Author Topic: Grizzlies (1-2) at Celtics (2-2) Game #5 12/30/20  (Read 34143 times)

Re: Grizzlies (1-2) at Celtics (2-2) Game #5 12/30/20
« Reply #405 on: December 31, 2020, 11:34:48 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
The Grizzlies are certainly hampered by injuries, but I loved how the C's looked on a 2nd night of a back-to-back. After a hard fought win at IND, they didn't let up and pounced on Memphis early.

I thought Theis and Timelord did really well with Thompson out.

If anything, I'm a bit disappointed in G-Will so far. I'm still a believer in him and it's still very early in the season. But to date I think he's looked like our worst player so far. But again, just like many I'm sure not having a traditional preseason will have its effects and I think he'll figure it out. They still will need a PF though at the trade deadline IMO
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #406 on: December 31, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Jaylen Brown is a stud...Good job  Danny.
He may wind up being better than Tatum. We can't say for sure that Tatum is going to be better because both are still ascending.  He's certainly got the work habits and the discipline to keep improving.

Either way we have two unbelievable players.  The team around them is what needs work.  PP is a very pleasant surprise but for this team to excel we need Romeo and/or Nesmith to become a viable bench wind scorer.  3 and D types.  Romeo has proved he can play D at this level and even get to the hoop.  His shooting and handle need improved and if they have him on the Jaylen Brown workout program were in good shape.  I have a lot of high hopes for these young kids and with Robert Williams taking a leap this team is in good shape.  Just need Kemba back healty to ascend to the top of the NBA.

« Reply #407 on: December 31, 2020, 11:55:21 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The Grizzlies are certainly hampered by injuries, but I loved how the C's looked on a 2nd night of a back-to-back. After a hard fought win at IND, they didn't let up and pounced on Memphis early.

If anything, I'm a bit disappointed in G-Will so far. I'm still a believer in him and it's still very early in the season. But to date I think he's looked like our worst player so far. But again, just like many I'm sure not having a traditional preseason will have its effects and I think he'll figure it out. They still will need a PF though at the trade deadline IMO

I wonder if Grant is just being asked to do too big of a variety of things.  I think he has the tools to be the utility back up big, but he doesn't always seem to slide so easily from role to role.  Maybe he just needs consistency.  I just don't know that he'll ever get enough minutes that way though.
Yup

« Reply #408 on: December 31, 2020, 12:37:50 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

I don't believe in Grant Williams unfortunately. He's just too small for his skillset. He's a good post-up player, has great positional awareness and has some passing and shooting potential, but that's all ineffective when you regularly literally give up 3 inches to your own man.

Same thing with Carsen Edwards, you can't be that short and not have additional skills to an ordinary shooting guard. Then there's simply no place for you in the NBA.

« Reply #409 on: January 01, 2021, 08:59:37 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I don't believe in Grant Williams unfortunately. He's just too small for his skillset. He's a good post-up player, has great positional awareness and has some passing and shooting potential, but that's all ineffective when you regularly literally give up 3 inches to your own man.

Same thing with Carsen Edwards, you can't be that short and not have additional skills to an ordinary shooting guard. Then there's simply no place for you in the NBA.
I pretty much agree, but they are decent value players.  The roster has quite a few rookie-scale and 2-way contracts.  That could be the future trend as teams focus more and more of their salary on superstars/max players.