Author Topic: All of a sudden Pritchard looks irrelevant  (Read 4474 times)

Re: All of a sudden Pritchard looks irrelevant
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2021, 01:36:51 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Then gotta build up Kemba's value first and then trade him for somebody who can play the 4

Agree to an extent.

I don't think that it has to be a 4 only. Another really good "3 and D" guy works for me with Pritchard distributing the ball and shooting open threes off of the double teams. Under those circumstances, I'm happy with Tatum at the 4.

I am still hopeful that Kemba, Brown, and Tatum will work and we can add a 4 or 3 with our TPE.

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 01:50:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I know Pritchard is a lot of people's shiny, new toy that they want to play with, but at this point, it's better to get the former All-NBA and All-Star, Kemba, his reps and get him going, than it is for Pritchard to control the ball and get his shots in. When it comes to being a contender, getting Kemba back into regular minutes, playing great is the priority, especially since it appears his arthritis hasn't affected his ability to move, burst or cut and is causing him no pain.

Pritchard will get his time as a backup. Hopefully he plays well enough to be the backup PG instead of Teague.

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2021, 03:19:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I know Pritchard is a lot of people's shiny, new toy that they want to play with, but at this point, it's better to get the former All-NBA and All-Star, Kemba, his reps and get him going, than it is for Pritchard to control the ball and get his shots in. When it comes to being a contender, getting Kemba back into regular minutes, playing great is the priority, especially since it appears his arthritis hasn't affected his ability to move, burst or cut and is causing him no pain.

Pritchard will get his time as a backup. Hopefully he plays well enough to be the backup PG instead of Teague.

I don't think anyone is arguing Kemba vs Pritchard. Kemba is the far more important player. I feel like it's Teague vs Pritchard as you say at the end.

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 03:27:11 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
Missed a wide open corner 3 in the last minute. Trade him.

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2021, 03:43:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I don't think anyone is arguing Kemba vs Pritchard. Kemba is the far more important player. I feel like it's Teague vs Pritchard as you say at the end.
Actually, there are like three posters that are saying Kemba should get minutes to repair his value so he can be traded because Pritchard will get more minutes and the team can get a different player.

That sure seems kinda like Kemba vs Payton to me, as if Kemba is expendable because of Pritchard

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2021, 04:04:44 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

what Nick said
Yup

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2021, 04:21:31 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Actually, there are like three posters that are saying Kemba should get minutes to repair his value so he can be traded because Pritchard will get more minutes and the team can get a different player.

That sure seems kinda like Kemba vs Payton to me, as if Kemba is expendable because of Pritchard
It’s crazy that people actually think this. Kemba gets no respect for how good he is. All star starter last year. All NBA team the year before. Some people are just never happy (or maybe just never smart). Cs best bet right now is get Kemba back up to speed. He has looked spry in two games so far. A healthy Kemba makes this team much better. If anything, maybe we should start trade Pritchard threads now that his value is high.

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2021, 04:42:25 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233

I like the way he gest into the opponents dribbling space and keeps the pressure on even moving laterally.This kind of irritating, intense pressure frustrate taller, longer guards into pushing off or unloading the ball.
His pressure forced the Smart steal leading to a layup.
Nothing too fancy, just puts a zip on his passes and wastes no time in backcourt.A pass to Theis comes to mind while dribbling left at top of key spots Thies and in one fluid motion never picking up the ball flicks a left handed pass.
And i enjoy watchinghis double team attacks.He is a pest.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 04:55:08 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2021, 04:59:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

It’s crazy that people actually think this. Kemba gets no respect for how good he is. All star starter last year. All NBA team the year before. Some people are just never happy (or maybe just never smart). Cs best bet right now is get Kemba back up to speed. He has looked spry in two games so far. A healthy Kemba makes this team much better. If anything, maybe we should start trade Pritchard threads now that his value is high.

Kemba is a good offensive talent but there is only so many of these alpha scorers you can have on a team.  Also his defensive limitations .... you can't turn a blind eye to it

The role guys are once again collecting dust on offense vs to how involved they were during the winning streak

Weren't people complaining that this was one of the biggest issues from last season?   

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2021, 05:13:56 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
People imagine problems where they don't exist. It's 2 games.

We lost last night because Philly's best player scored 42 points, and our best player wasn't playing.

The offense has functioned fine with Kemba in the past, as it did in much of the playoffs last year. The Celtics have been playing without JT, and with Kemba for the first time in months. It's foolish to start drawing conclusions based on 2 games.

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2021, 05:46:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
its the old issue of reintroducing a big star back in thats been out for a long time ,  everybody drops there game back to let the star shine.    Remember Hayward ?   Timing is messed up ,  now we HAVE to get the ball to kemba ,  instead of letting the  game come to him naturally.   I figured this would happen

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2021, 05:58:18 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Kemba is a good offensive talent but there is only so many of these alpha scorers you can have on a team.  Also his defensive limitations .... you can't turn a blind eye to it

The role guys are once again collecting dust on offense vs to how involved they were during the winning streak

Weren't people complaining that this was one of the biggest issues from last season?
I’m not sure how you can point to defensive limitations and then try to argue Pritchard who is equally a defensive liability.

Offensively, Kemba fits just fine. He’s willingly taken a step back since he’s come to Boston and allowed JB/JT to blossom. Think he understands his role. 

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2021, 06:02:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Really? Wow, surprising. Have these folks seen Kemba play? Kemba is clearly our best point guard. It's not even close.

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2021, 07:46:29 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
its the old issue of reintroducing a big star back in thats been out for a long time ,  everybody drops there game back to let the star shine.    Remember Hayward ?   Timing is messed up ,  now we HAVE to get the ball to kemba ,  instead of letting the  game come to him naturally.   I figured this would happen

Smart for a Hulk. Good call, TP.

Edit: AND I’m gonna come back later and give u another bc u just taught me who Walter Brown was!
U got History

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2021, 03:11:00 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
I think we're overthinking the whole Kemba/PP thing. Kemba's an All Star when he's fully fit. We also know Brad and the team are high on PP and will find ways to have him contribute. His minutes were always going to take a hit with Kemba's return, along with Teague's.

Also PP has done an awesome job thus far but let's not forget he's still a rookie, he will have ups and downs, most rookies do. Let's be glad we grabbed him in the draft and hope that he continues to be a contributor, even if he doesn't make shots he can still contribute with defensive pressure and with managing the offense.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D