Author Topic: Kyrie now opt in?  (Read 13173 times)

Re: Kyrie now opt in?
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2019, 07:27:49 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
No.  He was planning on coming back, but Boston fans changed his mind. He refuses to play for Bill Simmons and the rest of Celtic
Fandom

Lol dude you need a hiatus until the Draft. I’m worried about you.

From what I’ve been told, he was excited for next season and was going to actively recruit Durant to join him and Davis, but after the playoffs he looked online, saw the reaction from Celtic fans, and now refuses to represent this fandom.
Who told you that? Sauces?

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2019, 07:35:34 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
You all need to stop falling for larbrds jokes

So basically most of his posts?  :P
Basically

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2019, 07:41:29 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
why isnt anyone talking about the obvious ..Kyrie and AD to the Lakers.
I mentioned this in another thread. Something to consider. Kyrie sure seems intent on leaving Boston.

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2019, 08:10:58 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Pshhh. Dude you gotta stop trying so hard.
Try hard trolling is a calling, a lifestyle, can't stop won't stop.

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2019, 08:14:56 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I mentioned this in another thread. Something to consider. Kyrie sure seems intent on leaving Boston.
I don't think the Lakers end up pulling off the AD deal. I don't have faith Pelinka can get creative enough with the three team structure NOP is pushing.

I think both the Knicks/Lakers young talent isn't to NOP liking overall, that's why they want a third team involved.

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2019, 08:39:32 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Definitely won't opt in to an $18m contract  :laugh:

I always thought the most likely move for Kyrie was a 1+1 contract in Boston and push to get AD, align his free agency with him. Give it a year, if it didn't work out next year they both leave to go wherever they want to go. But the negative reaction from the fan base holding him solely responsible for our failure to meet expectations (particularly the difference between his year 1 and year 2) made me reconsider. Because who wants to play for people who hate you? LarBrd is obviously taking it to an extreme but Kyrie does seem to have that type of personality where being loved and being happy might be more important to him than being on the best team. That's when I thought Brooklyn or NY might become more realistic destinations for him, a chance to shape a team in his image. I think he thought he had that here, but he got injured and the young guys he was trying to shape went to the ECF without him and they all developed big heads as a result.

Assuming he would leave Boston, I never thought it was likely that Kyrie would team up with KD in Brooklyn or NY though. If KD went to NY i thought Kyrie would go to Brooklyn. Because I can't see Kyrie returning to a scenario where he was second fiddle again. He wanted his own team. So 2 years after having his own team he gets dumped out of the playoffs and crawls to another team with a better player, tail between his legs, basically admitting he couldn't do it? I can't see it happening. Not for LeBum, not for KD. Those two guys would suck out all the oxygen in the room and there'd be none left for him.

Whichever player he plays with would have to be willing to play second fiddle. I think he would be willing to play with AD, in Boston, because AD kind of has a beta personality and Kyrie would still be the face of the team even if AD was the best player. It could still be "Kyrie's team". I'm sure Danny will ship out whichever malcontents Kyrie wants shipped out.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2019, 08:49:20 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Definitely won't opt in to an $18m contract  :laugh:

I always thought the most likely move for Kyrie was a 1+1 contract in Boston and push to get AD, align his free agency with him. Give it a year, if it didn't work out next year they both leave to go wherever they want to go. But the negative reaction from the fan base holding him solely responsible for our failure to meet expectations (particularly the difference between his year 1 and year 2) made me reconsider. Because who wants to play for people who hate you? LarBrd is obviously taking it to an extreme but Kyrie does seem to have that type of personality where being loved and being happy might be more important to him than being on the best team. That's when I thought Brooklyn or NY might become more realistic destinations for him, a chance to shape a team in his image. I think he thought he had that here, but he got injured and the young guys he was trying to shape went to the ECF without him and they all developed big heads as a result.

Assuming he would leave Boston, I never thought it was likely that Kyrie would team up with KD in Brooklyn or NY though. If KD went to NY i thought Kyrie would go to Brooklyn. Because I can't see Kyrie returning to a scenario where he was second fiddle again. He wanted his own team. So 2 years after having his own team he gets dumped out of the playoffs and crawls to another team with a better player, tail between his legs, basically admitting he couldn't do it? I can't see it happening. Not for LeBum, not for KD. Those two guys would suck out all the oxygen in the room and there'd be none left for him.

Whichever player he plays with would have to be willing to play second fiddle. I think he would be willing to play with AD, in Boston, because AD kind of has a beta personality and Kyrie would still be the face of the team even if AD was the best player. It could still be "Kyrie's team". I'm sure Danny will ship out whichever malcontents Kyrie wants shipped out.

TP - this is a good post. I agree about what is meant by LB's comments (although I do love how people take what he says literally) and your last paragraph hopefully holds merit. Hopefully Danny will offer Kyrie ANYTHING he wants to get him to stay. While I am sure CS or Reddit aren't directly the problem, the overall attitude on Kyrie has soured to a point where he certainly isn't beloved by the fanbase as a whole. It is all on Danny now to convince him that all will be wonderful next season.

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2019, 08:57:20 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Still opts out.   More likely to return to Boston especially if they get Davis.   I don't think he wants to go to a new team alone.

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2019, 08:59:41 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Still opts out.   More likely to return to Boston especially if they get Davis.   I don't think he wants to go to a new team alone.
He's 100% opting out no matter what.

I do agree he wants another star with him, I think he might just end up playing with Butler now if KD stays.

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2019, 09:00:40 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He's 100% opting out no matter what.

I do agree he wants another star with him, I think he might just end up playing with Butler now if KD stays.

Unless he really wants Boston not to trade for Davis.

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2019, 10:12:28 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't think the Lakers end up pulling off the AD deal. I don't have faith Pelinka can get creative enough with the three team structure NOP is pushing.

I think both the Knicks/Lakers young talent isn't to NOP liking overall, that's why they want a third team involved.

I doubt NO wants another top draft pick, since they have the no.1. Still seems young cheap esctablished talent like Tatum and Brown would be their logical target. Heck, they clearly waited for the Celtics by not trading him at the deadline. A lot of the trade talk is a smoke screen by the LA/NY big market media. Plus his agent.  But NO will opt for the best deal. Let their trade partner worry about where he goes after next year. I doubt Ainge will hesitate to pull the trigger on a deal.

3 team deals, by the way, is the typical way  the Knicks and the Lakers have gotten what they want. Usually, one team winds up getting screwed--the 3rd team in the mix making a deal possible.  I doubt the dynamics are there. Ainge has the cards, but it's possible he will walk away if the asking price is too steep. But how steep can that be?

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2019, 10:20:18 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Can't wait for this to be settled once and for all.

I think it's just a matter of days because the Pels' GM wants the deal done before the draft.

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2019, 10:21:23 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Three team deals that happen usually are the third team (who do not plan to use cap space) taking a bad salary and getting a pick for their trouble.

What NOP is trying to will into being is where they get some good player from a third team because they do not want all of the Knicks/Lakers young players. So they'd pick the young talent/pick they'd like and then a third team who likes Lonzo for example would give them something different.

I do not see that materializing for them.

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2019, 10:25:13 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I would prefer one of two options.
Davis without Kyrie or sit tight until we can get rid of Hayward and have cap room to sign one of the few players in the NBA that can actually win us a championship.

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2019, 10:26:55 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
To answer the question - no... he will not opt in.  It would cost him significant money and the recent rumors are that he isn’t joining Durant anyways.  People expect Durant and kemba to go to the knicks and for kyrie to join the nets - maybe with someone like jimmy butler. 

Woj suggested today that kyrie is a lock to leave Boston.  Likely as a direct result of this forum, twitter and reddit.
Do you want the “leader” of the team to be so mentally fragile and be affected by what 10 anonymous online posters think about him? If what Kyrie read online about him from a portion of the Celtics fan base was the deciding factor for him to leave he should seriously reconsider his choice of profession.
to be fair, I wouldn’t call that mentally fragile.  The fanbase has been so aggressively hostile towards him with their misplaced frustration that i wouldn’t hold it against him if he decided he’d rather play for a fanbase that would actually appreciate his efforts carrying a mediocre roster to the 2nd round.

Same people who thought it was hilarious Isaiah cooked his hip getting Boston to the conference finals just because he was honest about wanting the one big contract that every player ever wants.