Author Topic: Cavs fan here. It's payback time, Boston. We've been waiting 5 years for this...  (Read 80379 times)

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'm not Eja and I do not approve this message.
So childish.

Too bad, what he said was true, regardless whether you agree or not.

Sorry, didn't realize this off-base, adolescent, whining of a vendetta against LeBron, with mysteriously perceived insights into his emotional makeup and fortitude, was objectively true, regardless my own agreement or not.

I never understand the personal affront some people have to a player, which clouds their vision and makes for the "true", yet ridiculous opinions above, because they play for a different team.

I don't root for The Cavs, or Miami, but it doesn't mean I can't understand that LeBron is outstandingly good at basketball in all elements and, gasp, that can even be fun to watch.

The hatred is pathetic.

Look man, you can say all you want but the reality of it is that LeBron's own decisions and actions are what created all of the negativity towards him. 

People jump to his defense as if there is some unfair jealous hatred towards him just because his a great and successful player, but lets be real - do we all go throwing dirt on Tim Duncan, or Kevin Durant, or Stephen Curry?  For the most part no, those guys don't cop the criticism.

So why does Lebron? 

Because early in his career he earned himself a reputation for being immature (both on and off the court) and a diva.  He walked around acting like he was entitled, and like he was the prodigal son sent down from god to save the NBA.  He acted like just because of his physical talent and skill set, he should (by default) get a title just like that. 

Then he created a rep for being a bad sportsman - for example, refusing to shake hands after being beaten by Orlando - and people don't appreciate that. 

Then he went to Miami and started talking smack about winning multiple titles before the team had even played a game together, and again people don't appreciate that type of arrogance.

Then there was the whole "the decision" event - most guys just make a decision and in time the media gets word of it, and then people find out.  Lebron decides that he's special and important enough that he should have his own personal TV session to tell the world where he's going. If he didn't say a word and just made his move, nobody would care.  But he felt he had to tell the world (and rub it in Cleveland's face in the process) and again, people don't like that.

Then after all his brash claims he went to Miami, and struggled to emerge as a leader at the start - made himself a reputation as a guy who choked when it counted and who couldn't close out games.

Plus people get annoyed because the league gives him special treatment - everybody knows that Lebron has been fouled out what...maybe once in his entire career?  The guy constantly commits fouls that aren't called, he constantly commits travels that aren't called, and he's so used to getting those kinds of calls going his way that now he whinges and complains every time they DON'T go his way...and every time he complains we all know that the NEXT time it happens, he'll get the call.  You can argue this isn't his fault and that it's the leagues fault which is a fair argument, but people get frustrated by the fact that he seems to welcome this treatment along with the fact that he gets it at all.

Now I agree he's gone a long way, especially with his play on the court.  He's much better at leading now, he's less "passive" and he's proven to be far more clutch over the past couple of years...but the problem is that every time people start to come around and give the guy some credit, he make another stupid and arrogant comment in the media that reminds everybody that he's still the same arrogant and selfish kid he always was.

So because of all this, Lebron gets a lot of criticism and I think that's fair.  Dwight Howard hasn't caused much drama lately, but people still dislike him because of his early career antics.  As they say, it's hard to shake first impressions...and these guys set themselves up.

Look at Kobe as an example of what Lebron is not.  Kobe is a Laker, and every Celtics fan hates Lakers more than any other team.  And Celtics fans HATE Kobe.  But Celtics fans also RESPECT Kobe.  They respect him because no matter how much you might hate him, he's the ultimate competitor, he's the toughest warrior, and any time he doesn't win you know he'll die trying.  He's straight up in the media, he's not afraid to say what he thinks, but his comments have a certain serious and competitive wisdom to them, and when he makes one that's controversial he doesn't spend the next 3 months trying to make up lies to cover it up.  He's probably an ****, but he's a genuine **** who takes nothing for granted, and I respect that.

I also hate Dwyane Wade because he's the dirtiest player in the NBA, but again as much as I hate him I also respect him.  Like Kobe he is all business - he doesn't care if the camera is pointed at him, he doesn't care for bright lights - he just wants to win, at any cost.  **** no doubt, but on the court he's the ultimate competitor and I respect that.

Lebron just isn't that guy.

I don't dislike Lebron as much as I used to because he's improved a lot, but he still rubs me the wrong way, even now.

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Lol at how long that post was.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline Kevin_Dasd

• Cleveland's Most Beloved Troll
  • NGT
  • Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 65535
What a day...

So, I didn't even get to watch the 2nd half. When the Celtics went up by 8 in the 2nd quarter I threw my Xbox controller though my flat screen. I was then forced to head to Best Buy to buy a new TV.

I tried to make it a quick process but the idiot behind the register kept on trying to sell me the warranty. I must have said no 3 times before I gave him my credit card and pointed at my name. He apologized immediately and asked if I was going to write about this on their message boards. I told him no and demanded he process my purchase before I became angrier. He even got the manager to throw in a $25.00 gift card for the inconvenience.

By the time I got home and got my new 80 inch installed, the game was over and I missed what was by all accounts, a pretty ho hum victory by my Cavaliers.

Hey, do you guys mind if I make the game thread for Tuesday's contest?

-Dasd

Twitter-@Kevin_Dasd

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Good evening Boston. My name is Kevin Dasd. I am Northeast Ohio's most well liked and respected sports fan. Now that the introductions are over, let's get onto business...

Boston, let's get one thing straight right now. Cleveland hates you. We view you as a spoiled sports city, that doesn't deserve half of the great things that have come your way. And now, I am pleased to announce that it's payback time.

We all remember the scene in 2010. Lebron walking off the court in Boston and yanking off his Cavaliers jersey--tossing it in the laundry bin just inside the tunnel. That was a very rough day for Cleveland sports fans. We just lost to a city that we despise and we all pretty much knew that Lebron was going. Oh how things have come full circle.

I didn't plan on registering here, but these threads make me sick. Do you people think you're really going to take us 6 games? Heck, some of you arrogant Bostonians actually think you can win this series. These games aren't even going to be close. This is Cleveland's time to shine. We have the best Big Three in the modern era and if any of these games are within 15 points, I'll be shocked.

And finally, I want you all to remember one thing. Even after we smash you in this series, Cleveland will still hate you!

Sorry to say this bro but:

1) You don't have the best big three in the modern era.  Boston's big three (KG, Pierce, Allen) was better.  Miami's big three (lebron, wade, bosh) was better, hell even Kobe, Gasol and Bryant was better.  Why?  Because out of those three 'big three' collections, Cleveland's current is the only one in which 2/3 of the trio can't play defense.  To make matters worse Love has clearly proven this year that here not a star (merely a good starter).

2) You're excited because the Cavs (who just put together a group of three all-stars) are probably going to beat a Celtics team in the second year of a rebuild who do not have a single All-Star?  Wow.  Given the amount of talent on the team you guys should be aiming for a championship, and any less should be a dissapointment.  But you're getting excited about beating a 7th seed team that barely finished with an above .400 record? Cleveland fans are lower than I thought.

3) You do realise that Love is unhappy, right?  You do realise that if Cleveland don't make at least the NBA Finals this year, he's likely going to walk...right?

4) You do also realise that Lebron turned his back on your entire city and left your team to fall down and die just for the sake of chasing a championship, right?  Also, that he did the very same thing to his teammates in Miami the instant he realised that they probably didn't have what it too to win another title?  As a result, you do realise (do you not?) that if Lebron gets to the point where he doesn't feel this team can win a title, he'll walk again?  The guy doesn't care about the city or it's fans, he just goes to whatever team he believes can offer him the largest window to contend for titles...when he feels the window is closing, he moves on.

5) Glad to see you're still hurting from losing to Pierce, KG, Rondo, Doc and Ray Allen.  But you know, that group of guys is gone now, and the only guys still left on this team are Bradley and Bass...so you'll actually never get a chance to get your revenge.  Those guys won, you guys lost.  The best you can do is to try to get your revenge against the far inferior (albeit with a lot of potential) new Celtics who are mostly a collection of 2nd and 3rd year guys who haven't even sniffed the playoffs.  Hell even the coach is only in his second year.  It's kinda like getting picked on and beat up during high school by this big bully...then 25 years later when you're a 40 year old man you get your revenge on him by on his 15 year old son.  Hmm...you guys must feel good about yourselves!

Anyway, just though I'd give you chance to look at yourself in the mirror and see exactly how pathetic your comments sound right now.

That is all!

TP because all of that is true except a few things.

1.I believe Bass and Bradley came after Lebron bolted for Miami. So, no one from those teams currently remain on the Celtics. Makes it all the more pathetic.

2.Kobe, Gasol, and Bryant? I think you mean Bynum or Odom. :)

Otherwise well put. I want to say so many things about this guy but I think I've said enough and I don't want any warnings.

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Good evening Boston. My name is Kevin Dasd. I am Northeast Ohio's most well liked and respected sports fan. Now that the introductions are over, let's get onto business...

Boston, let's get one thing straight right now. Cleveland hates you. We view you as a spoiled sports city, that doesn't deserve half of the great things that have come your way. And now, I am pleased to announce that it's payback time.

We all remember the scene in 2010. Lebron walking off the court in Boston and yanking off his Cavaliers jersey--tossing it in the laundry bin just inside the tunnel. That was a very rough day for Cleveland sports fans. We just lost to a city that we despise and we all pretty much knew that Lebron was going. Oh how things have come full circle.

I didn't plan on registering here, but these threads make me sick. Do you people think you're really going to take us 6 games? Heck, some of you arrogant Bostonians actually think you can win this series. These games aren't even going to be close. This is Cleveland's time to shine. We have the best Big Three in the modern era and if any of these games are within 15 points, I'll be shocked.

And finally, I want you all to remember one thing. Even after we smash you in this series, Cleveland will still hate you!

1) You don't have the best big three in the modern era.  Boston's big three (KG, Pierce, Allen) was better.  Miami's big three (lebron, wade, bosh) was better, hell even Kobe, Gasol and Bryant was better.  Why?  Because out of those three 'big three' collections, Cleveland's current is the only one in which 2/3 of the trio can't play defense.  To make matters worse Love has clearly proven this year that here not a star (merely a good starter).

2) You're excited because the Cavs (who just put together a group of three all-stars) are probably going to beat a Celtics team in the second year of a rebuild who do not have a single All-Star?  Wow.  Given the amount of talent on the team you guys should be aiming for a championship, and any less should be a dissapointment.  But you're getting excited about beating a 7th seed team that barely finished with an above .400 record? Cleveland fans are lower than I thought.

3) You do realise that Love is unhappy, right?  You do realise that if Cleveland don't make at least the NBA Finals this year, he's likely going to walk...right?

4) You do also realise that Lebron turned his back on your entire city and left your team to fall down and die just for the sake of chasing a championship, right?  Also, that he did the very same thing to his teammates in Miami the instant he realised that they probably didn't have what it too to win another title?  As a result, you do realise (do you not?) that if Lebron gets to the point where he doesn't feel this team can win a title, he'll walk again?  The guy doesn't care about the city or it's fans, he just goes to whatever team he believes can offer him the largest window to contend for titles...when he feels the window is closing, he moves on.

5) Glad to see you're still hurting from losing to Pierce, KG, Rondo, Doc and Ray Allen.  But you know, that group of guys is gone now, and the only guys still left on this team are Bradley and Bass...so you'll actually never get a chance to get your revenge.  Those guys won, you guys lost.  The best you can do is to try to get your revenge against the far inferior (albeit with a lot of potential) new Celtics who are mostly a collection of 2nd and 3rd year guys who haven't even sniffed the playoffs.  Hell even the coach is only in his second year.  It's kinda like getting picked on and beat up during high school by this big bully...then 25 years later when you're a 40 year old man you get your revenge on him by on his 15 year old son.  Hmm...you guys must feel good about yourselves!

Anyway, just though I'd give you chance to look at yourself in the mirror and see exactly how pathetic your comments sound right now.

That is all!

1.I believe Bass and Bradley came after Lebron bolted for Miami. So, no one from those teams currently remain on the Celtics. Makes it all the more pathetic.

Otherwise well put. I want to say so many things about this guy but I think I've said enough and I don't want any warnings.

Haha yeah I meant Bynum! :D

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:45:19 PM by crimson_stallion »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
What a day...

So, I didn't even get to watch the 2nd half. When the Celtics went up by 8 in the 2nd quarter I threw my Xbox controller though my flat screen. I was then forced to head to Best Buy to buy a new TV.

I tried to make it a quick process but the idiot behind the register kept on trying to sell me the warranty. I must have said no 3 times before I gave him my credit card and pointed at my name. He apologized immediately and asked if I was going to write about this on their message boards. I told him no and demanded he process my purchase before I became angrier. He even got the manager to throw in a $25.00 gift card for the inconvenience.

By the time I got home and got my new 80 inch installed, the game was over and I missed what was by all accounts, a pretty ho hum victory by my Cavaliers.

-Dasd

/thread. ;D

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
What a day...

-Dasd

Welcome back :)

And to the bolded - Ummm...no. We have a great Game Thread designer in FLCeltsFan already.

But man you are welcome to stay and chat with us. You are an original.

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

That is all!

Haha yeah I mean't Bynum - but you can throw Odom on their as the 4th wheel, because he was pretty impressive that year as well.

Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love are basically today's Stephon Marbury and Troy Murphy.  A nice pair of guys and nobody would complain about having them on your team...but really TBH Kyrie Irving is no Dwyane Wade.

I'd say Odom was more valuable to the Lakers in their run than Bynum was, but thats just me. Odom was the glue to that team.

I'd say Love is more Shareef Abdur-Rahim because I don't remember people thinking Murphy was THAT good. Murphy was fine, but Abdur-Rahim was thought to be a superstar until his numbers magically tailed off, much like Love this year.

Irving's proven to be a capable 2nd banana just not an alpha dog. Marbury could have been something special if he hadn't let his ego get the best of him when he was with KG in Minny. Just saying.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
What a day...

-Dasd

What, ho hum? You've gotta be kidding me. We had it at 6 towards the end of the fourth. Mark my words, if Kyrie didn't catch fire (which was lucky af and won't happen again) Boston woulda taken this game. And if Lebrona wasn't the league's brainchild, he would have had 4 fouls in the second quarter and would have sat out, and we would have easily won.

Btw, I really wanna see your reaction when the Celtics win a game in this series.

Also, you play Xbox? Laaaaame...

And NO, you can't make the game thread, we already have the best game thread maker in the message board world. But I don't mind you staying. How's them TPs treating you? :)
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
I don't root for The Cavs, or Miami, but it doesn't mean I can't understand that LeBron is outstandingly good at basketball in all elements and, gasp, that can even be fun to watch.
  No said he was not good, but mentally he has some flaws and has given up.   I think this puts a few dents in his armor that you choose to ignore.   So the blindness goes both ways.

What was said was quite more extreme than that. I don't think I'm being blind by pointing out that the original quote said far more about the poster than it did about James. It was vitriolic, hyperbolic spewing that was more about a myth than reality. Is LBJ a perfect player? Of course not. Is he the weak little crying child portrayed in what I was responding to? Hardly. That was my point.

Which leads to...

Yes, dated.
  What world do you live in?   Sports always has fans that hate the guys on the other team.  Did any of us wish him harm?  Nope.   I really worry if people from your generation can win a war if we get into one.  Will it be too dated?
[/quote]

This is so patently absurd. A) you have no idea how old that poster is. I know I don't. B) We will all get off your lawn. "Your generation winning a war" It is like the archetype of internet inanity and barn-side broad epithets. Ha.

• Bill Walton
Has this been the case since 2012, though?

Roy, I think he has got a lot mentally tougher but last year against the Spurs in the last game his nature showed up again.  He did carry his team that series but the coming out with what five minutes left was bad to me. 

Even with these mental issues he is still one of the best if not the best playing right now.   I think the only thing he has ever lacked a little is mental toughness and earlier in his career a killer instinct.

I do not like him a lot because he the way he has been marketed.   I don't care with for flair for attentioning seeking announcements.   The guy thinks he is bigger than the game, and I can't say that MJ showed that.

The entire LeBron marketing is an outgrowth of Jordan. This is flabbergasting. You really don't think Jordan thought he was bigger than the game? That he wasn't marketed to the hilt? There is a pretty famous book called The Jordan Rules....MJ was, and probably remains, the most marketed NBA player of all time. "Republicans buy sneakers too."

When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.

• Bill Walton
I'm not Eja and I do not approve this message.
So childish.

Too bad, what he said was true, regardless whether you agree or not.

Sorry, didn't realize this off-base, adolescent, whining of a vendetta against LeBron, with mysteriously perceived insights into his emotional makeup and fortitude, was objectively true, regardless my own agreement or not.

I never understand the personal affront some people have to a player, which clouds their vision and makes for the "true", yet ridiculous opinions above, because they play for a different team.

The hatred is pathetic.

Look man, you can say all you want but the reality of it is that LeBron's own decisions and actions are what created all of the negativity towards him. 

People jump to his defense as if there is some unfair jealous hatred towards him just because his a great and successful player, but lets be real - do we all go throwing dirt on Tim Duncan, or Kevin Durant, or Stephen Curry?  For the most part no, those guys don't cop the criticism.

So why does Lebron? 

Because early in his career he earned himself a reputation for being immature (both on and off the court) and a diva.  He walked around acting like he was entitled, and like he was the prodigal son sent down from god to save the NBA.  He acted like just because of his physical talent and skill set, he should (by default) get a title just like that. 

Then he created a rep for being a bad sportsman - for example, refusing to shake hands after being beaten by Orlando - and people don't appreciate that. 

Then he went to Miami and started talking smack about winning multiple titles before the team had even played a game together, and again people don't appreciate that type of arrogance.

Then there was the whole "the decision" event - most guys just make a decision and in time the media gets word of it, and then people find out.  Lebron decides that he's special and important enough that he should have his own personal TV session to tell the world where he's going. If he didn't say a word and just made his move, nobody would care.  But he felt he had to tell the world (and rub it in Cleveland's face in the process) and again, people don't like that.

Then after all his brash claims he went to Miami, and struggled to emerge as a leader at the start - made himself a reputation as a guy who choked when it counted and who couldn't close out games.

Plus people get annoyed because the league gives him special treatment - everybody knows that Lebron has been fouled out what...maybe once in his entire career?  The guy constantly commits fouls that aren't called, he constantly commits travels that aren't called, and he's so used to getting those kinds of calls going his way that now he whinges and complains every time they DON'T go his way...and every time he complains we all know that the NEXT time it happens, he'll get the call.  You can argue this isn't his fault and that it's the leagues fault which is a fair argument, but people get frustrated by the fact that he seems to welcome this treatment along with the fact that he gets it at all.

Now I agree he's gone a long way, especially with his play on the court.  He's much better at leading now, he's less "passive" and he's proven to be far more clutch over the past couple of years...but the problem is that every time people start to come around and give the guy some credit, he make another stupid and arrogant comment in the media that reminds everybody that he's still the same arrogant and selfish kid he always was.

So because of all this, Lebron gets a lot of criticism and I think that's fair.  Dwight Howard hasn't caused much drama lately, but people still dislike him because of his early career antics.  As they say, it's hard to shake first impressions...and these guys set themselves up.

Look at Kobe as an example of what Lebron is not.  Kobe is a Laker, and every Celtics fan hates Lakers more than any other team.  And Celtics fans HATE Kobe.  But Celtics fans also RESPECT Kobe.  They respect him because no matter how much you might hate him, he's the ultimate competitor, he's the toughest warrior, and any time he doesn't win you know he'll die trying.  He's straight up in the media, he's not afraid to say what he thinks, but his comments have a certain serious and competitive wisdom to them, and when he makes one that's controversial he doesn't spend the next 3 months trying to make up lies to cover it up.  He's probably an ****, but he's a genuine **** who takes nothing for granted, and I respect that.

I also hate Dwyane Wade because he's the dirtiest player in the NBA, but again as much as I hate him I also respect him.  Like Kobe he is all business - he doesn't care if the camera is pointed at him, he doesn't care for bright lights - he just wants to win, at any cost.  **** no doubt, but on the court he's the ultimate competitor and I respect that.

Lebron just isn't that guy.

I don't dislike Lebron as much as I used to because he's improved a lot, but he still rubs me the wrong way, even now.

Like, I don't have the time now to go through all this, but all NBA stars get calls. Durant, Duncan, etc etc.

I don't want to hang with LeBron. I don't think he is a particularly cool dude or anything. But the absurd discounting of his basketball ability that people with vitriolic hatred do is just absurd. He really is that good at basketball. There are fair criticisims of his game to be made. They usually don't involve many of the terms earlier used.

And the recent straight-shooting Kobe is just as manufactured as people are claiming James is, if to a different end. He has ingeniously made people forget or reframed forcing Shaq out, demanding a trade, or threaten going to The Clippers or Bulls, etc etc. Kobe's successfully made himself into **** number one in an acceptable way but if you think it isn't manufactured and an image move you are just being suckered. The ultimate competitor stuff, while he is crazy competitive, is also a total image thing. I have no problem with it but it isn't somehow any more or less authentic than what people are ripping LeBron for (you can tell because people rip Westbrook endlessly and he is the more "authentic" version of what Kobe puts forth publicly. But without the smoothed veneer that makes Kobe's palatable).

• Bill Walton
What a day...

-Dasd

What, ho hum? You've gotta be kidding me. We had it at 6 towards the end of the fourth. Mark my words, if Kyrie didn't catch fire (which was lucky af and won't happen again) Boston woulda taken this game. And if Lebrona wasn't the league's brainchild, he would have had 4 fouls in the second quarter and would have sat out, and we would have easily won.

Btw, I really wanna see your reaction when the Celtics win a game in this series.

Also, you play Xbox? Laaaaame...

And NO, you can't make the game thread, we already have the best game thread maker in the message board world. But I don't mind you staying. How's them TPs treating you? :)

Dude....don't be so gullible.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Has this been the case since 2012, though?

Roy, I think he has got a lot mentally tougher but last year against the Spurs in the last game his nature showed up again.  He did carry his team that series but the coming out with what five minutes left was bad to me. 

Even with these mental issues he is still one of the best if not the best playing right now.   I think the only thing he has ever lacked a little is mental toughness and earlier in his career a killer instinct.

I do not like him a lot because he the way he has been marketed.   I don't care with for flair for attentioning seeking announcements.   The guy thinks he is bigger than the game, and I can't say that MJ showed that.

The entire LeBron marketing is an outgrowth of Jordan. This is flabbergasting. You really don't think Jordan thought he was bigger than the game? That he wasn't marketed to the hilt? There is a pretty famous book called The Jordan Rules....MJ was, and probably remains, the most marketed NBA player of all time. "Republicans buy sneakers too."

When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.

Beat me to it, TP.  Jordan not only thought that he was bigger than the game, but so did the league and especially the officials, both of whom made him their golden boy from the very moment he stepped onto an NBA court.  He was a horrible teammate and crybaby, too, btw, it's just that Lebron has taken it to a whole other level (the crybaby part, anyway).  Couple that with the rule changes and NBC being the official Jordan butt-sniffing network, and the whole thing was just nauseating, imo.  You had his buddy, Ahmad, on the sidelines, as well as other extremely pro-Jordan reporters, and the Bulls somehow managed to get away with focusing video cameras on the Lakers' bench during the 1991 NBA Finals, but everyone's forgotten about that.  I mean, talk about cheating; and people say that the Celtics were bad. ::)

Jordan also happens to be the luckiest superstar to ever live, imo, and not just because he played in a watered-down league. 

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Fwiw, I never thought that Lebron was mentally weak at all, especially when he was the underdog against the Pistons or the Celtics in 2008, so I never understood that argument/view.  The guy talked about as much trash as anyone, iirc.  Didn't he walk up to Gilbert Arenas and tell him that if he missed his two free throws that the Cavs would win, or something like that?  I thought that such behavior wasn't allowed, but then again, it's Lebron we're talking about here, which is why beating him, especially without homecourt, is more than quite enjoyable, imo, because when you do so, you not only have to beat his team, but you also have to beat the league.  That 2012 ecf was a 5 game series win for us if they'd actually called Wade for elbowing Rondo in the head in overtime during game 2, and if we'd switched Bass on to him to start game 6, I'm not sure that he would have had anywhere near his 45 point game.  People forget, when Doc put Bass on Lebron in game 7 of that series, I don't think that James scored 10 points in the first half, lol. ;D