Author Topic: Predict The Celts Draft Picks Contest  (Read 10995 times)

Re: Predict The Celts Draft Picks Contest
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2020, 08:13:43 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
#14: Kira Lewis

Trade #26 + #30 to Philly for #21. The Celtics draft Robert Woodard. The Sixers use one of the picks as a sweetener to dump Horford.

#47: Sam Merrill

Total draft day trades: 8

------------------------------------------

Personally speaking, I'd draft Saddiq Bey at #14.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 08:22:41 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2020, 09:58:40 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
my prediction

DA tries to trade up and either the asking price is to high or his mystery target goes higher then the Cs can reasonably trade up to.

#14 Cole Anthony, there has been very little draft buzz around Anthony. Looking at his overall resume I will be surprised to see him slip past the Celtics at 14. ESPN's latest mock has the Cs taking Lewis at #14 and Anthony falling to #19 I would be surprised if this is the case.

#26 Desmond Bane, im very hesitant to project him this low but ESPN has him at #24 and the Ringer at #20. I could also see a situation where the Celtics use #26 and #30 to move up for Bane and pick up future 2nds.

#30 trade the pick along with Porier to Pacers for a #54 and 2 future 2nd round picks 

#47 Kaleb Wesson, this is my kinda out of left field pick. I find it interesting that he worked out for the Cs twice last draft. He measured great at the combine and shot the ball well both in his college season and at the combine. I like him as a low cost last big off the bench.

#54 Nate Hinton, he is a great option to draft and sign on a 2-way   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2020, 10:26:08 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
my prediction

DA tries to trade up and either the asking price is to high or his mystery target goes higher then the Cs can reasonably trade up to.

#14 Cole Anthony, there has been very little draft buzz around Anthony. Looking at his overall resume I will be surprised to see him slip past the Celtics at 14. ESPN's latest mock has the Cs taking Lewis at #14 and Anthony falling to #19 I would be surprised if this is the case.

#26 Desmond Bane, im very hesitant to project him this low but ESPN has him at #24 and the Ringer at #20. I could also see a situation where the Celtics use #26 and #30 to move up for Bane and pick up future 2nds.

#30 trade the pick along with Porier to Pacers for a #54 and 2 future 2nd round picks 

#47 Kaleb Wesson, this is my kinda out of left field pick. I find it interesting that he worked out for the Cs twice last draft. He measured great at the combine and shot the ball well both in his college season and at the combine. I like him as a low cost last big off the bench.

I am good with everything but your choice at 14.

Cole Anthony would be a nightmare for me
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2020, 10:41:49 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
my prediction

I hope you are wrong about Cole Anthony but it wouldn't surprise me if Ainge picked him as contrarian, based on HS data, etc.

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2020, 12:15:08 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
#14 - Saddiq Bey

#26 - Cassius Winston

#30 - Xavier Tillman

#47 - Kaleb Wesson

Draft day trades - 7

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2020, 12:43:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I originally went with Bey.  I’d be really happy with a Bey / best available PG / Tillman draft.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2020, 12:51:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
my prediction

I hope you are wrong about Cole Anthony but it wouldn't surprise me if Ainge picked him as contrarian, based on HS data, etc.

I really hope Celts don't draft Anthony

He is like a poor man version of Kyme Irving.  he shot 38-39 percent FG last season?   And he struggled at times finishing close to the basket due to just ok quickness.  It will be harder at the NBA level.  His defense is another weakness.  The effort and some toughness/strength is there. But the defensive ceiling is low at the NBA level

Imo why "reach" for Anthony when a better shooting version and more efficient fg prospect (Pritchard) is available later in the draft.  Pritchard, Riller, FLynn, Mannion

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2020, 01:37:04 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Celtics trade up to #8 with the Knicks.  Select Obi Toppin.

Total NBA trades on draaft day 6.

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2020, 01:48:11 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
my prediction

He is like a poor man version of Kyme Irving.  he shot 38-39 percent FG last season?   And he struggled at times finishing close to the basket due to just ok quickness.  It will be harder at the NBA level.  His defense is another weakness.  The effort and some toughness/strength is there. But the defensive ceiling is low at the NBA level

Imo why "reach" for Anthony when a better shooting version and more efficient fg prospect (Pritchard) is available later in the draft.  Pritchard, Riller, FLynn, Mannion
There’s two reasons for hope with Anthony.

1. He played through injuries that clearly sapped his athleticism. I mean the athlete he was ore college and who he looked like at UNC were totally different.

2. UNC was a total disaster. Hard for anyone to succeed there. Reminded me a bit of Browns Cal team and Langford’s IU team.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2020, 01:49:43 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
#14 - Kira Lewis   changing to RJ Hampton.  I think Lewis would be the better choice but C's haven't even interviewed him (thought they had). 

#26 - Theo Maledon

#30 - Xavier Tillman

#47 traded with Poirier and Edwards and cash to cut Poirier to the Knicks for a top 55 protected 2nd rounder in 2022

draft day trades: 6
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 11:03:13 PM by slamtheking »

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2020, 02:30:24 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
When the Knicks fail to reach a deal on 2, they will trade 8 to the C's for all 3 picks. Then when LaMelo Ball is still on the board at 6, the C's will trade 8 and a future protected 1st for 6 and draft Ball.
Or maybe the C's just take 8 + Hayward and acquire Jrue Holiday.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2020, 02:42:05 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
my prediction

There’s two reasons for hope with Anthony.

1. He played through injuries that clearly sapped his athleticism. I mean the athlete he was ore college and who he looked like at UNC were totally different.

2. UNC was a total disaster. Hard for anyone to succeed there. Reminded me a bit of Browns Cal team and Langford’s IU team.

With Anthony I gradually have ranked him lower and lower in this draft, then a couple of days ago I went back to look at what drove my opinion. I am now softening on my anti Cole stance and think he is worth the shot at #14. We are taking about drafting the #2 player in his high-school class, whose father was a long time NBA player, and who has produced on a high level everywhere he has played.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2020, 02:44:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Please take conversation about individual prospects to another draft thread. Let’s leave this one just for the contest.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2020, 03:24:22 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
If no trades:

#14 Jalen Smith -Maryland

#26 Alexsej Pokusevski -draft & Stash

#30 Leandro Bolmaro -draft & Stash

#47  Austin Riley- Auburn

Just can’t have all these rookies on opening day roster so I see 2 stash players and Wiley to d-league
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2020, 03:54:29 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
#14 - Hampton
#26 - Poku
#30 - Bolmaro