Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 212049 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #1215 on: February 03, 2019, 01:24:58 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
So wait, you mean to tell me signing a bunch of hot headed boneheads on the same team has caused a dysfunctional locker room? Lol

It was waiting to happen signing a bunch of misfits into one team. Particularly Stephenson, McGee, and Beasley. You can add Rondo into that mix too.

And then ofc there's the LeRecruiter James drama queen and his agent Rich Paul trying to run this team.

And then there's the sorry bum Lonzo Ball and his dad.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1216 on: February 03, 2019, 01:39:42 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
So wait, you mean to tell me signing a bunch of hot headed boneheads on the same team has caused a dysfunctional locker room? Lol

It was waiting to happen signing a bunch of misfits into one team. Particularly Stephenson, McGee, and Beasley. You can add Rondo into that mix too.

And then ofc there's the LeRecruiter James drama queen and his agent Rich Paul trying to run this team.

Man, just imagine if Lavar comes out of the woodwork now. Feed this drama into my veins.

« Reply #1217 on: February 03, 2019, 01:41:46 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
How many days until Walton gets fired? I bet its less than two weeks.

« Reply #1218 on: February 03, 2019, 01:42:51 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
So, I wasn't able to watch the GS/Lakers game. I did hear that Jackson was saying that NOLA should've taken the original Lakers deal, but on Twitter I'm reading that he was doing a whole bunch of other hyping of the Lakers players, such as saying that Zubac is "a young Marc Gasol" and other things.

Is this true? Did other people hear stuff like this? If so, the league really has to get involved here with the Klutch Sports group. Not only has this seemingly taken over an entire organization, but if it's now starting to impact national television broadcasts, that's insane.

« Reply #1219 on: February 03, 2019, 01:47:53 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
So, I wasn't able to watch the GS/Lakers game. I did hear that Jackson was saying that NOLA should've taken the original Lakers deal, but on Twitter I'm reading that he was doing a whole bunch of other hyping of the Lakers players, such as saying that Zubac is "a young Marc Gasol" and other things.

Is this true?[/b] Did other people hear stuff like this? If so, the league really has to get involved here with the Klutch Sports group. Not only has this seemingly taken over an entire organization, but if it's now starting to impact national television broadcasts, that's insane.

YES

« Reply #1220 on: February 03, 2019, 01:50:00 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
How many days until Walton gets fired? I bet its less than two weeks.
It might be less than 2 days at the rate the Klutch propaganda is going out at.

« Reply #1221 on: February 03, 2019, 06:51:17 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

« Reply #1222 on: February 03, 2019, 06:56:39 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Is this true? Did other people hear stuff like this? If so, the league really has to get involved here with the Klutch Sports group. Not only has this seemingly taken over an entire organization, but if it's now starting to impact national television broadcasts, that's insane.

Yes, he did compare Zubac with Marc Gasol. The hyping of Zubac is ridiculous.

A couple of weeks ago he wasn't even in the rotation and got DNP after DNP. I think the Lakers were even close to cutting him (like they did with Thomas Bryant).

Sure Zubac has some talent, but he isn't more valuable than for instance Robert Williams. If I had to make a choice between Zubac and Williams, I take Williams without question.

I do have to admit that the Lakers drafted very well last year with #25 Wagner, #39 Bonga and #47 Mykhailiuk, I think those three all have the chance to become NBA players.

Edit: I see radiohead, above me, shows more evidence why Mark Jackson is biased. TP's for jpotter33 and radiohead, for further deciphering (I had to look this word up on google  ;D) conspiracies.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 07:01:48 AM by RodyTur10 »

« Reply #1223 on: February 03, 2019, 02:34:46 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

A couple of weeks ago he wasn't even in the rotation and got DNP after DNP. I think the Lakers were even close to cutting him (like they did with Thomas Bryant).

Sure Zubac has some talent, but he isn't more valuable than for instance Robert Williams. If I had to make a choice between Zubac and Williams, I take Williams without question.

I do have to admit that the Lakers drafted very well last year with #25 Wagner, #39 Bonga and #47 Mykhailiuk, I think those three all have the chance to become NBA players.

Edit: I see radiohead, above me, shows more evidence why Mark Jackson is biased. TP's for jpotter33 and radiohead, for further deciphering (I had to look this word up on google  ;D) conspiracies.
They passed on Williams to take Wagner which was a big mistake in my opinion. 

« Reply #1224 on: February 03, 2019, 03:10:05 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Or it is a bunch overblown nonsense.  Saying it cooled off before it ever got physical without anything to support that it actually got close to being physical is pure crap.  You could say that about any heated verbal confrontation that doesn't get physical.  Here's some pushback on the notion.     

“It never got close to getting out of control, people are always emotional after a loss,” a source told ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne.  Another claimed to ESPN’s Ohm Youngmisuk that it was “way overhyped.”

“Nothing crazy happened,” an unidentified Lakers player explained to The Undefeated’s Marc Spears. “Luke said some things. The players said some things back. No one was disrespected. Nothing crazy was said.”

Another veteran, Lance Stephenson, posted a message on his Instagram account denying any involvement in the dispute.“Media decided to add Lance Stephenson … I’m in a very happy place … Nothing but positive,” he wrote. “If u going to write a story get the real facts please.”

« Reply #1225 on: February 03, 2019, 04:35:21 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff

They passed on Williams to take Wagner which was a big mistake in my opinion.

Still Wagner seems like a nice player. Not bad at that draft position. But yes, it was pretty incredible that we got Williams. It was like the other teams were helping us. Just guard after guard, and wing after wing, and leaving the big guy on the board that we needed.

« Reply #1226 on: February 03, 2019, 04:39:31 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
I have something to say about the game Los Angeles Clippers @ Toronto Raptors: the wrong team is winning.
Raptors ahead 14 halfway the 3rd quarter.

« Reply #1227 on: February 05, 2019, 04:33:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Who do we want to win in raptors philly game (in philly). Philly falls to 4th or 5th depending on what Indy does. We could be all alone in 3rd by end of night. If Raptors lose we inch another game closer to them (though their schedule is easy coming up).

« Reply #1228 on: February 05, 2019, 04:42:13 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
Who do we want to win in raptors philly game (in philly). Philly falls to 4th or 5th depending on what Indy does. We could be all alone in 3rd by end of night. If Raptors lose we inch another game closer to them (though their schedule is easy coming up).

I want Philly to win. I'm confident that Boston can keep the 76ers behind them.

Come on, lets hunt some Raptors!

(I might not have paid enough attention when watching Jurassic Park  ;) )

« Reply #1229 on: February 05, 2019, 04:53:36 PM »

Online smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

I want Philly to win. I'm confident that Boston can keep the 76ers behind them.

Come on, lets hunt some Raptors!

(I might not have paid enough attention when watching Jurassic Park  ;) )

I feel like I agree in theory with rooting against Toronto, but in practice it’s unnatural to be rooting for the Sixers or any Philly team.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07