Author Topic: Who is your favorite leading actor turned perpetual guest star?  (Read 1711 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I've watched a lot of TV...like A LOT. I've seen a lot of shows come and go, and sometimes you get attached to actors. Sometimes those actors move on to other leading roles. They're usually never as good as the one that caught your attention, but at least they're building a character (like Christopher Meloni)..sometimes they just suck (like Micheal from the Wire going from THE WIRE to 90210!!! GOD!).

Some actors aren't so lucky. They become perpetual guest stars, sometimes they get a 3 episode spot, sometimes its just a one and done. They're still around, but not like before. The horrible thing is you see they haven't lost a step.

My number one perpetual guest star is Lee Tergesen. You might remember him as the camera guy from Waynes World, but if you appreciate good TV, you know him as Tobias Beecher. He was the closest thing "Oz" had to a protagonist, a man who went through more pain than Odysseus, but he never actually makes it home..or maybe he does, I guess it depends on how you view the show.

Since then he had one substantial role as the journalist on Generation Kill, which he handled with the typical professionalism.

He's bounced around but he is always a joy to watch. He's been on the "4400", CSI, Rescue Me, Law and Order, Desperate Housewives (I'm told), Criminal Intent, Life on Mars, Kings, and now I'm watching him on Royal Pains.

Second place goes to Ted Danson. Anyone who say him on Damages knows he is still the man.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Who is your favorite leading actor turned perpetual guest star?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 10:57:09 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Where is the love Budweiser? This is right up your river!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Who is your favorite leading actor turned perpetual guest star?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 11:16:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Kermit the Frog