Author Topic: Cavs fans hate their team, what was last Celtics team you didn't like?  (Read 3834 times)

Re: Cavs fans hate their team, what was last Celtics team you hated?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 07:24:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
That thread was a really fun read

yea, it kind of makes it hard to imagine Lebron going back there also. Also in reference to the comments about hate I chnaged the title of the thread. I am interesed in hearing more about Rowe and Wicks it was before my time.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Haha, Cavs fans, you whiney babies, nobody else likes your team either.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I never hated a Celtics team and the only Celtic I ever hated was Mark Blount after he signed that big contract.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Seems like a reactionary thread to their last game which was awful.  Seen plenty of similar things on this thread after similar output games.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Cavs fans hate their team, what was last Celtics team you hated?
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 08:03:22 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
I go back to the Russell years so I've never hated any team. The Wicks and Rowe 78-79 team left a lot to be desired, but they were soon gone. Pretty funny Bill Fitch anecdote from

http://lexnihilnovi.blogspot.com/2012/11/wicks-and-rowe-they-were-quite-good-in.html

During the infamous 1978-79 season when just about everything fell apart for Battleship Shamrock, Rowe tried to console teammates during one losing streak by telling them that "there ain't no W's or L's on our paychecks." His career in New England appropriately came to an end during training camp the following season, when first year head coach Bill Fitch, who couldn't bear to watch #41 loaf down the court one more minute of practice, instructed Rowe to "keep on running" into the locker room, out to his car, and back to his apartment where he was advised he could start looking for a new employer because he'd been cut. Wicks wasn't quite that bad, but, for whatever reason, is remembered as Rowe's soul mate when it came to lack of output.

Paul Silas >Wicks/Rowe

One of Red's greatest mistakes

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Wicks/Rowe was anti celtic so really easy to not like
Ricky Davis, mark blount
Never a big fan of dee brown, Shaw, Dino, group but they gave their all

I'd have to say I've never hated a team.  Hate Pintino and what we gave to that crooked guy but there have been a few times where I have not watched games religiously

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Seems like a reactionary thread to their last game which was awful.

Nothing reactionary about this quote.

Cavs basketball has been joyeless the past 2 years and the specter of LeBron's second departure hovering over it just isn't good for the soul.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I was pretty much out on the 2012-2013 team. Team was just too old and stale. Was more than ready for a change. Cavs seem to be in a similar situation. When your run is up it's up.

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980
Did these same Cavs fans cheer the departure of Kyrie?  There were a lot of fans on Fear the Sword that were dismissive of Kyrie's importance to their playoff success before this season started and were glad to see him go.  Short memory of the game 7 shot (and outplaying Curry in the series) a few years back I guess.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
any Patino era garbage ....90's were ruff.

I was jumping up and down when Pierce landed on Celtics .  I was watching his college ball.   He was sooooo natural and confident .   

I hate all Cavs teams from the beginning of time .

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Cavs basketball has been joyeless the past 2 years and the specter of LeBron's second departure hovering over it just isn't good for the soul.

Yea I didn't feel like it was worth pointing out, but I followed the Brooklyn pick on their forum all year and they been generally not into it all season. To call it a reaction to the one game was not very accurate.

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Sorry to be a grammar nazi, but you guys mean "reactive" not "reactionary".

Again, I apologize, but this one is a pet peeve.

http://grammarist.com/usage/reactionary/

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The team that had Sidney Wicks and Curtis Rowe was a low point for me.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I started watching in 2001 and in that time I can't say I ever hated a team. I was obviously pretty out on the 2013-14 team that was in constant roster churn and clearly a stop-gap year. Jeff Green as your team's best player doesn't inspire much.

Even the 2006-07 that was tanking pretty hard had some fun Tony Allen moments, Delonte West was doing fun Delonte stuff, Al Jefferson was blossoming, and Gerald Green would do something cool every game. Yeah, I've never fully disliked a Celtic team in my time.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wasn't alive for the Rowe/Wicks team, thankfully. 

The '96-97 squad was tough to watch.   Plus you had Todd Day on that team who I despised.  The roster sucked & the team was clearly tanking.  Not an enjoyable season.  You can also point at that season as the start of Toine's bad habits.

The only team that I ever truly hated of the teams I root for were the '01 Red Sox.  Most unlikable squad ever. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team