His toughness and versatility actually fits in well with the rest of my team. I really could assemble countless lineups with this team, with Hinrich (PG/SG), Chandler (SG/SF/PF), Batum (SG/SF/PF), Smith (SG/SF), and Amir (PF/C) in the fold. My wing rotation is the best thing I like about this team, since outside of Smith, they're all plus defenders that no one would want to go up against. Combined with a frontcourt that is able to bring Amir Johnson off the bench, this team can run while still being elite defensively, and you can't field many teams that can do that. I have athleticism, I have speed, I have perimeter shooting, and I have defense - what else could you ask more in today's NBA? How many people want to go up against CP3/Chandler/Batum/Blake/Amir closing out a game?

And I have Kent Bazemore on the bench!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:15:07 PM by rondoallaturca »

« Reply #856 on: March 15, 2014, 09:54:14 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The new look Sacramento Kings and their 3 man rotations at every position.

PG - Isaiah Thomas / Kendall Marshall / Michael Carter-Williams
SG - Eric Gordon / Michael Carter-Williams / Vince Carter
SF - Jimmy Butler / Vince Carter / Wesley Johnson
PF - Dirk Nowitzki / Miles Plumlee / Marcus Morris
C - Demarcus Cousins / Nerlens Noel / Miles Plumlee

Isaiah, Dirk, and Demarcus are all 20 ppg scorers as well as all three in the top 20 of PER on the season (I believe we are the only team with 3 such players in any of those categories, let alone both).

Demarcus has been unstoppable in the post this year.  No player has been able to shut him down, including Dwight, Davis, etc. and that is with the crap at PF in Sacramento.  Put him next to Dirk and he becomes a monster.

Gordon and Marshall are both above 40% from three, Nowitzki and Morris are just under it, while Thomas, Johnson, Carter, and Butler are all good outside shooters and even Demarcus is good from the high post.  There are no weak points offensively with this unit.

Butler is one of the best wing defenders in the league.  Carter adds that element to the bench.  Down low, Noel and Plumlee are rim protectors and/or bangers.  Both can play with either starting big man for a lot of match-up potential

In addition to being an excellent shooter, Marshall is second in the league in assists and apg at 9.5. 

Vince is 37, Dirk is 35, Johnson is 26.  No one else is older than 25 on the team.  The team is probably not a title contender this year, but would be a match-up nightmare for anyone and thus could make some noise, especially with Dirk leading the charge.  However, with the team so young and so talented, the window for it is 10 years, which sets it apart from most of the teams in this thing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #857 on: March 15, 2014, 11:30:58 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
With Noel out, you only have 2 true back up bigs so Cousins and Dirk will have to log heavy minutes.  I checked Cousins and he is only at 32 MPG, but would be more if he didn't get in foul trouble so much.

« Reply #858 on: March 17, 2014, 10:53:39 AM »

Offline Enzzo

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Hey guys, so sorry for my absence. There was an emergency and I've had to go overseas and haven't had access (or time) to jump on here. I still have limited access although I'm hoping to be back home by the weekend. If there's anyone looking to co-GM that would help, sorry for any hold ups because of me.

« Reply #859 on: March 17, 2014, 11:46:15 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Hey guys, so sorry for my absence. There was an emergency and I've had to go overseas and haven't had access (or time) to jump on here. I still have limited access although I'm hoping to be back home by the weekend. If there's anyone looking to co-GM that would help, sorry for any hold ups because of me.

I think the league is over now.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #860 on: March 17, 2014, 12:03:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Not a problem at all, man. Hope all is well.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #861 on: March 17, 2014, 12:50:29 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Stank happens. Hope everything's all good.

« Reply #862 on: October 10, 2014, 02:27:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
2014 Pick 2 New Orleans Pelicans

PG: George Hill/Jameer Nelson/Mario Chalmers
SG: Victor Oladipo/Kobe Bryant/(Mario Chalmers)
SF: Chandler Parsons/P.J. Tucker
PF: Anthony Davis/Brandon Bass/Mike Scott
C: DeAndre Jordan/Enes Kanter

And people doubted that Kobe could come back. This team was one of my best ever in these drafts

« Reply #863 on: October 10, 2014, 04:25:03 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The finished Blazers. Youth in the starters, champions and veteran leadership from the bench.

PG: Lillard/Jackson
SG: Green/Miller/Wroten
SF: Leonard/Prince
PF: ALdridge/Diaw
C:  Noah/Andersen/Perkins

Rotation Minutes:

Lillard (36)/Jackson (12)
Green (30)/Jackson (12)/Miller(6)
Leonard (35)/Prince (13)
Aldridge (38)/Diaw(10)
Noah(34)/Andersen(10)/Perkins(4)

finals MVP. DPOY. 3 champions. 1 runner up. 5th place 6th man. One top 5 in MVP voting one more in top ten. I loved my squad as well.