Author Topic: Wanted to share a project I've been working on.  (Read 7208 times)

Wanted to share a project I've been working on.
« on: August 27, 2019, 09:06:41 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
This little project has been in the works for a few weeks.  My wife, brother-in-law, and I put in a real team effort and I was pretty pleased with the results.

Re: Wanted to share a project I've been working on.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 09:07:13 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
More pics

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 09:08:34 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
Last two!

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 09:46:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Those are beautiful.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 10:29:49 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I never know how to feel about darts.  I mean, you're throwing darts at the Celtics logo!

My wife, brother-in-law, and I put in a real team effort

Lol this sounds like a nightmare.  Argument waiting to happen between me and the wife, while my brother and law does all the work.  I guess you're family works better together than mine.  ;)

Pretty cool.  I like the parquet effect.  How long did it take to do everything?  For the painting the C's logo, did you make yourself a stencil?  And for the love of OCD, why is the logo not centered?

Good stuff though.  TP.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 10:39:06 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I never know how to feel about darts.  I mean, you're throwing darts at the Celtics logo!

Lol this sounds like a nightmare.  Argument waiting to happen between me and the wife, while my brother and law does all the work.  I guess you're family works better together than mine.  ;)

Pretty cool.  I like the parquet effect.  How long did it take to do everything?  For the painting the C's logo, did you make yourself a stencil?  And for the love of OCD, why is the logo not centered?

Good stuff though.  TP.

He's probably one of those crazy SOBs that actually gets along with them LoL

TP captain for the effort

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 02:38:29 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I thought it was a fish tank for a second when the lights were turned on lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 06:51:26 AM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown

Good stuff though.  TP.

We worked on an off again for close to a month, but the actually time put into it wasn't bad.  The biggest part was making decisions on how we wanted it to look, and it kind of kept changing as we went.  My wife and I work pretty well together and my brother-in-law is a very chill dude and experienced woodworker.

We did the logo by projecting an image onto the door and doing a rough trace.  Then my artist wife hand painted from there.  We all agreed that the off-center look worked better, but these things are subjective.

Hopefully it came through in the pictures that it is two-sided.  I have the base on casters so I can switch between playing darts and displaying the memorabilia.

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 07:00:12 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
And so a man-cave begins......