Author Topic: Bucks (7-0) at Celtics (5-2) Game #8 11/1/18  (Read 38584 times)

Bucks (7-0) at Celtics (5-2) Game #8 11/1/18
« on: October 31, 2018, 01:20:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
  at 
Milwaukee Bucks (7-0) at Boston Celtics (5-2)
Thursday November 1, 2018
8:00 PM EST
Regular Season Game #8 – Home Game #4
TV: TNT,  NBCSB, FSN-WI
Radio: 98.5 The Sports Hub,  620 AM/103.3 WTMJ
TD Garden

Probable Starters
PG SG SF
PFC
Kyrie Irving...Marcus Smart... Gordon Hayward
Jayson Tatum...Al Horford

Celtics Reserves

Terry Rozier
Marcus Morris
Aron Baynes
Guerschon Yabusele
Semi Ojeleye
Robert Williams
Brad Wanamaker

Injuries
Daniel Theis
Jabari Bird
Jaylen Brown

Two-Way Players
Walt Lemon, Jr.
P. J. Dozier

Head Coach
Brad Stevens 

Probable Starters
PG SG SF
PF C
Eric Bledsoe...Malcolm Brogdon...Khris Middleton
Giannis Antetokounmpo...Brook Lopez

Bucks Reserves
Sterling Brown
Thon Maker
Pat Connaughton
D. J. Wilson
Matthew Dellavedova
Donte DiVincenzo
Ersan Ilyasova
John Henson
Tony Snell

Injuries

Donte DiVincenzo (questionable)

Two-Way Players
Trevon Duval
Jaylen Morris

Head Coach

Mike Budenholzer

Game Notes
The Celtics welcome the East leading and undefeated Milwaukee Bucks into the TD Garden tonight. The Celtics are riding a three game winning streak which has seen them break out of the offensive funk they were in with Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving starting to show they are coming back nicely from their injuries. Jaylen Brown also came out of his early season shooting slump and has played All-NBA quality defense as well. The Celtics are hoping to shut down Milwaukee and take their momentum on the road as they head out on their first extended road trip of the season. Boston will play their next five away from the friendly confines of the Garden.

Milwaukee comes into the season with some major changes that look to have been for the better. Gone are oft injured star Jabari Parker and head coach Jason Kidd. The Bucks signed Brook Lopez, Ersan Ilyasova and Donte DiVincenzo in the off-season and brought in former Atlanta Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer. Budenholzer, a former Coach of the Year, brings his San Antonio pedigree and successful track record to the Bucks.

Budenholzer has the Bucks being the only undefeated team in the NBA. Milwaukee leads the league in point differential, rebounds per game, defensive rebounds per game and three pointers made per game. They are also in the top 5 of several other offensive categories. Milwaukee is led be superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo who is having a tremendous start to his season averaging 25 points, 14.2 rebounds and 5.7 assists per game.

When last Boston saw of Milwaukee, they were sending them home in the first round of last year's playoffs in a grueling 7 game series. Boston tried to force the Greek Freak out of the paint and make him shoot mid range or three point jumpers. And except for a good series by Middleton, Boston shut down the rest of the Milwaukee roster playing them tight and running them off the three point line.

But that was last year and this year Milwaukee's high scoring offense will try to score on Boston's league leading defense. Expect to see a heavy dose of Aron Baynes on Brooke Lopez to allow Al Horford to match up with Antetokounmpo. I would also expect to see Jaylen Brown matching up a lot of the game against Khris Middleton. This should be a tough game that could be a preview of a Eastern Conference Finals. Hopefully the Celtics can continue their recent momentum and take it on their road trip.

EDIT: Jaylen Brown has been ruled out. I will guess and say Smart will start to help on Khris Middleton.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 07:12:54 PM by nickagneta »

Re: Bucks (7-0) at Celtics (5-2) Game #8 11/1/18
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 12:47:40 PM »

Offline mysteryMrE

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 14
The Bucks are appearing to be a whole different animal this year, no pun intended. Looking forward to see if Al can keep slowing down Giannis, and we can avoid a Middleton explosion from downtown.

A major factor will be Jaylen's status. No doubt the C's will proceed with caution, but having/not having him available tonight will be very important to the team's success.

Celtics 101, Bucks 95

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 12:50:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
TP to mysteryMrE for being the first to post in the game thread.

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 12:54:17 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
TP, tar for being the 2nd to post, a top-notch fan, and a reliable e-friend.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 01:02:57 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Would love to see Rozier bringing back scary Terry tonight.
will he get to start? It doesn't sound like Brown will be playing.

Chris Forsberg
Jaylen Brown on his foot: "It’s pain across the foot, so any time I put pressure down, when I take off or run, I feel pain shoot around the foot. If it was a playoff game, I’d definitely be trying to play through it, but the concern is we have an 82-game season."

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 01:06:05 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
The Bucks are appearing to be a whole different animal this year, no pun intended. Looking forward to see if Al can keep slowing down Giannis, and we can avoid a Middleton explosion from downtown.

A major factor will be Jaylen's status. No doubt the C's will proceed with caution, but having/not having him available tonight will be very important to the team's success.

Celtics 101, Bucks 95
I highly doubt we can hold the Bucks to 95 points.

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 01:09:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Celtics 101, Bucks 95

We're I think 1/2 in defense, so a low-scoring game (by the current wildly distorted standards) seems pretty likely.

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 01:34:51 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker

Celtics 101, Bucks 95

We're I think 1/2 in defense, so a low-scoring game (by the current wildly distorted standards) seems pretty likely.
Other than Raptors we haven't played any top offensive team.
Teams we played rank 19-30 on offense. 

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 01:59:20 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
let's go C's

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 02:09:53 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
let's go Celtics!!!!

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 02:12:58 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Celtics 101, Bucks 95

That's possibly confounding though - is their offense poorly rated because they're bad at offense, or because they played good defensive teams like us? Especially with small sample sizes it can be hard to tell the difference.

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 02:14:17 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker

Celtics 101, Bucks 95

That's possibly confounding though - is their offense poorly rated because they're bad at offense, or because they played good defensive teams like us? Especially with small sample sizes it can be hard to tell the difference.
Either way if we win i don't care if it is high or low score  :)

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 02:28:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
This is going to be a tough game. The Bucks finally got a coach and it has changed everything.

Go Celtics!

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 02:31:29 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
gonna be a tough game

nice early test
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 02:42:55 PM »

Offline apc