Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 238916 times)

Re: Robert Williams(Merged Threads)
« Reply #1110 on: September 29, 2018, 09:21:14 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
How do you like me know?

Raw, but really liked the energy level and the physical tools. He wasn’t always in position but he did not look lost and it’s obvious he can bother NBA players as a 1 on 1 defender.

To me he looks better than JJJ or Mickey ever did. Like he’ll fit in well as long as he keeps working.

Yes -- already looks better than some, but we obviously need to see more.  I thought maybe his best play was the high rebound he took of the rim off of a FT miss. I thought he was going to let the ball come to him and box for the board -- but he went up awfully quickly and snared the ball with a Hornet on his back.  Showed quickness, hands, and some situational awareness -- I'm not sure he would have easily gotten the board had he let it come to him.

« Reply #1111 on: September 29, 2018, 09:24:58 AM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I liked what I saw from Robert last night. Looked aggressive on the boards and even drew a couple of fouls while fighting for rebounds. For all the talk about him having no jump shot his foul shots with the exception of the one actually looked pretty smooth. Did a good job tipping the ball away from one of the Hornet guards and was able to alter some shots.

I’d like to see him get some minutes with some of the first string guys to see how they mesh. I felt like the bench guys were getting him the ball at all to post up.

« Reply #1112 on: September 29, 2018, 10:08:44 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lousy box score, but he showed good aggressiveness and made some plays. That one steal (which led to the fast break and the questionable Wanamaker charge) was really good.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1113 on: September 29, 2018, 12:00:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
he is likely to be a better shooter than Simmons ...who has no stoke or idea of what a smooth shot loks like.

« Reply #1114 on: September 29, 2018, 12:22:29 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IZaT82mvkg
https://streamable.com/sxleq

Quick decision maker and good passer
Good hand and touch
Good feel for the game

Nothing i already knew besides he can play good team defense, made very good reads on switching and especially when or when not to help, he surely has the ability to anchor a defense, going to thrive in Brad's read and react system
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 12:33:33 PM by playdream »

« Reply #1115 on: September 29, 2018, 12:30:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Lousy box score, but he showed good aggressiveness and made some plays. That one steal (which led to the fast break and the questionable Wanamaker charge) was really good.

Yeah, I can't believe they didn't give Williams one block. I thought I counted two including that one on Zeller from the 3 point line.

« Reply #1116 on: September 29, 2018, 12:48:03 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
His physical tools jumped out at me immediately.

He's Bigger and lankier then I realized, seems to be light on his feet and gets off the ground with little to no effort. I'm super excited to have such a fluid athlete at that size on our team. The defensive instincts seem to be there for the most part. It seems he chose not to rotate over on some drives, but I'm not certain if that was the game plan or his own lack of effort/energy.

« Reply #1117 on: September 29, 2018, 01:00:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

He's Bigger and lankier then I realized, seems to be light on his feet and gets off the ground with little to no effort. I'm super excited to have such a fluid athlete at that size on our team. The defensive instincts seem to be there for the most part. It seems he chose not to rotate over on some drives, but I'm not certain if that was the game plan or his own lack of effort/energy.

He looked like players were going away from Williams, afraid of his defense. It was a small sample size but he changed the game when he was in. Someone needs to get him the ball when he's in. I liked his quick passing. He looks like he'll get a few minutes a game right off the bat.

« Reply #1118 on: September 29, 2018, 01:02:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Yeah, I can't believe they didn't give Williams one block. I thought I counted two including that one on Zeller from the 3 point line.

Could swear that was a block. Shot fell well short of the rim.

« Reply #1119 on: September 29, 2018, 02:02:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He needs to get some discipline on his shot blocking.   He can get up quick and jump well but that does not good on the bench with tons of fouls.

« Reply #1120 on: September 29, 2018, 02:15:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

He looked like players were going away from Williams, afraid of his defense. It was a small sample size but he changed the game when he was in. Someone needs to get him the ball when he's in. I liked his quick passing. He looks like he'll get a few minutes a game right off the bat.

yeah ...i liked his quick thinking on passing ....very impressive .....so many of our drafted bigs have just looked lost , game moving too fast to make a quick decision with leads to a errnat pass or turn over. .   He naybe smarter than portrayed, lest basketball wise.
I think he will look even better with Smart , Irving , Morris and Horford.   

« Reply #1121 on: September 29, 2018, 04:49:50 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
He needs to get some discipline on his shot blocking.   He can get up quick and jump well but that does not good on the bench with tons of fouls.
Actually he was known to defend without fouling in college

« Reply #1122 on: September 29, 2018, 05:16:42 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Actually he was known to defend without fouling in college

The way he is flailing at every shot won't work in the pros.   The pro game and college are different just ask Danny Ferry...

« Reply #1123 on: September 29, 2018, 06:32:13 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
 In 9 minutes the kid altered shots,set screens and re screens on almost every play,forced a turnover with quick hands,bottled a player in the corner with his quick lateral and length contributing to a 24 second violation.Got up for an offensive rebound over Hernangomez and drew a foul.
Made a bullet bounce pass underneath to semi and dumped a pass to Yabusele-i have seen that same pass to his center at Texas AM.
He missed a lob dunk because of a bad pass..And missed a fade away in lane-the kid has a soft touch.
He caused a Kaminsky air ball and altered other shots
And the not to forget the simple, effective, Horford like pass from top of key into low post to Yabusele
Williams hit 3 of 4 foul shots.

In Summer League he hit a mid range with a short clock,a dunk,went baseline and put up a very in control soft floater, again with clock running down.So in a total of thirteen minutes as a pro Williams has shown a variety of plays that showed court awareness,perimeter disruption,ability to switch. pick and roll lob target,passing ability and  motor.,

The kid has Horford as mentor and is surrounded by hard working young guys with a defensive mindset.He has shown perimeter skill.lateral mobility,a flash of passing and  BBIQ.
That's what i saw and then re watched in slow motion.
He was anything but lost.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:05:10 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #1124 on: October 01, 2018, 03:46:24 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
If you want lobster go to Legal-not Maine
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 04:13:14 AM by rollie mass »