Poll

Rozier FOR Sabonis + 2018 IND 2nd Rounder?

Yes
16 (28.6%)
No
40 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?  (Read 19774 times)

Re: IF We "Sell High" On Rozier... Would You Make This Trade?
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2018, 08:19:14 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Hold onto Rozier for as long as possible for 2 reasons:

1. Kyrie insurance, in case he reinsures knee/not the same/decides to leave team after next season.
2. Valuable chip to offer in AD/KL trade.

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2018, 08:23:20 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Bender is 3.5 years younger than Rozier and performed better than Rozier in each of their 1st 2 seasons.  I could absolutely see Ainge acquire him for Rozier

The whole problem with this line of thinking is Ainge wants to win, not sign guys who folks drank the kool-aid on.   We are going to try to make a title run next year and don't need the dead weight at the end of the bench.   We'd be better served to ask for a veteran that can play.

Really, what has he shown as a pro that Ainge would want?   Ainge usually signs these bust type guys for the Gleague team.   I know you like the guy, but the hype train has crashed.

25 MPG =   6.5 PPG at a .39% FG shooting and .37% 3p shooting and 4.4 RPG .3 SPG and .6 BPG with a 7.1 PER and 0.1 WS

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bendedr01.html

I know we all fall for players in the draft.   I for one can admit when I was wrong about a guy.
Leaving me all alone on the Bender island? :D
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2018, 08:29:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
not impossible i suppose

remember Danny is always working and planning the next big deal.

I sure he is watching several young players , including Fultz , should he stumble more and fall out of favor in Philly.

I had a gut feeling DA was going after Kyrie , even though logic said different because why would Cavs help their enemy .  The longer it played out the more certain i was Kyrie was gonna be a Celtic.

These situations , having the assets ready to pounce is where DA patience pays off.   He figures there is always a deal to be made that will favor him.

i think he wants a future 1 st  2020 or something along those lines.....he can use down the road

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2018, 08:49:24 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
Why trade Rozier when he's a younger, healthier, cheaper, and better 2 way player than Kyrie?

If you want to keep Brown and Tatum how are we paying these guys if we have 3 max contracts (Horford, Hayward, Irving)?

Rozier is young but he's shown he can hit big shots and REBOUND and play DEFENSE.

« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2018, 08:50:25 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Why trade Rozier when he's a younger, healthier, cheaper, and better 2 way player than Kyrie?

If you want to keep Brown and Tatum how are we paying these guys if we have 3 max contracts (Horford, Hayward, Irving)?

Rozier is young but he's shown he can hit big shots and REBOUND and play DEFENSE.
^This. TP
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2018, 08:50:55 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Bender is 3.5 years younger than Rozier and performed better than Rozier in each of their 1st 2 seasons.  I could absolutely see Ainge acquire him for Rozier

The whole problem with this line of thinking is Ainge wants to win, not sign guys who folks drank the kool-aid on.   We are going to try to make a title run next year and don't need the dead weight at the end of the bench.   We'd be better served to ask for a veteran that can play.

Really, what has he shown as a pro that Ainge would want?   Ainge usually signs these bust type guys for the Gleague team.   I know you like the guy, but the hype train has crashed.

25 MPG =   6.5 PPG at a .39% FG shooting and .37% 3p shooting and 4.4 RPG .3 SPG and .6 BPG with a 7.1 PER and 0.1 WS

I know we all fall for players in the draft.   I for one can admit when I was wrong about a guy.
Those numbers aren't that bad for a guy that won't even turn 21 till November and was considered incredibly raw as a foreign draft pick. 

The reality is, if Boston brings Smart back and enters next year with Irving, Smart, and Brown as the 1st 3 guards, there just isn't much space for Rozier and he will likely be gone following the year.  On the flip side, there is absolutely a spot in the rotation for a 7' that can shoot pretty well from the outside, disrupt some shots, and still has a ton of potential to grow. 

I think something like Rozier, Yabusele, and 27 for Bender, Ullis, and 16 would be a trade that makes sense for both teams. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:10:42 AM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2018, 08:54:08 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Those numbers aren't that bad for a guy that won't even turn 21 till November and was considered incredibly raw as a foreign draft pick. 

The reality is, if Boston brings Smart back and enters next year with Irving, Smart, and Brown as the 1st 3 guards, there just isn't much space for Rozier and he will likely be gone following the year.  On the flip side, there is absolutely a spot in the rotation for a 7' that can shoot pretty well from the outside, disrupt some shots, and still has a ton of potential to grow. 

I think something like Rozier, Yabusele, and 27 for Bender, Ullis, and 16 would be a trade that makes sense for both teams.
Maybe for Rozier before the playoffs, not now. Kyrie should be moved if anything, he gets more assets/players to help the team , and Rozier can produce around what 70% Kyrie gives us on offense while being considerably better on defense.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2018, 09:41:38 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

^This. TP
LOL. Yeah, that's technically true. In the same way in which Daniel Theis is a "younger healthier, cheaper and better 2 way player" than Kevin Love.

Also, Irving is just two years older than Rozier, in case you wondered.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2018, 09:53:31 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

^This. TP
LOL. Yeah, that's technically true. In the same way in which Daniel Theis is a "younger healthier, cheaper and better 2 way player" than Kevin Love.

Also, Irving is just two years older than Rozier, in case you wondered.
Rofl. TP
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2018, 10:21:48 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Feels like Rozier is the kind of baller who would make you regret letting him go. Would hate to trade him away and then he becomes the next Oladipo.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2018, 10:23:03 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Also, by the time you need to pay Brown and Tatum, Horford and Hayward will be getting off the books. Frankly, I'll have no problem letting a 34-year-old Horford and 32-year-old Hayward go if we can't find workable contracts for them at that point...

::) ::) ::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2018, 10:25:47 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Another idea

Rozier to the Suns for Bender or Chriss

Makes some sense for the Suns they have struggled to really develop both players and unless they draft Doncic they are likely bringing in another young big.

For the Cs they would be able to add a raw but dynamic big man project who is still on his rookie deal. The Cs where rumored to have interest in Chriss around draft time.

are you Eddie20?

Bender and Chriss are terrible

I wouldn't trade Rozier even for both

I’m not sure what I think of Chriss, but he definitely has potential and I’ve seen him make some big plays to win a game on both ends of the floor already in his young career. Interesting thought.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2018, 10:30:49 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Another idea

Rozier to the Suns for Bender or Chriss

Makes some sense for the Suns they have struggled to really develop both players and unless they draft Doncic they are likely bringing in another young big.

For the Cs they would be able to add a raw but dynamic big man project who is still on his rookie deal. The Cs where rumored to have interest in Chriss around draft time.

are you Eddie20?

Bender and Chriss are terrible

I wouldn't trade Rozier even for both

I’m not sure what I think of Chriss, but he definitely has potential and I’ve seen him make some big plays to win a game on both ends of the floor already in his young career. Interesting thought.
I can't imagine anyone in the league being less Celtic then Chriss. Low IQ, little skill, big vertical, so-so laterally.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2018, 10:32:02 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Also, by the time you need to pay Brown and Tatum, Horford and Hayward will be getting off the books. Frankly, I'll have no problem letting a 34-year-old Horford and 32-year-old Hayward go if we can't find workable contracts for them at that point...

Call me crazy, but I feel like Hayward and Horford have the type of personalities that would be willing to take extremely team friendly deals. We have already made both of them hundred millionaires, so let them stay in our rotations as they age. They could get to compete for titles every year while being a stabilizing presence for our youth.

I just don't believe that Horford or Hayward at that stage would go to a lesser franchise for huge money.
#JKJB

« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2018, 11:07:45 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Call me crazy, but I feel like Hayward and Horford have the type of personalities that would be willing to take extremely team friendly deals. We have already made both of them hundred millionaires, so let them stay in our rotations as they age. They could get to compete for titles every year while being a stabilizing presence for our youth.

I just don't believe that Horford or Hayward at that stage would go to a lesser franchise for huge money.

I hear that. But if Jayson, Jaylen, and Kyrie develop the way we hope, that's three max contracts. Even if Horford and Hayward are willing to offer a steep discount - $15M/year? - those five contracts put the Cs way over the cap and they still need to sign 10(!) more players to the roster. I don't think that's tenable.

(Check my cap math here - this is rough - but I'm pretty sure it's right.)